Dead Game?

General Discussion
Its all the diablo3ers have left as a defense for a game that is no longer as active as it once was.... OH BUT ITS OLD

Correction on that one, Path of exile is just older by a year.
07/01/2019 02:12 AMPosted by daddy
07/01/2019 02:08 AMPosted by Venaliter
No arguing it's a dead (or at least dying) game. There are many, MANY 5 seconds fixes that would re-invigorate the game.

I don't think they can make great changes to the game's core without re-writting it.

at it's core i think it the game developer just didn't try that hard? I guess...

Sure there is. They could tweak things like Rimeheart, Up underperforming spets, at least adjust the power level of affixes that just fell behind the times (Such as Serpent Sparker) and Leoric's signit (could do the same thing as helm.) that would take 2 minutes to do. In a month, they would have a completely fresh game.

Even minor things like adding a pair of defensive bracers for Necromancers, or making Speed pylons increase progress rate, and all Primals to be used in a new cube recipe would be huge changes that wouldn't take much effort.
07/01/2019 02:16 AMPosted by Jazz
That doesn't correlate well with the fact that there is a dedicated classic games group maintaning the game and providing updates roughly every three months.

Probably by 2-3 people. lol

Jokes aside, it's more of a bandaid support to save face.

Plus the cost, however small, of maintaining and developing this website for you to try to show off in.

Probably by 2-3 people. lol

Jokes aside, it's more of a bandaid support to save face.

Plus the cost, however small, of maintaining and developing this website for you to try to show off in.

I dont think the cost is that much given that warcraft 3 and diablo 2 websites are still up I think?
Diablo III has been relegated to "Classic Game" status. This means other than periodic updates and fixes/patches, they actually are not obligated to do anything more...ALSO...
After the last Blizz Con, with the "Don't you have a phone?" fiasco that they may never live down due to ignoring every player on a computer and console; it seems at least 50% of the community has found another form of entertainment...ALSO...

Even a lot of the players that they named some elites after, they have lost in the process.
These are but a few of the surmounting reasons.
07/01/2019 03:31 AMPosted by Bassdude
Diablo III has been relegated to "Classic Game" status. This means other than periodic updates and fixes/patches, they actually are not obligated to do anything more...ALSO...
After the last Blizz Con, with the "Don't you have a phone?" fiasco that they may never live down due to ignoring every player on a computer and console; it seems at least 50% of the community has found another form of entertainment...ALSO...

Even a lot of the players that they named some elites after, they have lost in the process.
These are but a few of the surmounting reasons.

That's why i said just bandaid fixes
Maybe you need a mental bandaid. You bought Diablo, RoS. Necro dlc and you have a season hero. Blizzard loves you even if the love isn't mutual.
This season ended after getting the stash.
Next seasons will be no different
07/01/2019 05:15 AMPosted by Astig
This season ended after getting the stash.
Next seasons will be no different

You didn't get the wings?
07/01/2019 05:02 AMPosted by Jazz
Maybe you need a mental bandaid. You bought Diablo, RoS. Necro dlc and you have a season hero. Blizzard loves you even if the love isn't mutual.

the tile of this thread isnt " I hate the game"

but then again ill let you catch on
07/01/2019 02:42 AMPosted by daddy
Fun fact, Hearthstone is older than diablo 3
Path of exile is a year older, but still going strong.

O.o?

Diablo 3 released in May 2012
PoE release October 2013
Hearthstone released in March 2014 (announced in 2013)

Not sure how or why you think PoE or HS are older than D3. Reality is you don't have any factual numbers about D3, especially across platforms. It IS an older game. Numbers always jump up at Season start or patch release and taper off again. Sort of like the cycle of life. It is almost as if people play multiple games just like they watch multiple shows or enjoy multiple hobbies. Nothing wrong with that.

Dead games are ones in which the publisher has shut down the servers and turned out the lights.

Edit for spelling. Have not had coffee yet.
07/01/2019 05:48 AMPosted by daddy
07/01/2019 05:02 AMPosted by Jazz

the tile of this thread isnt " I hate the game"

but then again ill let you catch on

I think you're still far behind. Also proven by MissCheetah.
The number of streams is not necessarily an indication of how many active players the game has.

However, blizzard fanboys would have you believe, that the game has a healthy player base, when I am pretty sure most people quit long time ago.

Blizzard are deliberately hiding the numbers of active players on their games. The reason is, the quality of Blizzard games is much worse than it was... say 10 years ago.

A week or two ago I had the experience of opening a game to public for regular rifts (EU PC) and waiting for like half an hour before someone joins. Many times I attempt to join a public game for regular rifts, then wait for 30 seconds and then I automatically host...

