Diablo 3 Server Connection Path Question

Technical Support
I'm having some high latency past 24 hours. I ran a trace route. I play on the Americas and noticed that the American Server is located in Kansas. I'm in Texas. Trace goes from Dallas, then to the Netherlands. Is that suppose to happen before heading to Kansas? Reading the info, that alone adds around 300ms.

Thanks in advance,
Rubber-Banding in Diablo :-(
;-)
This is Netherland is down from joke's.
07/05/2019 11:04 AMPosted by Semi
I'm having some high latency past 24 hours. I ran a trace route. I play on the Americas and noticed that the American Server is located in Kansas. I'm in Texas. Trace goes from Dallas, then to the Netherlands. Is that suppose to happen before heading to Kansas? Reading the info, that alone adds around 300ms.

Thanks in advance,
Rubber-Banding in Diablo :-(
Blizzard reused some IP addresses that were registered in Europe. They are physically located in NA; don't worry.

The NA server is located in L.A., not Kansas. Why did you get Kansas? Perhaps you used a wrong IP.
07/05/2019 11:46 AMPosted by Maskraider
Blizzard reused some IP addresses that were registered in Europe. They are physically located in NA; don't worry.

The NA server is located in L.A., not Kansas. Why did you get Kansas? Perhaps you used a wrong IP.

Just here to confirm that Maskraider is correct. Netherlands is a common one that we see confusion with when a search for the IP is done. These IPs were registered there but this is not the server location.

If you could provide a WinMTR test, it can help diagnose the high latency concerns.