How much do I hate Set Dungeons?

General Discussion
I've done the entire season journey except completing and mastering a Set Dungeon. See you next season, where I won't do any Set Dungeons.
Natalya's is quite easy. I've done that every time (haven't played all seasons but enough to get all the extra stash tabs). There is an Aussie guy on youtube doing a video on how to do it easily... and he even doesn't use the best Rain of vengeance rune.
I refuse to do buggy set dungeons specially when my main is WW, cant take 1 damage, thats cute a melee mob just hit you from 25 yards away, you lose. ill pass. i beat it once, never again will i ever try that stupid garbage again.
Shadow isn't too bad either. I have trouble doing it with any other rune than Ricochet, but using that rune, there's a little RNG.

Things to remember:

1) Don't have any Thorns on your equipment.
2) Don't use Area Damage in paragon and it's best to not have any on your equipment.
3) Don't use Holy Point Shot. If one of the three daggers misses, it breaks the chain.
4) Using Ricochet, it's best to take the dungeon slow. Use all the time given, you'll probably master with less than 30 seconds left on the timer.
5) Dismiss your follower. You might want to dismiss your companion as well.
6) Have some cooldown reduction on your gear so you can pop Preparation: Punishment when you get low on Hatred.
And finally...
7) Using Ricochet, there's little margin for error, if you break a chain (unless it's right after you completed a chain) it's best to start the dungeon over.

All that said, after a few successful Masteries, it just becomes second nature. And you'll master in no more than 5 attempts and it will only take that many if you get really bad RNG with somewhat large packs too close together but if you don't have any Area Damage, even that won't be a huge issue.
I found all set dungeons that i've tried challenging, but its not impossible to complete. Plus once you complete all season journey quests you get free stuff.
07/06/2019 07:49 AMPosted by Idolis
4) Using Ricochet, it's best to take the dungeon slow.
07/06/2019 07:49 AMPosted by Idolis
7) Using Ricochet, there's little margin for error, if you break a chain (unless it's right after you completed a chain) it's best to start the dungeon over.

Advocating the use of ricochet for the set dungeon is just bad advice. The impale chain is broken if any of your knives thrown don't hit a target. Having your daggers split into two after hitting the initial target is just asking for misses / streak breaks when the split knives don't hit anything. You're way better off taking Impale / Chemical Burn so that even if the initial hit doesn't kill the mob, the damage from the burning should finish it off.
07/06/2019 09:27 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Having your daggers split into two after hitting the initial target is just asking for misses / streak breaks when the split knives don't hit anything.

This might have been true at some point, I seem to remember it, but at some point it changed.

I use Ricochet because the split offs break shields. So he hit one, it breaks its shield and the shields of those around it. Occasionally a second throw will kill more than the one you threw the dagger at, but it doesn't break the chain. And if there is only one creature and the splits don't hit anything, that doesn't break the chain either.

The one drawback to using Ricochet is because the splits can kill mobs around your target, it reduces the number of enemies to hit for further chains. Still, there's just enough mobs in the dungeon that with two or three mobs left, you'll complete your last chain. Sometimes its on the very last mob.

Anyway, I've always done the dungeon with Ricochet, because killing the mobs one at a time is too slow for me to complete the dungeon in time. That's my experience anyway. I've seen videos of folks doing it that way, but it just doesn't work for me.
I hear ya but it won't change. There's nothing harder to kill than a stupid idea.
Some set dungenons are laughable easy. I was too bored to complete them before but this season i have completed all set dungenons including necromancer.

Some of them were so easy that it was just about killing monsters and thats all like archon one.

Rly on this patch it's much easier than it was when released
07/06/2019 07:16 AMPosted by Caracal
I've done the entire season journey except completing and mastering a Set Dungeon. See you next season, where I won't do any Set Dungeons.

So rather than spend 5 minutes of a 3 month long season in a set dungeon, you'd rather miss out on an extra stash tab and the guardian wings?
I am one item away from my new stash tab, and it is the set dungeon, dang it. At least I have several weeks to work on it. The thing is, I need to tone down my power so I do not kill everything too fast, so much for the set.
The Marauder dungeon is also super easy to do and master in first try, when you have figured out how to avoid the rockworms. I used this to complete the jurney in all 3 regions for season 17... (well at least as far as to get the stash tab)
I was discussing this on other topic. It's in fact boring and no reward for a boring think so it's worst than boring.

07/05/2019 04:56 PMPosted by PardalBR
It´s the obvious hehe. If i will go to work and if i know i will not be paid so wth would i go to work ? Humans are moved by rewards. That is the motive dungeon sets failed. Beyond that instead they offer boss and elite new mechanics on dungeons sets they just offered gameplay mechanics. So players got bored because they was used to do GRs/rifts asap. If they asked all sets season journey dungeon set almost nobody would do it because they find it boring. Now some easy sets it's easy.
07/06/2019 12:20 PMPosted by PardalBR
It's in fact boring and no reward for a boring think so it's worst than boring.

Except within a Season, there's clearly a reward, i.e. mastering a single set dungeon is required to get you up to and completing Conqueror for the extra Stash tab, and this season for the Guardian tier wings. There's also the fact that there are cosmetic wing rewards for completing all the (non-necromancer) set dungeons and for mastering all the (non-necromancer) set dungeons.

So, are they boring and tedious, often requiring you to nerf your hero to complete them? Sure, I'd agree with that. But to say that there are no rewards is just demonstrably false.
Unhallowed Essence Multishot is really easy. Just take off companion, take off templar, take off vengeance. You don't want any passive damage that will kill enemies. You need to hit like 20 with one multishot 6 times i believe. It's easy. Depends a bit on rng though.

If you have a Wizard with Vyr's it's even easier. You just need an Aether walker in cube, Vyr's 6 set, and Chantodo's weapons.
07/06/2019 12:06 PMPosted by ZeeLoyd
The Marauder dungeon is also super easy to do and master in first try, when you have figured out how to avoid the rockworms. I used this to complete the jurney in all 3 regions for season 17... (well at least as far as to get the stash tab)

Marauder Multishot build is super easy to complete the set dungeon. Yang's, Bombardier's and Marauder 6 is all you need. Enter the set dungeon, start dropping sentries and just keep vaulting and spamming Multishot and your primary skill (Evasive Fire Focus). Staying super mobile prevents the rock worms from getting you.
07/06/2019 12:43 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Except within a Season, there's clearly a reward, i.e. mastering a single set dungeon is required to get you up to and completing Conqueror for the extra Stash tab

Do you want to teach the father to pray the mass ? I completed season journey on day one. I'm relating after that no reward so it's useless. I could complete with every single set but no reward so why should i do that ? It's better i run speedies 125-130 GRs and get paragons rewards instead.
Inarius is super easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cscYoc8VD2s
07/06/2019 03:06 PMPosted by PardalBR
I'm relating after that no reward so it's useless.

So, you're just going to ignore the section of my post which mentions the cosmetic wing rewards for completing / mastering them all then?
07/06/2019 04:33 PMPosted by Meteorblade
So, you're just going to ignore the section of my post which mentions the cosmetic wing rewards for

So you're just going to ignore the section of my post which metions i completed all season journey on day one ? Point here after one set completed there are no more reward for completing all possible sets per example.