Dead Game?

General Discussion
So. Im curious how many people are actually still playing. I've noticed that no one barely streams d3 anymore as much as before..... Ill provide proof when its prime time later cuz rn its 4 am.

What happened?
07/01/2019 01:24 AMPosted by daddy
I've noticed that no one barely streams d3 anymore as much as before

Have you considered that might be because the game's over seven years old?
07/01/2019 01:32 AMPosted by Meteorblade

that argument is moot given league of legends is older.

heck gta 5 is only a year older...
The amount of active streamers is not a good indicator of the amount of active players.

Typically player numbers peak at the start of a season and then steadily decline until the next season starts.
07/01/2019 01:36 AMPosted by Kirottu
The amount of active streamers is not a good indicator of the amount of active players.

Typically player numbers peak at the start of a season and then steadily decline until the next season starts.

actually it is. streamers just dont stream games randomly if they want to get money off it.
https://i.gyazo.com/2779b4aefdcc0f4360af28f75ef4a79a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/8798924e749eb578abf111155c5d98a4.png

oof blizzard.
These figures say nothing about how many people play the game. Oof daddy.
These figures say nothing about how many people play the game. Oof daddy.

You right it doesn't but I think its more of a reflection. It's not an accurate representation but it reflects the state of the game to people en mass.
The number of active streamers indicates only one thing, the number of active streamers. It has no correlation to the entire active playerbase.
The number of active streamers indicate only one thing, the number of active streamers. It has no correlation to active the entire active playerbase.

Well given that we have no concrete numbers for diablo 3 active players because blizzard or Activision's afraid to show it then I used a simple way to show it.

Like I have discussed before it not an ACCURATE representation but more of a reflection.
No arguing it's a dead (or at least dying) game. There are many, MANY 5 seconds fixes that would re-invigorate the game. However, the RMAH is done, D3 sales is done, RotN is over...Blizzard made all the money they are going to make. While I question why they never added microtransactions, their interest in supporting the game further is basically nil.

They are throwing everything into Diablo 4. I just hope they have better, or at least more experienced (and passionate) devs for 4.
07/01/2019 02:08 AMPosted by Venaliter
No arguing it's a dead (or at least dying) game. There are many, MANY 5 seconds fixes that would re-invigorate the game. However, the RMAH is done, D3 sales is done, RotN is over...Blizzard made all the money they are going to make. While I question why they never added microtransactions, their interest in supporting the game further is basically nil.

They are throwing everything into Diablo 4. I just hope they have better, or at least more experienced (and passionate) devs for 4.

I don't think they can make great changes to the game's core without re-writting it.

at it's core i think it the game developer just didn't try that hard? I guess...
... their interest in supporting the game further is basically nil.

That doesn't correlate well with the fact that there is a dedicated classic games group maintaning the game and providing updates roughly every three months.
07/01/2019 02:16 AMPosted by Jazz
... their interest in supporting the game further is basically nil.

That doesn't correlate well with the fact that there is a dedicated classic games group maintaning the game and providing updates roughly every three months.

Probably by 2-3 people. lol

Jokes aside, it's more of a bandaid support to save face.
07/01/2019 01:32 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Have you considered that might be because players like you which negate every idea to renew the game and make fun from others ? Oh hell i think so. If i were dev i would too abandon players like you.
07/01/2019 02:30 AMPosted by PardalBR
Have you considered that might be because players like you which negate every idea to renew the game and make fun from others ?

When people come up with good ideas, I support and up-vote them. As an example, I've put many up-votes on the recent Barbarian buff thread. The reason I don't support your ideas is because I've never seen you suggest a good one.

If you want more support, come up with better ideas.
07/01/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Meteorblade
When people come up with good ideas, I support and up-vote them. As an example, I've put many up-votes on the recent Barbarian buff thread. The reason I don't support your ideas is because I've never seen you suggest a good one.

I like his response more than yours given yours was dimwitted.

How can you ever think that age of the game can affect the games status as GOAT?

Fun fact, Hearthstone is older than diablo 3
Path of exile is a year older, but still going strong.
07/01/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I like his response more than yours given yours was dimwitted.

How can you ever think that age of the game can affect the games status as GOAT?

Fun fact, Hearthstone is older than diablo 3 so is Path of exile.

Its all the diablo3ers have left as a defense for a game that is no longer as active as it once was.... OH BUT ITS OLD