Is X-Mouse allowed or even a gray area ?

General Discussion
Achilles, I believe that you misinterpret what Nevalistis says. What she says doesn't mean that you are allowed to use a macro to repeat or automate a single keystroke or mouse click the way that OP would like to do.
Not sure why this thread is still going. There should be no confusion in this.

1 key press = 1 action. Actions are defined as being a unit of work that can be accomplished by one key press on standard hardware.

You know what that action is, so if you have to do some mental gymnastics to make it mean something like being able to run an entire level on a button press, or activating an ability twice, that's not allowed.

If you have something set up to activate a skill twice while you only press once, that's automation. It's not supported. It's against the rules of the ToS, or ToU, or whatever dictates that behavior. If you have a dipping bird automatically pressing a key, that's against the rules.

WoW has supported macros to help you do things, which means there may be gray areas, but D3 does not.

Whether it's right, or wrong is irrelevant. That's the rules they gave us.

That being said, the only people they have banned within the last probably five years are botters, so you're probably fine if you decide to break the rules. If something happens, however, you should not be overly surprised.
so basically if you wanna do it rly right you shouldn't use Macro but also not Numpad (but Numpad you can get a pass ?)

but this Reply on a other topic fu... my head
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/5795159954?page=2#post-30

Omrakos
Oct 25, 2012
No one's going to be banned for using a macro keyboard or any macro-capable device or application as long as they don't use them to automate gameplay. If that's detected, and I'm not even saying it can be detected, it would be a violation of the Terms of Use.

So when starts automate gameplay ?
-Kadala fast buy?
-Use Macro for activating skill after cd ends?
-Open rifts ?

Would be interesting what a person from Blizzard say about it.
06/30/2019 03:59 AMPosted by MissCheetah
No, not really. Anything that performs actions that you can't do with the in-game controls are not allowed. The OP wants to spam a skill on repeat which is not something you can do with the game controls. Even in WoW which has an in-game macro maker, you cant automate a skill to repeat like that.

Except bots are not allowed but blizzard seems to have no issue with that. An automated button to avoid carpal tunnel seems like a minor thing. How about they look at skills that require constant refreshing and let them last longer?
07/01/2019 09:57 AMPosted by Achilles

No, not really. Anything that performs actions that you can't do with the in-game controls are not allowed. The OP wants to spam a skill on repeat which is not something you can do with the game controls. Even in WoW which has an in-game macro maker, you cant automate a skill to repeat like that.

So, technically no, the OP wants to automate that skill press so they run the risk of getting in trouble.

umm wrong. This was extensively covered for keyboard and mouse macros for WOW and diablo being a product of the same company follows a very similar TOS if not exactly the same.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1772567980#post-10
Nevalistis Community Manager
6630 posts
Jan 1, 2011
The use of a macro is fine so long as it only accomplishes a single action. The use of automation, where a single keystroke will accomplish multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action.

The use of a keyboard with this functionality is fine - so long as it does not get used to accomplish the latter.

The support article we have on how to stay in the game covers this in a much more verbose manner than I might be able to (without quoting it word for word). You may want to give that a look first. >^.^<

How to Stay in the Game (Part 2 of 2)
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21507

Note the date of that post. That was for the World of Warcraft game, not Diablo 3. WoW has macro capability and you can use a macro on a keyboard as long as it does not do anything outside the limitations presented by the game's built in Lua sandbox.

You cannot use macros at all with Diablo 3 as there is no legitimate purpose for such use. Anything other than a simple key remap would be considered automation.

07/01/2019 10:40 AMPosted by Talzar13
My feeling is, a macro or turbo button that repeats a single keystroke is fine, it's just doing what you can do, pressing one button.

A macro that fires off a series of commands though is automation, thus not allowed. But YMMV.

A macro that repeats a keypress is performing more than one action per use. That's automation and is not allowed. A turbo button technically falls outside of that pervue, but can easily trigger an automatic account flagging simply by the nature of its rapid repetition that is faster than what would normally happen when a button is manually pressed repeatedly (most "turbo" buttons' minimum repeat speed is far faster than human hand repeat speed and is easily detected and flagged).

07/01/2019 01:14 PMPosted by I3lackDevil
so basically if you wanna do it rly right you shouldn't use Macro but also not Numpad (but Numpad you can get a pass ?)

but this Reply on a other topic fu... my head
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/5795159954?page=2#post-30

Omrakos
Oct 25, 2012
No one's going to be banned for using a macro keyboard or any macro-capable device or application as long as they don't use them to automate gameplay. If that's detected, and I'm not even saying it can be detected, it would be a violation of the Terms of Use.

So when starts automate gameplay ?
-Kadala fast buy?
-Use Macro for activating skill after cd ends?
-Open rifts ?

Would be interesting what a person from Blizzard say about it.

Blizzard has already given the "guidance" that was posted by MissCheetah. They aren't going to say anything further on the issue. You seem hellbent on just doing what you want, so hey, go ahead and do what you want. If you get caught, you get caught. You won't be able to blame us as we gave you the pertinent information and you chose to ignore it.

Can any of us say for sure you'll get caught? No, just like we can't say for sure you'll get caught if you run a red light. Does that mean you should? No, it doesn't. But we can't stop you either, and it looks like nothing we say is going to change your mind so hey, have at it. Just don't come rant at us if you lose access to your D3 account.
07/01/2019 02:57 PMPosted by Zendiablo

Except bots are not allowed but blizzard seems to have no issue with that. An automated button to avoid carpal tunnel seems like a minor thing. How about they look at skills that require constant refreshing and let them last longer?

Agree completely.

Zen, accept friend request please! My friend list got deleted and I am working to re establish.

Thanks