New D3 "Face The Danger" Mode

General Discussion
Give us new mode with new prizes.

I suggest random challenge accord player progress this happens:

It's a place with 4 floors stuffed with a lot of challenges:

- First floor a random legendary gem stop working.
- Second floor the first paragon tab got point reseted (sure when mode finish it back to normal).
- Third floor a random cub item has it's effect off.
- Fourth floor the other two legendary gems are dismissed.

So the player would proof himself like a build dominator.
You really need to stop with the bad suggestions, its getting old.
07/01/2019 04:26 AMPosted by PardalBR

Your suggested mode is awful. Especially bad is the disabling of a Cube item. If that happened to be a Ring of Royal Grandeur it could completely break the hero's build as it may mean they no longer have a 6-piece bonus or a working 6/4 hybrid.

Oh, and you also forgot to say what the prizes would be.
07/01/2019 04:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Your suggested mode is awful. Especially bad is the disabling of a Cube item. If that happened to be a Ring of Royal Grandeur it could completely break the hero's build as it may mean they no longer have a 6-piece bonus or a working 6/4 hybrid.

Oh, and you also forgot to say what the prizes would be.

Smart guy so you know you should avoid to add rorg on cube.
I’m all for new modes.

But these are new modes like cancer is beneficial.. and it isn’t.
Maybe you didn't get the memo that they pulled all the developers out of D3 except a skeleton crew and a bunch of college interns that they pay with beer and pizza?

Activision/Blizz had abandoned this game until the DI fiasco forced them to put some minimal resources back into it.

At this point, you might get a few numbers tweaks and some new items here and there but that's about it. Certainly, not an entire new mode.

The devs are mostly working on D4 now.
07/01/2019 05:37 AMPosted by PardalBR

The RoRG was just an example of how bad this could be. It's not hard to think of other cubed items whose benefit, if randomly removed, would completely break people's builds.

I'm smart enough to recognise dumb ideas.

Oh, and you still haven't mentioned what the prizes would be...
Give us D4 so we do not need to worry about adding a new mode to a 7 year old game.
You know what's really funny?

This guy could play this mode right now.

1st Floor- remove any gem you like.
2nd Floor- remove your own paragon points
3rd Floor- port to town and choose any of the three cubed items, then just select one you have equipped.
4th Floor- Repeat what you did in Floor three but select all three items with ones you have equipped.

Bingo Wango, you can play your new mode without Blizzard lifting a finger. lol
Honestly, this sounds like a bad idea in multiple ways.

I would rather have an endless dungeon based on the way the trial worked than this.
The answer to these topics is we gotta just stop responding, right? He keeps posting cause his topics keep hitting multiple pages. Can we make a pact to just ignore his 'bad idea of the day' for tomorrow?
07/01/2019 08:48 AMPosted by Idolis

But you can bet nobody else is going to...
07/01/2019 09:26 AMPosted by Damocles

But you can bet nobody else is going to...

Actually, I play this mode every season...when I'm gearing after level seventy and haven't got three gems leveled or the gear I need in the cube, but usually after a couple of hours I have at least the three items I need in the cube and my three gems the build requires at least leveled to 25.

Maybe that's where the guy got his idea from. Point is, most people are trying their damnedest to get out of that rut, not stay there.
07/01/2019 08:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade
07/01/2019 05:37 AMPosted by PardalBR

The RoRG was just an example of how bad this could be. It's not hard to think of other cubed items whose benefit, if randomly removed, would completely break people's builds.

I'm smart enough to recognise dumb ideas.

Wasn't you saying on all my threads power creep it's too bad ? So this is a way to dismiss power creep. So you are just a fake whiner :)

You know what's really funny?

This guy could play this mode right now.

1st Floor- remove any gem you like.
2nd Floor- remove your own paragon points
3rd Floor- port to town and choose any of the three cubed items, then just select one you have equipped.
4th Floor- Repeat what you did in Floor three but select all three items with ones you have equipped.

Not really. Where are the prizes i asked for ? I would just do it to get new rewards. Otherwise won't waste my time the same for everybody. Remove gem upgrade from GR, so you have no more reward so nobody will do it anymore.

I suggest random challenge accord player progress this happens:

It's a place with 4 floors stuffed with a lot of challenges:

- First floor a random legendary gem stop working.
- Second floor the first paragon tab got point reseted (sure when mode finish it back to normal).
- Third floor a random cub item has it's effect off.
- Fourth floor the other two legendary gems are dismissed.

So the player would proof himself like a build dominator.
Seriously what's the point of legendary gems not working? Just use all rare gear if you want a challenge.
07/01/2019 08:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade

First prize is a blender. Second prize is a trip to the Caribbean (plane tickets and lodging not included).
Wasn't you saying on all my threads power creep it's too bad ?

Yes, I did say that.

So this is a way to dismiss power creep.

No, this suggestion has the potential to completely break someone's build. Did you consider that breaking someone's build part-way through a mode might cost a hardcore hero their life, e.g. by losing them their set bonus so they no longer have the damage / mitigation to kill enemies and survive?

So you are just a fake whiner

I disliked your suggestions that were just power creep.
I disliked this suggestion because it could break people's builds.
Disliking one does not preclude me from disliking the others.
Indeed, so far, you haven't made a single suggestion that I've liked.

07/01/2019 01:09 PMPosted by PardalBR
Where are the prizes i asked for ?

Who knows? It's now more than eight hours since your original post and despite being asked multiple times, you still haven't said what you intended the prizes to be.
07/01/2019 01:31 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Who knows? It's now more than eight hours since your original post and despite being asked multiple times, you still haven't said what you intended the prizes to be.

I let this part up to devs decide. At final the game is not mine. So they add what they think they should