Sharing HC loot with your own chars

Items and Crafting
Since it was announced that you could throw any items into your stash and then log onto another player and have access to them, I was wondering if the same would apply to Hardcore so that you could potentially give yourself a leg up when creating a new char, or maybe this wouldn't be allowed to keep it more hardcore.
If there is any chance it gets implemented, it will surely get limited to HC to Hc
i think this would kind of ruin the hardcore ladder if it worked that way.
Well, while I agree, they said there would be an AH for Hardcore players. So in other words, shared Stash should be the least of your problem.
Blizzard has announced that there will be a gold only auction house for hardcore players, so there will undoubtedly be a hardcore specific item transfer system as well.
08/24/2011 11:24 AMPosted by ravenwebb
i think this would kind of ruin the hardcore ladder if it worked that way.
There is no ladder.

Most likely hardcore will be separate from normal. (softcore is a stupid term coined by elitists.)
I guess hardcore item will only be usable by hardcore characters.

08/24/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Protract
There is no ladder.

You sure about that ? What about pvp ?
There is no ladder and as for PvP they don't want it to be e-sportsy at all so the ladder is out there. There will be some sort of progression based ranking system, but I don't think that is taking the form of a traditional ladder from the talk we have heard.

Anyway, this is a very good question. No longer does your stash go when you die, so it takes away a lot of the sting of losing a hardcore character when you can pack in a lot of the value inherent in your character away.

Although, the most value will be in the equipped gear and runes.
Having a shared stash between HC characters only seems like a good idea..the reason that they chose to have a shared stash was to stop mulling, so if the HC characters don't have a shared staff someone can just create a mule HC character. Though you can't trade or have a shared stash between HC and SC if thats what you meant.
we have shared storage.....why you need to throw item on the ground and use another character to pick it up?
you will not buy/sell item for real world currency in hardcore.

imagine, spending 300 dollars on a character and dying 5 minutes later, yes, it's your own damn fault and you deserve it. But then again, I don't think Blizzard wants to deal with those kind of complaints.
i think is a pretty good idea.
08/24/2011 05:55 PMPosted by ThorIsHere
Anyway, this is a very good question. No longer does your stash go when you die, so it takes away a lot of the sting of losing a hardcore character when you can pack in a lot of the value inherent in your character away.

This. Obviously you would keep your armor and weps on, but why risk losing anything else if you could stash it all before a boss fight just in case you died.
08/25/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Shred

This. Obviously you would keep your armor and weps on, but why risk losing anything else if you could stash it all before a boss fight just in case you died.

I read on one of the blue posts that all items FOUND by your HC character are removed when they die. I am assuming this was just a wording fail, as people that you have traded shouldn't lose their items if you die. Perhaps it will remove them if they are still in your shared stash?
that would be weak as !@#$ if i died and all the people i traded lost their items which caused them to dies causing all the people they traded with to lose items causing a vicious circle killing every hardcore character
08/25/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Smeggles

I read on one of the blue posts that all items FOUND by your HC character are removed when they die. I am assuming this was just a wording fail, as people that you have traded shouldn't lose their items if you die. Perhaps it will remove them if they are still in your shared stash?

i don't see how this is any different than muling items in d2

if you have muled all your spare items off to other chars, you only lose what you are wearing / have in the inventory of dead char.
lol...