Just purchased D3 - Cosmic WIngs

General Discussion
How will obtain this resource.? How long will it take ?
07/05/2019 07:18 PMPosted by DuBlorK
How will obtain this resource.?
Look in the open world on Adventure mode for Rainbow Goblins. You will also need the RoS Expansion in addition to the base game. When you kill a Rainbow Goblin, a portal will open to WhimsyDale. Go in the portal and look for a mob named Princess Lillian, and kill her. She will drop the wings if she spawned there, but she is very rare.
07/05/2019 07:18 PMPosted by DuBlorK
How long will it take ?
Could be that you never get them. I have found them 3 times so far, and I would estimate it takes 200-300 portals and 1-2 hrs per portal, so 200 - 600 hrs of active hunting on average for me.

Some people find them on their first Rainbow Goblin, and other people have run 1,000s of portals and still do not have them.
it can take 1 hour or never, that is the way rng works in d3
07/05/2019 07:38 PMPosted by DuBlorK
also. I don't know if you provided enough info tech.
What type of "info tech" were you looking for?

Paragon does not affect the spawn rate of RBGs or Lillian.
07/05/2019 07:51 PMPosted by VitaKaninen
also. I don't know if you provided enough info tech.
Paragon does not affect the spawn rate of RBGs or Lillian.
Yes. it does. it is needed.
07/05/2019 07:56 PMPosted by DuBlorK
Yes. it does.
I found a Rainbow Goblin a few seasons ago before I was level 70 at the beginning of the season, so I had no paragon levels at all.
Really. So in a row ? like non stop hunting ? how does a "human" obtain this wings ?
I hunt between GRs while my friends are in town sorting their loot, and I just really enjoy hunting goblins. I probably hunt about 10-20 hrs a week.

So 400hrs / 15hs/week is about 6 months at 2 hrs a day. Not that extreme.

Here is a post from back in 2007 after I found my 3rd pair, which was on the EU server, BTW.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759290366#post-3

And a pic showing my 2 sets on Americas: https://i.imgur.com/wCXeBUJ.jpg

I only had 1,213 paragon at that point, so I don't think that paragon has anything to do with it since there are players with 4,000 paragon that don't have them.
Yes. it does. it is needed. will you lie or tell the truth ?

Ummm, no it doesn't. Have no idea where you are getting your information. You can get on the first rainbow goblin. There is a strong chance you won't get it on the 500th rainbow goblin. First rainbow portal I went into after they were available, I got them. I have several friends with 1k more paragon than me and haven't gotten them with 100-200 rainbow portal runs.
5/10 for the apparent trolling.

Good luck finding those wings in the next half a decade.
07/05/2019 07:51 PMPosted by VitaKaninen
...Paragon does not affect the spawn rate of RBGs or Lillian.
Yes. it does. it is needed. will you lie or tell the truth ?

This is what we call ridiculing the help.

Paragon affects nothing about cosmic wings. Difficulty doesn’t affect the odds, either.

You’ve been told how to farm them, and nobody is lying to you. Some thanks are in order.
You probably will quit before you get them. Aim for wings more compatible with your experience.
word on this street is that you need high paragons aka 2500 of them to have a chance ? am I right ?

No, you're not right.

I've got almost 3000 paragon on my non-seasonal heroes and despite having been into Whimsydale hundreds of times over the years have never obtained the wings.

Imagine you had five 20-sided dice and if you roll a total of 100 you get the wings. How many times do you have to roll them until you get 100? Could be your first roll, could be hundreds, could be never.
so 200 - 600 hrs of active hunting on average for me.

-Really. So in a row ? like non stop hunting ? how does a "human" obtain this wings ? Even blizzard must know they created them for bots alone to find ? what a joke. you are joking right ?

-also. I don't know if you provided enough info tech. as word on this street is that you need high paragons aka 2500 of them to have a chance ? am I right ?

No, not joking. Some say they are the rarest item in the game. I believe it. Took me over a year to find mine, but wasn't hunting them to the exclusion of everything else. Did some goblin runs, took a break from the hunt, wash-rinse-repeat.
Paragon lvls have nothing to do with it, neither does Torment lvl. I found them on T6, simply because at that lvl you can 1 shot mobs and not take forever to slay mountains of Teddy Ruxpins and My Little Ponies.

I would imagine I went through Whimsydale about 200 times till they dropped.

You also want a speedy toon to do goblin runs with. I got mine playing the Turbo Chicken WD - just ran around or through mobs that were in the way.
they are a nothing but a old folks tale, forget you ever heard about them.
I just made bounties about a week or two by aiming for finding a Rainbow Goblin to have access to Whimsy. So as I do bounties I did alot of side quests to check every nook and cranny and focused on scoring kills in masses. My 11th attempt in Whimsy only succeed to find Lillian. Before that I've been into Whimsy countless times but after I set my mind for exploring and killing more efficient it didn't take too long.
Failtroll is fail.
I can confirm that princess lillian still exists. From Season1 to Season17, about 350+ rainbow goblins. Got my cosmic wings last week. It's a game of chance so it mgiht drop for you eailer or it might drop for you longer, who knows. Good Hunting!