Beta Invites have started.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 14 Next
08/27/2011 10:36 PMPosted by rhamutap
Do you have the August 30th deadline to get back with Blizzard as well?

29th for us, actually.
It can happen, isn't the beta already done? I remember the fan site event, thought they said that was the beta. Blizz could've sent out a press kit with beta, companies send out product samples all the time before public announcements, I would assume this isn't any different. Can't wait for the beta!!
may i get a diablo3 beta key???
trololll91@hotmail.com
shoot in 2007 i made a couple diablo 2 websites :P never went anywhere though.
We have begun early media and fansite outreach in preparation for the upcoming Diablo III beta test. The email they are receiving clearly states that we do not have a date to announce for the start of the beta test.

You do have a date, you just won't announce it. There is absolutely no way that you are this close to starting the beta and haven't set a date. No way!

At this point, not having a date either means 1) you are still working on serious changes... which wouldn't be the case! Or 2) you don't have a release date because you arn't confident in the people setting up your server... which is also not the case!

Therefore stop saying you don't have a date, and just spit it out. I know you wanna be all sly about the release of D3 beta and just let it happen without any prenotification, but this has come to the point of cruelty! You are honestly being cruel to the fans which made you. I know you will not think that way because of all that you have given... but, WE HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!

Best. Post. Ever.

Kudos, sir.

Hokay, I know I said earlier in this thread that I wasn't sure if this was real or fake and what not. However, myself, Force, and ScyberDragon (also from DiabloFans and our DiabloCast) just received invites. That in mind, fansite invites are going out, so if you run a major fansite, you may be receiving one. If you do not run a major fansite and do not work for a press website, do not click anything that says D3 Beta!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy for invites starting
08/28/2011 01:32 AMPosted by Zohaib
So does that mean that Sixen and the rest of the press are able to play the beta now? Or they just have a key? Are they able to download the beta yet?

From what I read they just got their invites early however, they are not able to play it just yet. Blizz is just doing the right thing by letting the entire fanbase get a first look(Fan sites) at beta wether or not they are in the first wave. As soon as any beta stuff starts the fan sites will be there.

At least, that just seems like what they are trying to accomplish. I could be wrong of course.
i preordered diablo. do i get a beta invite?
le sigh... Hopefully this beta will be different for me... I have never been accepted into any beta.

In fact, no one in real life I know has been accepted into any Blizzard betas... Maybe you guys just hate Kansas and don't give anyone from here betas? :-<
i wants a beta key NOW!!! meh =/
i want to be in!

Release it!
/jealous
08/28/2011 01:32 AMPosted by Zohaib
So does that mean that Sixen and the rest of the press are able to play the beta now? Or they just have a key? Are they able to download the beta yet?

Starcraft 2 fansite invites went out 3-4 weeks before beta began.

So we could still look at an end of September beta release.
Hopefully the 29th, and 30th deadlines for those that have got the Beta Keys already means that, perhaps those are the dates Blizzard wants to start releasing them to the public?

If so tomorrow or Tuesday we should start receiving keys.
Hopefully the 29th, and 30th deadlines for those that have got the Beta Keys already means that, perhaps those are the dates Blizzard wants to start releasing them to the public?

If so tomorrow or Tuesday we should start receiving keys.

Thats actually an interesting theory...Makes pretty good sense. We are probably just getting our hopes up, but them having a solid deadline definitely makes it seem that way.
IF that be the case, im thinking beta starts labor day (sept 5th) or an announcement on labor day of a date for beta to begin!
Well September 1st Blizzard having Conference for their business. go to activision / blizzard webiste to listen in on conference.
Who's jelly of my beta key?
As tweeted by Official @Diablo updates from Blizzard Entertainment. (Hello my friend. Stay awhile, and listen...)

Can be found here-
http://twitter.com/#!/Diablo

7 hours ago from the date and time of 08/29/11 5:54 am E.S.T

"@sonicorp We said we're shooting to have beta begin something third quarter, and we still have until September 30 to hit that. :)"

Not trying to troll or devalue any posts. But I feel like its important we have correct up to date information on the release dates.

Also good to know
http://twitter.com/#!/BlizzCon/following
for correct dates and the most up to date Blizzard information.