Diablo immortal

General Discussion
dupe version of Diablo immortal has been released by Tecent(Chinese gaming company) and has failed hard . many Chinese didn't like it at all due to the microtransaction
Blizzard is pretty much screwed when they release Diablo immortal on both china and the rest of the world.

best day of my life when i hear this failure ,blizzard deserved this.
We all got wallets, which is the only thing Blizz cares about.

Happy to pay them for D4 but not a micro transaction trash phone game.
Raziel, I believe, is the name of the Tencent game, which has been roundly trashed by the Chinese audience, not for the game itself, but it's over the top MTXs. And this is the demographic that has a high tolerance for MTX in their games, so one can only imagine how pervasive and predatory this must have been.

Taking your audience for granted is always a bad strategy. That's what happened to BlizzCon 2018. Blizz took Diablo fans for granted. Now Chinese game devs are taking their audience for granted.

It's impossible to know what's going on with Dimmortal, but perhaps they are asking themselves if they've made Dimmortal just a tad bit too predatory.

More to come, undoubtedly.
From what I hear it had nothing to do with the type of game or even the presence of microtransactions, but rather the unfavorable combination of horrible drop rates to substantiate an excessively microtransaction driven economy. In other words, poor design and too obvious.

Blizzard is not immune, but they may well sidestep that pithole, or believe they can. Either way, it's not evidence for them to cancel or get seriously concerned.
07/07/2019 09:41 PMPosted by ShootingStar
dupe version of Diablo immortal has been released by Tecent(Chinese gaming company) and has failed hard .

It's not a 'duped' version.

It's what they do in China.

They release a low quality version of the game to see how people relate to it.

D:I is on course following the program set before them.

We'll see it full force by Blizzcon November in USA and Europe.

I won't be trying it out.
07/07/2019 09:41 PMPosted by ShootingStar
dupe version of Diablo immortal has been released by Tecent(Chinese gaming company) and has failed hard .

I couldn't care either way. I have no interest in this game and will not play it, no matter what. Whether it survives to be released or disappears into Developer Hell makes no difference to me.

I might pay some attention when Diablo 4 is ever released, but to be honest I will probably wait a minimum of a year before actually consider picking it up after the drastic changes Blizzard did to D3 during it's first couple years altered so many things (skills removed/severely nerfed, difficulties revamped over and over etc etc).

There are other, well established ARPG's out there that emphasize game mechanics and character customization over power creep. I'll just stick to those until Blizzard can prove they're not just going to power creep the next one beyond the moon.
I thought the duped game was "Star Wars : Uprising" by Kablam which lasted 1 year.
Why did I get a news article on my phone saying Razel is topping the charts in China?
07/08/2019 11:37 AMPosted by Runic
From what I hear it had nothing to do with the type of game or even the presence of microtransactions, but rather the unfavorable combination of horrible drop rates to substantiate an excessively microtransaction driven economy. In other words, poor design and too obvious.

Blizzard is not immune, but they may well sidestep that pithole, or believe they can. Either way, it's not evidence for them to cancel or get seriously concerned.

Actually, because of it's failure in China, Blizzard is in panic, so much so that they have delayed the launch date for Diablo immortal.

At this point in time, Blizzard is almost convinced that Diablo Immortal will be a total and utter failure, at least, in the West.
diablo 3 is the greatest game of all time.
My fear with Diablo: Immortal is a) the controls, and b) it'll be Pay 2 Win. Looks like at least one was justified.
07/07/2019 11:20 PMPosted by Toots
Raziel, I believe, is the name of the Tencent game, which has been roundly trashed by the Chinese audience, not for the game itself, but it's over the top MTXs. And this is the demographic that has a high tolerance for MTX in their games, so one can only imagine how pervasive and predatory this must have been.

Taking your audience for granted is always a bad strategy. That's what happened to BlizzCon 2018. Blizz took Diablo fans for granted. Now Chinese game devs are taking their audience for granted.

It's impossible to know what's going on with Dimmortal, but perhaps they are asking themselves if they've made Dimmortal just a tad bit too predatory.

More to come, undoubtedly.

was also trashed as once you hti level cap the gear that drops is worthless and u pretty have to buy MTX to progress lol.