how is this game? it is worth playing?

General Discussion
hello! im relatively new here

i played the game in 2014 with auction house. i stopped playing the game
and simply forgot. 2 years ago i think i bought the game with the expansion but for an odd reason never got the interest in downloading it until now. i still have my mage in my brother account.

a few question
1)it is possible to transfer that character to my new account?
2) how the game changed in this 5 years?
3) it is better or worse than 2014 version? i still didnt played reaper of souls
4)how is PvP? too much unbalance?
5)its worth playing in 2019?
Yes it's good.
I like it.
1) No
2)Enormously
3)RoS expands everything
4)Forget PvP
5)Yes.
I like it.
4)Forget PvP

[/quote]

why? is the PvP dead? or is not like in d2?
the only thing i remember of Pvp was something like an arena but nothing more. there is world PvP? or just dont worth PvPing others?
PvP in D3 only exists as Brawling, which is Ultra Lame.
There is no "Hostile" in the World.
If you are a PK, D3 is not for you.
Yeah, it's great fun! There's no PVP but if you enjoy a PVM environment and creating builds and perfecting characters, this is a game you'll enjoy! If not, then maybe not!
07/04/2019 08:50 PMPosted by Jaim
I like it.
4)Forget PvP

why? is the PvP dead? or is not like in d2?
the only thing i remember of Pvp was something like an arena but nothing more. there is world PvP? or just dont worth PvPing others?[/quote]

PVP is not dead per se but it is called Brawling it places you both in tiny arena area and no balance changes are made...since everything in the game is hyper inflated, one attack will kill and...it's not really pvp. It's more like god mode/stepping on ants/being stepped on
well thanks!

there is my last question
i think i remember my brother password :) there is any way to trade all my mages items and send it to my new character?

i remember having "decent" items for 2014 standard obviously not for 2019 but at least is better than starting totally new any way to trade?
07/04/2019 09:09 PMPosted by Jaim
well thanks!

there is my last question
i think i remember my brother password :) there is any way to trade all my mages items and send it to my new character?

i remember having "decent" items for 2014 standard obviously not for 2019 but at least is better than starting totally new any way to trade?

There is only a 2 hour window to trade, and only with people that were in your game when the item dropped. Even if you could get that gear, it would be terrible nowadays.

Fresh start is easy in seasons, get a power level to 70 and work on the season journey, you will get a free class set.
so this game have no trading? well that suck! i remember playing d2 and trading items for the one i wanted :( !@#$! XD even gems and gold cant be traded? i remember having like 200 millons and a ton of gems
i have been watching this thread

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753118072?page=2

not for reviving dead ones but wow this look depressing. so pvp is almost non existent and is a PvE experience im fine with taht but battling other players was fun in D2 maybe still isnt a bad purchase since i didnt play RoS. but i wont pay $500 for the necromancer :)
Not at all. This game really sucks and only retarded people still play it. If you want to try the real successor of D2 try POE.
07/04/2019 09:09 PMPosted by Jaim

Can't do that, trading is a 4 letter word. Don't worry, your 2014 gear has been power-creeped into oblivion and is useless. The good news is, gear rains from the sky now, so you can get up to speed in a few hours. Create a character on season, join a few communities, get a power level, do the season journey. In 4 hours you can be playing T10 to T13 or even T16 (Yes, we have 20 difficulty levels now).

The game is still fun, with a lot to do in the short term(20-40 hours), it becomes an xp grindfest in the long term.
Just finish the seasonal quest for rewards. don't even bother climbing through leaderboards. there is a bot in game. or wait for the mobile version comes out you'll spend money for cosmetic stuff.
Its still fun. Don't listen to these idiots. Been playing this game since 2012. Just play, don't grind.
07/04/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Jaim
1)it is possible to transfer that character to my new account?

If you have legacy rare items on your character, I guess your brother can toss them out to you.
At the current game, trading is non-existent; you can not trade gold, all items are worthless and their worth simply can be measured with forgotten souls equal to their salvage for exchange rate in public games.

2) how the game changed in this 5 years?

They tried to add their version of Diablo 2 along 5 years, yet still failed by derivating the design way too much.

We have Kanai's Cube, resembling Horadric Cube but serving as a slot machine which became one of the better ways to acquire loot instead of playing the game. You still have to feed it crafting materials but we're talking about guaranteed legendaries here and recipe list is way too short compared to its predecessor. Nothing else to do but put specific coins in it then pull the lever.
We have gambling NPC; Kadala, Gheed's daughter according to the lore. She takes bloodshards that you find at Rift Guardians or outer world from shard goblins.
We also have a form of small item chase which are legendary gem levels, their upgrade chance relies on randomization again. Total randomization can be really frustrating when you realize each roll is independent and it takes a very grand scheme for reaching those said success percentage.

3) it is better or worse than 2014 version? i still didnt played reaper of souls

I'd say same. They haven't repaired glaring flaws they pulled a band-aid fix on them. When they realized they didn't really nailed the risk-reward balance they tried to cover it up by adding more gamble, slot machines and difficulty scales up to 20.

When bot problem shown up, they made group players gain mad experience multipliers in 4 player games to "balance it". Also they added Strength in Numbers which give magic and gold find as long as you stick close.
They utilized group play and emphasized in-house/friends meta for high challenges instead of public games in mind; just because they were too lazy to ditch Quickplay model.

4)how is PvP? too much unbalance?

PvP is dead; when you decide to duke it out power gap between characters would be most likely broke as their progression schedule. Brawl area PvP damage penalty is too low; It will be a one-shot fest unless both parties at the VERY end game with full augments which will take you hundreds of hours to do so. If you wanna play PvP you have to stick to low end rares, immunities and trash crafted legendaries.

5)its worth playing in 2019?

For a good 200-1000 hours it's solid entertainment, I can guarantee you. After that you eventually hit the end game and have to decide if you wanna waste thousands of hours for competing at the leaderboards truly or play it your way and have fun.
Most of Blizzard's game design is always same, after player hit the end game, scale is so high it's up to player to keep their limits or pushing them. Deciding is up to you.
07/04/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Chipoodle
Not at all. This game really sucks and only retarded people still play it. If you want to try the real successor of D2 try POE.

And yet, here you are, talking trash instead of playing your precious POE.
07/05/2019 02:48 AMPosted by Nefertiri
07/04/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Chipoodle

And yet, here you are, talking trash instead of playing your precious POE.

That's right, the only good thing about diablo 3 it's the forum. So much fun reading it! The rest of my free time i play to POE.
for me the best times was s9, s10 and s11
when rathma/lon mage speeds introduced in this game started getting more boring, because its so easy and boring to play, you don't need to be good to complete gr110+ in 3 minutes, before that in s9 if i remember correct, the speed was gr100-105 in 10 minutes, and everyone need to play right to be able to complete this, need to have good zbarb, zmonk, wd, rgk, etc... nowadays its just a bunch of macros to cast devour and frozen of deads and walking in the rift seeing things exploding.

but it still a good game if you want to waste sometime. i always play 2-4 weeks in the beggining of the seasons.. after that i wait for another season to start again with my friends.