Game too easy?

General Discussion
I haven't played in about 5 years but just recently started playing with my girlfriend to kind of introduce her to games and figured Diablo 3 would be perfect buuuuut, why is the game so easy? We are playing on Master difficulty (the hardest we can possibly play on) and we kind of just melt everything, keep in mind this is basically the first video game she has ever really played and we literally just killed Maghda in 3 seconds. I dont remember the game being this easy before when I played it in the past.

I understand most people dont consider campaign to be the 'real game' but should it really be this easy? We are running Necro/Demon Hunter.
There's a little difficulty slider thing and you can make it as hard as you want in campaign.

Try T6 and get back to us.
07/01/2019 01:56 AMPosted by SimpleDave
There's a little difficulty slider thing and you can make it as hard as you want in campaign.

I guess you didn't read this part
07/01/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Sovereign
(the hardest we can possibly play on)

You cant do higher difficulties until you have a level 60 character. Like I said, were on the highest difficulty possible. I'd do T6 if I could lol.
You cant do higher difficulties until you have a level 60 character. Like I said, were on the highest difficulty possible. I'd do T6 if I could lol.

He didn't read the full thing and just decided to chime in because he saw the title and got emotionally invested in replying to you something snarky

07/01/2019 01:58 AMPosted by Sovereign

Ah, then you can just play with blue items...
07/01/2019 02:01 AMPosted by SimpleDave
<span class="truncated">...</span> You cant do higher difficulties until you have a level 60 character. Like I said, were on the highest difficulty possible. I'd do T6 if I could lol.

Yeah I guess that would make it harder....but that is kinda lame. I dont really want to tell my noob girlfriend to not put on cool shiny items because the game is too easy and we need to gimp ourselves with weaker items.

It also kinda ruins the fun of defeating bosses and getting cool loot, which is like 70% of the fun anyway.
I you want challenge then make seasonal heroes that can play adventure mode where you can play at higher difficulties from the start. I guess (but don't know) that a seasonal level 70 hero can play at a higher difficulty levels when playing campaign for the first time too.
07/01/2019 02:08 AMPosted by Jazz
I you want challenge then make seasonal heroes that can play adventure mode where you can play at higher difficulties from the start. I guess (but don't know) that a seasonal level 70 hero can play at a higher difficulty levels when playing campaign for the first time too.

Might have to give that a try if true. Thanks :)

Yeah I guess that would make it harder....but that is kinda lame. I dont really want to tell my noob girlfriend to not put on cool shiny items because the game is too easy and we need to gimp ourselves with weaker items.

It also kinda ruins the fun of defeating bosses and getting cool loot, which is like 70% of the fun anyway.

Devs should rebalance all game difficult. It's too-too-too-too easy.
I mean the game is too easy. Theres really nothing to it.

Especially if your farming regular rifts.
For a non-seasonal hero...
New hero - Normal, Hard, Expert
Complete Act V - Normal, Hard, Expert, Master
Reach level 60 - Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment 1-6
Reach level 70 - Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment 1-16
Seasonal, you have immediate access to up to T6 and T7-16 unlocks at level 70.

The game's a lot easier than it used to be in vanilla due to power increases to abilities over the years. One workaround you could use is if you shout out in General Discussion for help. Ask a level 70 hero to create a Torment 6 game and invite you and your girlfriend into it. The level 70 hero then leaves the game and you and your girlfriend are left in a T6 game. That should certainly give you a lot more difficulty. Once you're level 70, there's plenty of difficulty levels available, especially in Greater Rifts.
Here's what you do...

Ask in a power leveling community to get you and your woman powered to 70. Delete those characters. Start fresh and set difficulty to T6.
07/01/2019 06:26 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
Ask in a power leveling community to get you and your woman powered to 70. Delete those characters. Start fresh and set difficulty to T6.

That's not going to work in non-seasonal. Heroes under level 70 can join games at up to T6 but they cannot create them until they are level 60. Look at the table I posted earlier, that's what difficulty of game heroes can create for themselves.
Game too easy?

no, just fun.