If you wanna play a looter with many active players, go play PoE or Warframe.
07/01/2019 05:49 AMPosted by MissCheetah
07/01/2019 02:42 AMPosted by daddy
Fun fact, Hearthstone is older than diablo 3
Path of exile is a year older, but still going strong.

O.o?

Diablo 3 released in May 2012
PoE release October 2013
Hearthstone released in March 2014 (announced in 2013)

Not sure how or why you think PoE or HS are older than D3. Reality is you don't have any factual numbers about D3, especially across platforms. It IS an older game. Numbers always jump up at Season start or patch release and taper off again. Sort of like the cycle of life. It is almost as if people play multiple games just like they watch multiple shows or enjoy multiple hobbies. Nothing wrong with that.

Dead games are ones in which the publisher has shut down the servers and turned out the lights.

Edit for spelling. Have not had coffee yet.

oof my bad on the heathstone thing.

On path of exile i mean diablo 3 is a year older not vice versa woops
PoE release October 2013

PoE had a beta back in 2011, a month or two after D3's beta started.
Sure, D3 is slightly older, but PoE has a much healthier player base.
Reality is you don't have any factual numbers about D3

Because Blizzard deliberately hide the numbers of their active players.
However, the moment you host a game for regular rifts and wait half an hour for people to join is the moment you can easily conclude, that the player base is not healthy.

You can also get some indications from leader boards. Back during the first big ban waves back in 2016, I ended up on the ladder when I shouldn't have. I had played just a bit after completing my seasonal journey and I wasn't competing for a spot.

Even if they wanted to shut down the game, it would hurt their reputation beyond repair.

Also, pretty sure they have the means to shift server capacity to whichever game demands more. Back at the pre-Legion expansion event for WoW (where the Burning Legion were invading Azeroth with some spaceships) the Diablo servers were lagging, so I would assume they are using virtualization. If that's the case, Diablo servers running costs them nothing.
Even if it somehow does, the costs are being covered by their other games. Again, shutting down this game (as crappy as it is) would hurt their rep beyond repair.
07/01/2019 06:10 AMPosted by daddy
oof my bad on the heathstone thing. On path of exile i mean diablo 3 is a year older not vice versa woops

Which all could have been avoided if you would research what you're saying is a fact.
Sure, D3 is slightly older, but PoE has a much healthier player base.

Which is not relevant in the correction of the "facts" Daddy listed.
However, the moment you host a game for regular rifts and wait half an hour for people to join is the moment you can easily conclude, that the player base is not healthy.

So you have dismissed every private game being played. You have based your entire statement off of public games only. Also, if you're not finding a rift groups after 30 minutes, you're doing something wrong like playing in an off popular difficulty.
You can also get some indications from leader boards. Back during the first big ban waves back in 2016, I ended up on the ladder when I shouldn't have.

What does this have to do with factual numbers of any kind? Landing on the leaderboards after a ban wave only means there were enough players banned to get you on the boards.
07/01/2019 06:22 AMPosted by ElobaCarcen
Even if it somehow does, the costs are being covered by their other games.

They are not robbing Peter to pay Paul. Your last paragraph is all speculation and assumptions on your part.
07/01/2019 06:26 AMPosted by Grumm
07/01/2019 06:10 AMPosted by daddy
oof my bad on the heathstone thing. On path of exile i mean diablo 3 is a year older not vice versa woops

Which all could have been avoided if you would research what you're saying is a fact.

If i am wrong i will admit it, like i have shown
07/01/2019 06:31 AMPosted by daddy
If i am wrong i will admit it, like i have shown

You made a big play about basing all your arguments on facts. Now we see that your "facts" weren't true. Does this also mean that you will admit your arguments based upon them are also wrong?
How is the game dead, I was running GRs, vaults and cow levels with a bunch of players the other night, was I dreaming that? If the game is dead why do I always see new players? Rhykker, Leviathan, BigDaddyDen76, Bluddshed, Lord Fluffy all stream, I am not sure what the OP is talking about.
07/01/2019 09:11 AMPosted by Avalon
How is the game dead, I was running GRs, vaults and cow levels with a bunch of players the other night, was I dreaming that? If the game is dead why do I always see new players?

Eggzactilly.

There's even new players that come to the forums with "Is the game too easy?" threads about every couple of weeks.

And every couple of weeks we have to explain that campaign is just a tutorial and the game doesn't really begin until you reach level 70 which is why leveling is so trivial that you can either ask for a power level or level yourself in about an hour maybe less if you watch the right youtube videos.

But yeah, the games dead and we're all just imagining the constant requests for power levels and gear sharing in general chat even this late in the season.