WORLD of Diablo

General Discussion
WORLD OF Diablo plz. give a thumbs up if you like idea.
with 4 players they can't control the area damage lag, imagine with 50 or more people fighting in the same place ... lol
07/04/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Ember

World of Diablo or Sanctuary is an idea I don't like, especially if it comes at the cost of Diablo 4.

Being able to play at my own pace, and still progress considerably, without needing to party up is a key element of Diablo that would inevitably be lost if it becomes a mmo.
07/04/2019 10:02 AMPosted by Digox
with 4 players they can't control the area damage lag, imagine with 50 or more people fighting in the same place ... lol

Well in the MMO you have other players so you do not need area damage anymore..

That wouldn’t really matter in a brand new game.
I wouldnt like to see the game ruined see what wow did to warcraft its not a strategy game anymore you play 1 way or you dont play.

This would be awesome.
Endless Diablo content, sign me up.
07/04/2019 10:10 AMPosted by Oblivion

World of Diablo or Sanctuary is an idea I don't like, especially if it comes at the cost of Diablo 4.

Being able to play at my own pace, and still progress considerably, without needing to party up is a key element of Diablo that would inevitably be lost if it becomes a mmo.

What are you talking about? 30% bonus exp in parties, toughness and damage % increases that are party based? Solo has always never had a chance due to this when it comes to any top leaderboard stuff, and if you use a weak set your just doomed (Im looking at you monks & WW barbs).
07/05/2019 07:35 AMPosted by LazyTurtle
What are you talking about? 30% bonus exp in parties, toughness and damage % increases that are party based? Solo has always never had a chance due to this when it comes to any top leaderboard stuff, and if you use a weak set your just doomed (Im looking at you monks & WW barbs).

I'm not saying that solo play is equal to multiplayer, only that if you play solo, you still have access to the same content and reward as you would playing multiplayer. Multiplayer only makes things more efficient, there's nothing gated behind it. That would be different if the next game was a mmo.
Sometimes I like to play for several hours, sometimes I like to play for 10 minutes. Releasing the next game as an MMO means I am now forced to play just longer sessions to do any meaningful content. Wait and hour for a party to form, spend another hour or two slowly fighting to some boss, and spend 30 minutes killing the boss.

Most times I enjoy playing with friends, other times I like to chill out and play solo. MMO is going to kill that for any meaningful content. With an MMO I will have to schedule "play dates" with my friends to make sure we are all on at the same time, and still have to find more people (who we may not like playing with) in order to fill out our group in order to do any meaningful content.

What they really need to do is make a quality ARPG with isometric view for the PC and it will sell like hot cakes. Don't try and invent the wheel. Make what the fan base has been screaming for the last 20 years. Make a quality game that is true to the series and support it correctly, and then you can make all the mobile trash/FPS/MMO/card game/board game/strategy games that you want and the vast majority will not be upset like they are now.
Only if we have cubs bouncing on trampolines, talking pandas that wax philosophically and give life lessons.

I mean, they are running a system from the early 00's

I would assume the next game has a much better overall game engine lol
No thank you.
07/05/2019 09:07 AMPosted by Alexismad
Sometimes I like to play for several hours, sometimes I like to play for 10 minutes. Releasing the next game as an MMO means I am now forced to play just longer sessions to do any meaningful content. Wait and hour for a party to form, spend another hour or two slowly fighting to some boss, and spend 30 minutes killing the boss.

Most times I enjoy playing with friends, other times I like to chill out and play solo. MMO is going to kill that for any meaningful content. With an MMO I will have to schedule "play dates" with my friends to make sure we are all on at the same time, and still have to find more people (who we may not like playing with) in order to fill out our group in order to do any meaningful content.

What they really need to do is make a quality ARPG with isometric view for the PC and it will sell like hot cakes. Don't try and invent the wheel. Make what the fan base has been screaming for the last 20 years. Make a quality game that is true to the series and support it correctly, and then you can make all the mobile trash/FPS/MMO/card game/board game/strategy games that you want and the vast majority will not be upset like they are now.

That's exactly why I quit WoW.

Be fair, we cannot assume they will create a MMO-RPG and top of an ARPG's engine. They will at least based on WoW's engine if are going to make a new one.

BTW, my answer to OP :-

No objection if it mean a new MMO product line base on Diablo title although not my cup of tea. Otherwise, I don't want Diablo become a MMO :-)
I'd probably play it more than I do D3, I can play WoW in longer sessions than D3, something about D3 just burns me out quick.
please stop.
07/05/2019 10:22 AMPosted by Demonmonger

I mean, they are running a system from the early 00's

I would assume the next game has a much better overall game engine lol

I'm not even sure what engine d3 uses. It....could be significantly...improved though.
If Acti-Blizzard did one, you'd only be able to play it via cell phone.
World of diablo could be good.Nothing is impossible.It would make world of warcraft look like a cartoon.A diablo 2 Lod on steroids.