Sin War

Lore and Story
I've just picked up the first of the Sin War books. So far so good - I'm trying to get in the full story before D3 comes out. I never really paid attention to D1/D2's story line in depth, so I might have to re-play them.

So far book #1 is pretty good. I'm following the chronology that I found listed in the link below.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Chronology_of_Novels
I have the first two, gotta find the last one though.
I haven't gone through all of these books yet, or Wikis, but how true to the game story line do these books go? Are they written by Blizzard or are they other writers creating stories within the line laid out by Blizzard?
08/24/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Brimn
I haven't gone through all of these books yet, or Wikis, but how true to the game story line do these books go? Are they written by Blizzard or are they other writers creating stories within the line laid out by Blizzard?

Bets us how much the full extent of the Sin War novels carry onward in Diablo III. But the name "Triune" have appeared in multiple D3 artwork. (e.g. Triune Cultist, Triune Blood/Death Guard, Triune Vessels) The Dark Cultists probably of this returning faction but they now more openly expressing their devotion to Hell. Oh, BTW that demon in the monk trailer a "Morlu Caster". Remember the Morlu?

But umm... the Sin War trilogy by the author, Richard A. Knaak indeed part of Blizzard's Diablo literature franchise. Any novel to see in the wikias or Blizzard Store (WOW, SC, D) are authorized Expanded Universe material by hired authors.

No author have free reign in leaping into a IP free to do whatever they wish to write without permission. They have to abide to the book publishers, Blizzard's policies etc.
The Sin War has been stated to be the most canonical. I loved it also. A little slow starting out in my opinion but by the end of the first book it was full steam ahead until I had plowed through the second and third.
What types of demons do you get to read about in these novels?
08/25/2011 09:37 AMPosted by SpaceNiples
What types of demons do you get to read about in these novels?
That would ruin half the fun but most of the higher tier of demons, except I don't think there's a lot about Baal.
The Sin War trilogy is going to be the most important of the books to D3's story. I highly recommend The Kingdom of Shadow and the Moon of the Spider, they are by far my favorites of the Diablo books.
Yeah, I enjoyed all of the books when I read through them, which is why I included it as part of the Worldstone Keep Podcast. If any of you want a summary of each of the books, I've basically worked through all but (About to finish the kingdom of shadow), The moon of the spider, and Demon's Bane. My personal favorite was the kingdom of shadow :-D.

http://theworldstonekeep.wordpress.com/
Best "Book" on the Sin War I've read was the D1 Manual.
I just picked up the first Sin War book last night and I'm about two-thirds of the way through it. It's pretty interesting so far and I'd continue reading but, unfortunately, I have work to finish. I'll chime in later when I get around to reading the rest of it.