Challenge rifts with top 1 ranking set?

General Discussion
I wonder if Blizzard does challenger rift with the same set of the tops of the ranking these people who talks about you don't need any skill to play this game will be able to complete the rift in the time.
Low quality bait.

Step up your troll game.
I'm not sure I understand your question, or if this is a question in the first place...

That said, generally, you don't need crazy amount of skill to finish the challenge rifts - basic understanding of how each build works is about all that you need. And if you're asking about the builds themselves, as far as I can tell, the selection that we get is fairly random. We've had anything from standard push-builds through some interesting low-tier type builds to half-broken, random ones.
I think EU had a wudijo "let me see what this can do" specials that gave people fits. He even made a video about it.
07/03/2019 02:17 PMPosted by Pja
I'm not sure I understand your question, or if this is a question in the first place...

That said, generally, you don't need crazy amount of skill to finish the challenge rifts - basic understanding of how each build works is about all that you need. And if you're asking about the builds themselves, as far as I can tell, the selection that we get is fairly random. We've had anything from standard push-builds through some interesting low-tier type builds to half-broken, random ones.

He's basically wanting challenge rifts to be taken from the top players on the leaderboards.

If the top spot on the Barbarian leaderboard is 132 with whatever build, then the challenge rift would a Grift 132 with that player's build which would mean that challenge rifts would be unattainable by most players.

And why does he want this?

Well it's because he doesn't like people on the forums saying there's no skill involved when playing D3. In other words, someone said something that bothered him and he got his panties in a twist.
you don't need crazy amount of skill to finish the challenge rifts - basic understanding of how each build works is about all that you need.
I play Demon Hunters, period. When it comes time to do the challenge rifts, I stay away from Barb and Sader, and just mash buttons and move on the others until I learn where all the elites are, and then finish in time.
07/03/2019 04:14 PMPosted by Idolis

And why does he want this?

Well it's because he doesn't like people on the forums saying there's no skill involved when playing D3. In other words, someone said something that bothered him and he got his panties in a twist.

To be honest i find that idea interesting, it is in the name after all, Challenge rifts are suppose to challenging either be it by using a weird build or a high tier perfected build in a fitting GR lvl.
I don't how it would be unattainable for most people but maybe then come with some constructive criticism, maybe they could some special event(not replacing completely) challenge rifts that you just have to beat the rift normally, as in 15minute time limit. Which could be a nice change from the weird builds you mostly see in Challenge Rifts.
It wouldn't even have to be specifically Rank 1, that might be a bit too ridiculous .

You may have missed this thread...

Everything is determined by Paragon
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20772417049

...where the claim is that only someone's paragon level determines how high a GR they can attain despite a number of people providing evidence of players with thousands of paragon less ranking higher on the leaderboards.

So, if one week's Challenge Rift was someone's Rank 1's solo run, this would mean every single player in the region would have the opportunity to play with that player's GR, gear, abilities, runes, caldesann's, and so on. The only possible differentiator would be player skill and the vast majority of players would be completely incapable of beating it.

Even though we've already provided evidence that there's more to ranking than your paragon level, this would completely destroy any last shreds of their argument.
Almost of challenge rifts nowadays you can do with blind eyes
Its just a suggestion, to make this a really challenge and to over the discussion about only paragon matters, because when you copy the character of the rank you will copy everything, including paragon, so you will be able to test your skills in this game.

But in current challenge rifts, there is no challenge and almost of builds isnt complete, they put random crap no one use in meta, none of challenge are useful builds, so i don't understand what is the challenge here.

It will be fun if they can copy the 4man, 3man, 2man setups too, to do challenge rift with your friends, and choose what you will play like zbarb/zmonk/trash killer/rgk, etc..
But it seems like they put random generator lol... i dont know if there is someone who do this or is just a random script to generate the build, because its look like this
Digox, I'm guessing English isn't your first language, your posts look like they are being translated from another.. Badly.

That said, I get what you are saying somewhat, but here's the thing:

Challenge rifts were never mean to showcase tier 1 builds. They were introduced as a way to measure yourself against anyone else in the world when having the exact same chance. IE, a level playing field.

Everyone that does the CRs, have an equal chance to be the best with it. Nothing about your account comes into affect. When you play a CR and I play a CR, its the same CR for that week. If I do better than you for example, then its not because of Paragon or something. Its because I did better.

I have seen a few meta builds in the CRs, but ultimately they don't focus on top builds.

Why?

For some of the reasons MeteorBlade was talking about. MOST players don't have the skill to complete them as easily.

I can hear the whining already from a majority of the playerbase if a top tier build was chosen. Hell I doubt even I could complete the CR in time if that were the case. There are top builds that to me feel clunky to play, have to be annoying precise in your execution and KNOW what you are doing.

But what am I talking about? This game is so easy a blind monkey could clear GR150 with enough paragon, right?

Game on.
Yes, it isn't my first language. I sometimes use forums or other websites to just try to improve my english writing skills.

And now you made me remember I already saw people complaining about the difficulty of current CR hahaha, so i dont know if turn it harder will be good for the overall player base.
It's months ago now, but on EU we had a Challenge Rift which was a Demon Hunter, almost entirely in rare gear, with some unusual hatred builder / fan of knives build, that had been randomly selected but it just so happened to be the run of one of the world's best DHs. If I remember rightly, under 50 people completed the CHR that week because that's how few people had enough skill to pull it off.

I remember looking at it, realising that it was about gathering mobs up into a massive pile, preferably with an elite pack or two, watching your CoE cycle and popping a 30 stack FoK to clear them all, and doing that multiple times, pretty much perfectly. I gave it an attempt or two it, missed the timer by a country mile each time, and accepted that I'd never get it done that week.

The forums were alive with complaints. I got a lot of down-votes when I pointed out that people were complaining that a Challenge Rift was actually challenging that week.
i remember one CF some difficulty too, with barbarian this season, my brother and I need to try 3 or 4 times to complete.

and the worst of all is they put a build that dont have any sinergy to play with... its like you put full rare items and go to t6 with random skills sometimes...

if there is someone selecting the CF weekly he is a big troll
Oh, now I get it. Thanks Idolis and Meteorblade - I honestly couldn't figure out what the OP meant.

As for the actual topic, I wouldn't mind trying some of the "top runs" just for the fun of it. I'm pretty sure I would never beat the timer (and people in general would complain about it to no end), but it would be interesting to try nevertheless...

I think you forgot to say all are half-broken builds, because they are.