Does Battle Net Helper affect Primal drops?

General Discussion
I've had some weird experience with Primal drops as of recent.
Basically, because the ads on the battle net app annoy me, I deleted a file called Battle Net Helper.
I played like that for several days and got no Primals. The moment I restored the file, shortly after I got a Primal.

This might be a complete coincidence, but if there are those of you, that are willing to test this -- feel free to do so and share the results.
It has as much effect on primal drops as lunar phases do. Meaning none.
No, it has nothing to do with the game at all. The launcher just checks for game version, patches, then connects you to the Bnet infrastructure so you can play.

If you wish, you can set the Launcher to close completely once you click the play button for a game. It is not needed once you get logged in.
07/01/2019 06:05 AMPosted by MissCheetah
No, it has nothing to do with the game at all. The launcher just checks for game version, patches, then connects you to the Bnet infrastructure so you can play.

If you wish, you can set the Launcher to close completely once you click the play button for a game. It is not needed once you get logged in.

Unless you need access to out-of-game chat via the B.net app, it's highly recommended that you configure it to close automatically when launching a game as it both eats resources (it really is a CPU hog) and can actually corrupt the game's files if left open and downloads while you're playing.

For my two cents it's bloatware and needs to be trimmed back down, but that'll never happen sadly.
I dont think its wise to advertise the fact that you've tempered with files.
07/01/2019 06:46 AMPosted by daddy

Deleting files is not "tampering". The OP did nothing wrong. You can delete anything you want on your PC. Now, the program may break as a consequence, but the OP is perfectly free to delete anything they want.

For example, deleting files is actually recommended in many cases to fix issues with the Bnet Launcher. See these official Blizzard Support articles for examples.

Delete Bnet Cache https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34721
Delete Bnet Folder https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34719

The application will re-download anything it critically needs.
07/01/2019 06:46 AMPosted by daddy

All deleting that file does is...nothing. It'll get replaced the next time the B.net app is launched as it searches for all components and if any are missing (assuming it's even able to launch after screwing with files you might know nothing about) it'll simply replace them.

All one is doing when they tamper with the B.net app files is potentially hindering their ability to play the game properly or at all. The cache files aren't an issue and can be nuked. They'll be rebuilt as the app runs. But they shouldn't be messed with unless you're having issues and have received instructions to do so via whatever method of tech support you're getting at the time.
Deleting files and adding files are considered tempering, non?

Just reminded me of the Java Zon glitch where you hitting with a javelin in melee distance can turn into range with just deleting files or adding a file idr.

eh im just erring in caution in blizzard games due to warden
07/01/2019 07:02 AMPosted by daddy
Deleting files and adding files are considered tempering, non?

Just reminded me of the Java Zon glitch where you hitting with a javelin in melee distance can turn into range with just deleting files or adding a file idr.

eh im just erring in caution in blizzard games due to warden

Warden scans for changes while the game is running. The B.net app will scan the game for missing files and replace or repair them. Altering game files gets dicey on modern games because of the MD5 hash associated with those files. And because each installation and patching cycle is unique, so too are those hashes. People aren't altering the game files, so you can relax there.

But nothing you do with the B.net app has to do with Warden. That's an in-game tech.

Edit: Spelling.
But nothing you do with the B.net app has to do with Warden. That's an in-game tech.

ahhh
07/01/2019 06:05 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Theoretically, that's how it should be.
07/01/2019 06:52 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The OP did nothing wrong.

Thank you.
07/01/2019 06:54 AMPosted by TheTias
All deleting that file does is...nothing. It'll get replaced the next time the B.net app is launched

Battle Net Helper does not get replaced every time you launch the game. You can restore it by repairing the app by running the installation file again (it doesn't require you to uninstall).

You also don't even have to delete the file, you can rename it.

In any case, while I'm thankful for the replies, none of what you guys said much to do with what I said.
I proposed, that those willing to test this ether delete or rename the file and tell me if they find a Primal under those conditions. I'll test it myself and share my findings. This time I'll go about by renaming the file.
07/01/2019 02:03 PMPosted by ElobaCarcen
Battle Net Helper does not get replaced every time you launch the game. You can restore it by repairing the app by running the installation file again (it doesn't require you to uninstall).

It gets replaced whenever you launch the B.net app if it detects that it's missing. Nothing more, nothing less. It has nothing to do with the game, which is why I didn't mention the game itself.

In any case, while I'm thankful for the replies, none of what you guys said much to do with what I said.
I proposed, that those willing to test this ether delete or rename the file and tell me if they find a Primal under those conditions. I'll test it myself and share my findings. This time I'll go about by renaming the file.

Your tinfoil hat seems to be attenuated toward the UHF band. That can have nasty side effects on one's brain. Best readjust your head(ing) so you're only picking up the VHF range. Those should be a bit more within your capability to deal with.

But in all seriousness, nothing in the B.net app has anything to do with the game itself. All the app does is tell the game to launch and passes your authentication token to the game server to allow connection. That's literally it.

You're either way overthinking this or your brain needs an RMA ASAP.

… Nobody has said anything about it because it's nonsensical. There is no reason to believe a file that is outside the game and has no effect on it whatsoever will influence Primal drops.

That's like me saying I need you to play while watching Season 5 Episode 15 of NCIS on Netflix on a repeat loop. Because that's what I was doing when I found my last Primal.