Diablo 4 = FPS?

General Discussion
I know this is all hearsay, and it's probably not worth bringing up, however I want to see if you all feel the same way I do.

There is a supposed "leak" revealing that Diablo 4 will be a FPS created within the overwatch game engine.

When I initially read Rhykkers post about this, I thought to myself "there is not a chance in hell" and dismissed the "leak"

However, then I got to thinking. Would it really be that hard to believe that actiblizzard could be that out of touch? I mean come on, they actually thought a Diablo mobile game was something we wanted. From that point on, I won't put anything past actiblizzard.

All I can do is say,. Please dear mother of Diablo gods, don't let Diablo 4 be an FPS. I was never going to get my hopes up with what Diablo 4 would turn out to be, but a FPS, would be the absolute end for me.

So my question is. Can they really be that out of touch that they would seriously release Diablo 4 as an FPS? They can't be can they??
You mean like hellgate london or boarderland?But I don't think it will be because destiny already was fps RPG style.
Here was the link Rhykker provided.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-G3ogfWkAEoj0d.jpg
That would make me even more suspicious about that they're desperate to sell more tickets.
I think three things;
1. Huge bogus, since I reckon most of the stuff said there ain't even true.
2. Field research to get people's ideas about an FPS Diablo.
3. Before this thread at 4chan, we had another "leak" talking about Witcher-like Diablo.

For #1, I don't even imagine company going through hard times as depicted there.
For #2, you're all helping them by spreading rumors and doing their job for them.
For #3, we got a mobile trash after such rumors last year, not an MMO-lite as that "leak" claimed, neither any hints of a new Diablo on PC were present. That is 4chan we are talking about.
Blizzard only revealed they have been in a partnership with CDPR and GoG with first Diablo, then hire one of the Witcher's directors. That's all.

If Brack went through a tantrum that's because he had to fire people and decide a list of names, that wouldn't cause by Activision cutting costs because there's no such thing. Companies cut costs every time, that's not an unusual thing.
It clearly says they canceled 4 projects; where did that money came from to start them afterall? From saving money by economy flights for a year? What gave them the courage to cancel a SC2 based FPS project that they worked 2 years on? When you say they're scrunching money, then at the next they canceled 4 projects to waste millions of dollars, it sure raise a few questions.

If studio started that amount of projects then cancel it, Blizzard paid for those, not Activision. Activision wouldn't lend them a dime for it. Money matters are discussed in their partnered Acti-Blizz Headquarters, where both parties involved.
They must have overpaid economy experts in the company to not foresee anything, nor plan an annual or five year budget. That's modern age journalism, everybody. Some troll repeats what's regurgitated and everyone buys that.

Media must make articles and videos on that and get on with it to bait those clicks in a newsflash. Such as; only Activision have the money and got "poor" Blizzard by the collar because they are lacking experts in the field.
06/29/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Gimpzor

So my question is. Can they really be that out of touch that they would seriously release Diablo 4 as an FPS? They can't be can they??

Well, they announced the next Diablo game to a content starved legion of Diablo fans, and it was a mobile game. And then when the community went into uproar, Blizzard was utterly taken aback by our response, including our Community Manager.

(Now I'm not sure if they faked their surprise - because its better to look like you innocently misjudged the situation, than look like a corporation serving your fans a !@#$ sandwich because you dont care what your core fans want - or they genuinely are ignorant to what their fans want. Honestly, both options are equally obnoxious.)

So, dont be at all surprised about a FPS Diablo 4. Or a base building, Battle Royale Diablo 4. Pretty much anything is possible.
Among other things... just because a game is (rumored to be) using the same engine as another game doesn’t mean it has to be the same genre.
I honestly think this is entirely unfounded, just like all the rumors that we had before the train wreck that was last Blizzcon.
And while I agree that D:I indicates how out of touch Blizz may be, we're not the target audience for that game - it's a money grab aimed at Asian markets - hence it's irrelevant whether any of us ever touch that game, and I'm sure that was part of their calculation. If D4 is to be a proper PC game on the other hand, it's mostly us who would be the target audience. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think that they are crazy enough to try and sell us D4 FPS...
There is a higher chance I will be engaged to Tylor Swift than D4 being an FPS.
06/29/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Kiadaw
There is a higher chance I will be engaged to Tylor Swift than D4 being an FPS.

I would said that for a Diablo Mobile befor Blizzcon 2018 and look what happened...

If D4 FPS is real, is a goodbye to Activision/Blizzard for good...
06/29/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Kiadaw
Tylor Swift

Probably a lot higher than Taylor Swift I'm sure.
06/29/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Gimpzor
I know this is all hearsay, and it's probably not worth bringing up, however I want to see if you all feel the same way I do.

There is a supposed "leak" revealing that Diablo 4 will be a FPS created within the overwatch game engine.

When I initially read Rhykkers post about this, I thought to myself "there is not a chance in hell" and dismissed the "leak"

However, then I got to thinking. Would it really be that hard to believe that actiblizzard could be that out of touch? I mean come on, they actually thought a Diablo mobile game was something we wanted. From that point on, I won't put anything past actiblizzard.

All I can do is say,. Please dear mother of Diablo gods, don't let Diablo 4 be an FPS. I was never going to get my hopes up with what Diablo 4 would turn out to be, but a FPS, would be the absolute end for me.

Youre the one out of touch. there will be no D4..

downvoting.. booo!
Already covered this topic on the forum a few days ago and I was downvoted to hell, yet here we are with the same topic and it's been upvoted - wtf?
06/29/2019 02:34 PMPosted by Linkee
Already covered this topic on the forum a few days ago and I was downvoted to hell, yet here we are with the same topic and it's been upvoted - wtf?

For starters, this person is clearly saying that they don't want a FPS Diablo game, while your thread on the other hand was making a report based on incredibly questionable information.
That said, I do believe that there's little point in making another thread based on this even if it is for discussion.
You mean like hellgate london....

Oh hell please not this...
puke puke puke
There's no leak and Rhykker is a shill. Grow a pair, and start thinking for yourself.
If this information has any legitimacy at all, then an FPS style Diablo game would kill the game. So would a dark souls look-a-like, imo. They dont fit what we've been playing since Diablo 1. It would be a huge mistake and just another desperate money grab on actiblizzards part. I really do think it would alienate a very large chunk of the player base. Just my two cents.
06/29/2019 06:08 PMPosted by DonMartin
Grow a pair, and start thinking for yourself.

A pair of brains? Actually, that sounds pretty useful.
06/29/2019 07:52 PMPosted by TobiasPeste
06/29/2019 06:08 PMPosted by DonMartin
Grow a pair, and start thinking for yourself.

A pair of brains? Actually, that sounds pretty useful.

I’d say people need to grow a BS detector.

I hope they only fall for online stupidity and not actual scams.
Diablo 4 should be inspired by Diablo 1 and 2! Izometric look, dark ghotic world. Terror like Diablo himself :D Remember Blizz: better is enemy of good. Just give us diablo like before d3 (shiny, colorefull s...t leave for WoW and Overwatch fans). Diablo is loot and wonderful LORE (and fantastic cinematics!). Stop experimenting just give us good old diablo and we will love U once again :)

and 1 more thing: stop making games for money and start again for players!
Blizzard should avoid trying to reinvent the wheel.
With a larger angle of view, they will get problems to generate a convincing environment. Close and far textures are never really realistic and it brings nothing to the gameplay to show them. Over the shoulder is too demanding 3d-wise.

Axonometric can be gorgeous, it's easier to work with:
https://tinyurl.com/y36cjulu
https://tinyurl.com/yxa2wowl
https://tinyurl.com/y6k2ganc