Cold Blooded passive and Snow Blast rune

Wizard
This is the link to my hero (Oblivion) with relevant build info:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/HelloKitty-1652/hero/69040970

The Cold Blooded passive states that "enemies chilled or frozen by you take 10% more damage from all sources for the duration of the chill or freeze." What does "all sources" mean, exactly? Does that include the next damage tick of a channelled spell, like Ray of Frost? And what about Meteor with Comet rune, which is cast by Etched Sigil?

Does cold spell damage, like Ray of Frost, inherently apply "chill" to enemies???

Finally, the Ray of Frost Snow Blast rune states that "enemies hit by Ray of Frost take 15% increased damage for 4 seconds." Does that include additional damage ticks from Ray of Frost? And, more importantly, would that include the Meteor with Comet rune, which is cast by Etched Sigil?

Thanks.
07/03/2019 10:36 AMPosted by HelloKitty
What does "all sources" mean, exactly?

Any attack from you or a party member.

Does that include the next damage tick of a channelled spell, like Ray of Frost? And what about Meteor with Comet rune, which is cast by Etched Sigil?

Yes and yes.

Does cold spell damage, like Ray of Frost, inherently apply "chill" to enemies???

Some do, some don't. Most cold wizard skills seem to apply a 'chill'. Blizzard does for sure. Not sure if it's all the wizard skills or not, it's been a while since I checked.

Ray of Frost should though, it's even in the skill description:

Project a beam of frozen ice that blasts enemies within 5 yards of the first enemy hit for 430% weapon damage as Cold and Slows their movement by 60% for 3 seconds.

Ray of Frost damage is increased by 405% weapon damage every second, up to a maximum total of 1240% weapon damage as Cold.

The part where it says "Slows their movement by 60%", even though it says slow, should count as a chill. Confusing, I know...

Finally, the Ray of Frost Snow Blast rune states that "enemies hit by Ray of Frost take 15% increased damage for 4 seconds." Does that include additional damage ticks from Ray of Frost? And, more importantly, would that include the Meteor with Comet rune, which is cast by Etched Sigil?

Yes and yes.
Many thanks, my friend.

The part where it says "Slows their movement by 60%", even though it says slow, should count as a chill. Confusing, I know...
I wondered about that, because "slow" and "chill" are often referred to separately, and the description of the Iceblink gem states that "your Cold skills now apply Chill effects," which would seem to indicate that cold skills do not automatically apply chill.

*Sigh*
Some do, some don't. Most cold wizard skills seem to apply a 'chill'. Blizzard does for sure. Not sure if it's all the wizard skills or not, it's been a while since I checked.

Ray of Frost should though, it's even in the skill description:

I believe almost all wizard skills do except probably blackhole - absolute zero, at least from when I have checked I didn't see the chill effect.
Yeah, it's confusing.

It's worse because if you look close, you can actually see status effects pop up when you apply them. So you'll see 'Slowed' pop up above an enemies head when you slow it.

Except that even for skills that specifically state they apply a chill, it doesn't say 'Chilled'. It still just says 'Slowed' for chill effects too. Would have been a lot easier to figure out if they had coded 'Chilled' to pop up instead of 'Slowed' for chill effects.

I think if it's a slow that is applied by default by a cold skill, it should count as a chill. The game doesn't seem to treat them any differently, other than what they are applied by. So as long as it's applied by a cold skill as part of the default functionality of that skill (and not added on in some other way) it should count as a chill. I think...