Paragon cap in next Season

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
07/04/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Damo
Diablo 2 didnt have paragon, I just hope D4 scraps it altogether

Paragon could be great, and when they announced Caldesan's I thought that paragon was going to get an innovative rework moving away from the main stat focus.

Unfortunately that never happened :(
07/04/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Fangskin
I suggest Blizzard to set a certain limit or cap in Paragon level f
AFAIK the paragon cap is 20.000
07/04/2019 03:36 PMPosted by jeetkundo
07/04/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Fangskin
I suggest Blizzard to set a certain limit or cap in Paragon level f

07/04/2019 03:27 PMPosted by Varadia
That being said, it was probably a bad idea to allow exp sharing between classes. A lot of this complaining about para would be moot if you only gained exp for the class you were playing.

Back in the days of vanilla / paragon v1, it was hero specific. I got my Barbarian to Paragon 100. The main effect this had was for me to not bother playing any of my other heroes due to the vastly decreased amount of magic find they had compared to my Barb. I suspect this may have been a small factor in why they changed it to be region-wide in Paragon v2.
07/04/2019 03:37 PMPosted by Demonmonger
07/04/2019 03:36 PMPosted by jeetkundo

There are players on EU with more than 10,000 paragon.
07/04/2019 03:39 PMPosted by Meteorblade
07/04/2019 03:37 PMPosted by Demonmonger

There are players on EU with more than 10,000 paragon.

As far as I remember they said straight up the active cap for paragon is 10,000.

Is that just xp earned beyond 10k? Maybe it keeps going but is capped at 10k like they stated?
07/04/2019 03:35 PMPosted by Demonmonger
07/04/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Damo
Diablo 2 didnt have paragon, I just hope D4 scraps it altogether

Paragon could be great, and when they announced Caldesan's I thought that paragon was going to get an innovative rework moving away from the main stat focus.

Unfortunately that never happened :(

Loot find for d2 is completely different as well. We don't have trade.

If loot find was still as hard as it was in vanilla, capping paragon might have worked like in v1 but for now there is no significant drawn out end game for endless progression.

I mean I guess you could make something like ramaladni's gift that gives ability to have additive enhancemnets to gear or something
07/04/2019 08:41 AMPosted by Meteorblade
You're limiting the best players just so worse players can feel better.

I have to disagree with this thought, and forgive me, I have been gone most of the day since my last post on page 1. haha

If they are the best players, than even with that limitation in place, they should STILL be the best players on the leaderboard, even with lesser players being able to hit the same paragon numbers much more readily in one season. Now it comes down to who can put together the best assortment of gearing and know how to run the rift to their advantage.

We all know that there have been top leaderboard spots held by players with lower paragon than those around them even with identical builds, all because those players probably have better game sense when it comes to maxing out their build.

I can definitively say that I'm not that good. I'm a casual, but I'm dedicated. I have played every single season. I have never held a spot on the leaderboard. Ever.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. I have played since the game released, as I never got into the beta. And I was fine with that too.

I'm happy if i manage to break Paragon 600 in a season, but I try to get to 800 or more sometimes.

That all said.

This isn't about what I can or can't get to each season. There are many of you out there that do much better and I see the frustration on both sides.

Just saying, it could be fun to see a limit for a season, just to see what happens.

Game on.
07/04/2019 04:41 PMPosted by DTMAce
Just saying, it could be fun to see a limit for a season, just to see what happens.

players got plenty of numerical stat reduction and elimination in D3 vanilla...it was about as fun as sucking on a piece of un-buttered toast

dumping out a season that does nothing but piddle about with gross reduction, simplification, and removal is one of the stupidest ideas going....

There are COUNTLESS ways to actually make this game interesting...
erasing what little stats and numbers there are is a step back to the stone age....
07/04/2019 04:41 PMPosted by DTMAce
07/04/2019 08:41 AMPosted by Meteorblade
You're limiting the best players just so worse players can feel better.

I have to disagree with this thought, and forgive me, I have been gone most of the day since my last post on page 1. haha

If they are the best players, than even with that limitation in place, they should STILL be the best players on the leaderboard, even with lesser players being able to hit the same paragon numbers much more readily in one season. Now it comes down to who can put together the best assortment of gearing and know how to run the rift to their advantage.

We all know that there have been top leaderboard spots held by players with lower paragon than those around them even with identical builds, all because those players probably have better game sense when it comes to maxing out their build.

I can definitively say that I'm not that good. I'm a casual, but I'm dedicated. I have played every single season. I have never held a spot on the leaderboard. Ever.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. I have played since the game released, as I never got into the beta. And I was fine with that too.

I'm happy if i manage to break Paragon 600 in a season, but I try to get to 800 or more sometimes.

That all said.

This isn't about what I can or can't get to each season. There are many of you out there that do much better and I see the frustration on both sides.

Game on.

play challenge rifts.
07/04/2019 05:14 PMPosted by Phatty
play challenge rifts.

I have.
07/04/2019 07:05 PMPosted by DTMAce
07/04/2019 05:14 PMPosted by Phatty
play challenge rifts.

I have.

Then why the need to change the current grifts situation?

You can contest your skills on a level playing ground there.
07/04/2019 04:53 PMPosted by Shurgosa
erasing what little stats and numbers there are is a step back to the stone age...

Something can be said for having the game simpler sometimes. I miss the toast without butter to be honest.

07/04/2019 07:07 PMPosted by Phatty
Then why the need to change the current grifts situation?

You can contest your skills on a level playing ground there.

To be fair:

I didn't ask for the change. I'm simply pointing out why having it for one measly season probably wouldn't hurt anything, but apparently some of you are afraid of it.

