Non Season Buffs while Season Not active

General Discussion
Hey folks. It would be nice Season buff work just that period which season finished for non season so we are all waiting for a new season while playing.

Example:
Season 17 - LoN buff

Season 17 finishes - month x day y
Season 18 starts - month a day b

Non Season get LoN buff (or the current season buff) until 1 day before next season start.
In preparation for the new forum format where down-votes aren't allowed...

I disagree with this post.
I don't agree or disagree.

But, I do understand why it's not called a "non-Season buff". ;-)
Another day, Another stupid idea.

Thanks for being consistent drunken pardel.
You're asking to change non-season leaderboards through unnecessary power creep.
Some builds I'm using in non season will benefit from this I hope the suggest will be look into. This is not a bad idea because once season starts this buff ends for non season that's a nice balance to it compare to leave it in permanently.
06/30/2019 05:01 AMPosted by naksiloth
You're asking to change non-season leaderboards through unnecessary power creep.

More like he wants to contaminate the NS leaderboard with extra bonuses that is only available for a week or two so he can get on the LB and not get shifted from it because after the two weeks no one gets the bonus and the NS BG only gets reset once a year
But if he needs to basically cheat to get on the boards
06/30/2019 05:25 AMPosted by Steve
06/30/2019 05:01 AMPosted by naksiloth

More like he wants to contaminate the NS leaderboard with extra bonuses that is only available for a week or two so he can get on the LB and not get shifted from it because after the two weeks no one gets the bonus and the NS BG only gets reset once a year
But if he needs to basically cheat to get on the boards

I don't play leaderboard. Not my focus on game. So for all of you leaderboard guys let's do this.

Give one active/unactive Non season buff until the next season starts.

How does it works ?

- Buff actived - ranks achieved are not counted.
- Buff unactived - ranks are counted.

Happy now ? It's good for everyone. Win-win. GG.
06/30/2019 05:30 AMPosted by PardalBR

No it's not a win-win, because when such a buff is active you will have some players who would like to try for the leaderboards, your buff however wouldn't allow them to.
06/30/2019 05:13 AMPosted by Wise
Some builds I'm using in non season will benefit from this I hope the suggest will be look into. This is not a bad idea because once season starts this buff ends for non season that's a nice balance to it compare to leave it in permanently.

It’s a bad idea because Seasonal themes don’t belong in non-Seasons.
06/30/2019 06:05 AMPosted by Orrion
there’s always going to be players who will just wait for them to be non-Season

Not really. It's just one week time it happens. There are the official non-season players. They need love too. Just saying.
06/30/2019 06:32 AMPosted by PardalBR
06/30/2019 06:05 AMPosted by Orrion
there’s always going to be players who will just wait for them to be non-Season

Not really. It's just one week time it happens. There are the official non-season players. They need love too. Just saying.

Giving them a one week buff isn't going to achieve that, especially considering most wouldn't have the time to make the most of it.
06/30/2019 06:37 AMPosted by Oblivion
Giving them a one week buff isn't going to achieve that, especially considering most wouldn't have the time to make the most of it.

It would be a great start. See got 3 likes so more players agree with me. I play season and i would keep playing too. This promote the gameplay.

Why ? Always the Season ends i never play Non-Season. This would make me play Non Season for at least one week.
06/30/2019 06:39 AMPosted by PardalBR
It would be a great start. See got 3 likes so more players agree with me. I play season and i would keep playing too. This promote the gameplay.

Why ? Always the Season ends i never play Non-Season. This would make me play Non Season for at least one week.

If you have 10 or more likes higher than your disliked garnered in your OP, then you can say "more" players agree with you. Not all non-season players would benefit from a week long season buff, due to either lack of time or inability to play for leaderboards. If something is to be done for a game mode, it needs to be something where the majority can benefit and thrive from.
Limiting a buff like the OP proposed for 1 week would INEVITABLY lead to people crying that they didn't have the time to take advantage of the buff or that they didn't know it was going to be active and missed it. INEVITABLY.
06/30/2019 05:30 AMPosted by PardalBR

If that's the solution then how about not suggesting it at the first place? You're simply locking leaderboards for a week for all players and adjusting everything to Seasonal play to be present just to push NS leaderboards.
I believe you getting a gig out of posting senseless ideas here than playing the game itself.
06/30/2019 07:19 AMPosted by naksiloth
You're simply locking leaderboards

Not locking leaderboard. You get one check box on lobby game screen

[ ] Active buff (you no longer register leader board
[ ] Uncheck (you get no buff but you register leader board scores)

Play the buff for fun who wants. It's one plus.

06/30/2019 07:14 AMPosted by Khord
Limiting a buff like the OP proposed for 1 week would INEVITABLY lead to people crying that they didn't have the time to take advantage of the buff

So they could to announce this feature on bnet news for next season. So everybody would be aware. Solved.
hi Pardal,
I love your post.You sounds like an intelligent person with great ideas.
06/30/2019 10:07 AMPosted by Mpower122
hi Pardal,

Thanks. It's for the sake for all players. It's like this analogy:

Hey i want to help african childs starving with hotdogs. But everybody answer hey hot dog it is not healthy. The sausage transport will is going off the food. Instead they say: I see potential for they do something about Non-Season while Season finishes. To promote players keep in touch with the game too. For example I'm low paragon on non-season 1136 this would promote me to keep playing non season trying to reach some higher GRs for fun. It would too with high paragons players. (This avoid players to start other games while season finishes and avoid them to get addicted on it - lost counts when season did end and friends started other games and they get addicted and they did not come back and it being they share a lot of planes for next season goals but what can be done ? Blizz allowed a nulled time their players go away. And it anyway promote and recognize non-season like players which deserve some respect and news too. And this is good for blizzard more players more online statistic so they will have more support and bargain power to ask updates and new stuff - based on potential customers online statistic).
06/30/2019 02:28 PMPosted by PardalBR
06/30/2019 10:07 AMPosted by Mpower122
hi Pardal,

Thanks. It's for the sake for all players.

I see your sarcasm detector doesn't work either.
r/whoosh