Keep in mind you are comparing apples and oranges here. CRs are EXACTLY the same across the board for everyone each week. Seasonal characters with various builds are not, so while it might be an inconvenience for some of you to not earn paragon above the cap, your "skills" will be unaffected. Unless you fear playing against casuals with the same amount of paragon?
Not really, I'm pretty casual.

I don't see a point in changing something like paragon if you aren't going to normalize the grift itself. layout etc.
07/04/2019 07:28 PMPosted by Phatty

I don't see a point in changing something like paragon if you aren't going to normalize the grift itself. layout etc.

Well it would shut up those posters that argue that paragon is what matters. Take that one aspect away, and you will STILL see some of the same people at the top of the leader board. And you may see some go away because they rely on Paragon to get there.

I'm open to the idea is all. Not saying it a must have or needs to be from now to the end of time. I'd go with it for a season.

We don't have to normalize everything else at all for this.

But the likely hood of this even being implemented is less than the chance I would win a large lottery, so... I wouldn't hold my breath anyway.

Game on.
Another sour post.

https://youtu.be/VrF7wNJmgVQ

Wudijo rank 1 clear 4 weeks ago at 1500s paragon GR 127

Before blaming everything on paragon, maybe look at your self and find what are your own flaws first? From your profile, your stat selection on builds reflects lack of in depth understanding of those builds.

Paragon is undeniably a core influential element in GR pushing. Caldesann Despair were put in place to narrow the gap oppose to cap it. D3 is a grinding game. All systems or incentives are set to encourage unlimited grindings 24x7. Whether through manual or automation. Its a personal choice of which mode you grind but pure bot users would not beat highly skilled manual players.

Playing high tier 4 man to obtain resources to aid solo pushing is broken to me, but it is reality and frankly speaking at this stage in D3, its not going to change. Either embrace it or leave here. Thats why us meta players takes solo rankings pinch of salt. We only push solo when extremely bored or when no one else is on to form groups.

Highly efficient bot xp is around 1.3-1.7 trillion per hour.

107_109 rat runs net 2 trillion per hour

115-117 rat runs net 4 trillion per hour

Meta 13x 4p net 2 trillion per hour

Meta 145 4p net 4+ trillion per hour

There are options to compete for pure manual players.

What you should be thinking is how you going to narrow your disadvantage (lack of grinding time) over players with 10+ hrs of grinding.

Hint: start by getting rat/meta group runs. Farm 130-140 gems for Caldesann and 150 main dps gems.

S17 players either have 150 main gems or at least 14x dps gems at this stage now.

Ns, even my zbarb wreth of lightning is 150. Tell me which bot can get you 150 augments / gems??

Paragon system is broken. Capping it wont solve the situation. Ability to obtain 150 augments sets player gap apart.

There are plenty of high paragon (6k+) garbage plebs. There are also plenty of low paragon (sub 3k) gods.

Interms of thud, there are plenty of thud pleb zbarbs, there are also plenty of zbarb gods who don't use thud. Blaming your lack of ability to an overlay is pathetic. Ask your self can you memorize / draw all open map layouts?? How many tile set do battlefield have?? Where are those pylon spots?? What class of physical collision do lickers have? What is the aggro (follow) distance difference between hulks and snakes?? What % hp do hamlin start to spawn rats?? What is the cap of perendi's adds??

The whole challenge of gr these days is to compete at the highest possible tier with lowest possible paragon. Respect is for the lowest paragon player for those tiers, not the highest paragon.

Capping paragon serves no purpose. Rather blizzard should allow top leader board clears to challange rifts. Whether solo 2/3/4
07/04/2019 07:32 PMPosted by DTMAce
07/04/2019 07:28 PMPosted by Phatty

Well it would shut up those posters that argue that paragon is what matters. Take that one aspect away, and you will STILL see some of the same people at the top of the leader board. And you may see some go away because they rely on Paragon to get there.

I'm open to the idea is all. Not saying it a must have or needs to be from now to the end of time. I'd go with it for a season.

We don't have to normalize everything else at all for this.

But the likely hood of this even being implemented is less than the chance I would win a large lottery, so... I wouldn't hold my breath anyway.

Game on.

Well, paragon does matter to some degree. The issue here is a philosophical one now.

Should someone who put hours and hours of time be placed on the same competitive platform as someone with significant less by removing some of the bonuses that they have earned?

My opinion is no.

If you want to test "skill", go play something standardized -> challenge rifts.
07/04/2019 07:49 PMPosted by celtic08
Another sour post.

Honestly, it helps to know to whom you are referring. I'm not assuming its me, but since you posted after mine, its hard to say.

And if you read my earlier post you will know that I already know that I'm not that good, and its ok.

Again, I'm not the one asking for the change.

07/04/2019 07:51 PMPosted by Phatty
Should someone who put hours and hours of time be placed on the same competitive platform as someone with significant less by removing some of the bonuses that they have earned?

Well, to be honest, they may not have to put in as many hours if the season was setup with a cap. Can't remove something that isn't there to earn in the first place.

But we all know it still requires many hours to grind for the gear, grind for the gems, etc etc.

So....

The only thing you will see happen (in my opinion) are the ones that really do lean on Paragon points to get a high spot on the leader board not do as well. Those that actually know what they are doing (again not me) are still going to stay on the top ranks regardless. So I'm not sure why there is that much opposition unless, again... There is actually fear of having a change like this for a single season?

Which actually makes me laugh.

And again, CRs are NOT the same. I'm really not sure why you keep going there.

But as I also stated in my last post, its probably all moot anyway. So why worry.

Game on.
Have not seen even one of your supposid high lev para botters