Beta Invites have started.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
08/26/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Myth
While we appreciate the interest in the beta test, we’d like to take this opportunity to caution everyone of potential phishing attempts or scams. Emails from Blizzard Entertainment will NEVER ask you for your password, and if you are selected for participation in the beta test, you won’t need to click any links in any corresponding email that you’d receive from us.

Soooo...I didn't win the Diablo 3 lottery? Again?

Dang it!

They are just sending this email to media. This does NOT include everyone that will get in to the first wave.
Soooo...I didn't win the Diablo 3 lottery? Again?

Dang it!

I'm not sure how you can judge since invites are done in waves.

I didn't get into the Sc2 beta until 2 weeks after it started.

Excuse my use of modern forum slang; lol Wut?

I think you misinterpreted my witty response. It was in reference to all the awesome email spam claiming you won the Microsoft/England/Canadian Lottery, for the fifth time today. Hence the Beta Invite I got claiming I got into beta for the third time today is bogus and I should not click the link requesting my credit card number for a small $199.99 processing fee.

Although I was tempted.

THIS

-I'll take either a Beta Key or a 24/7 Live stream from a Beta tester with a sidebar chat so we can tell them how sexy they are with the Beta.

"Now, shoot that skeleton with your lazer beam, open your inventory again... nice, show me somemore skill switching... awesome"
Now put the boots of travelling in your hat slot.

"Now, shoot that skeleton with your lazer beam, open your inventory again... nice, show me somemore skill switching... awesome"
Now put the boots of travelling in your hat slot.

Oh yea, we're supposed to be looking for bugs....

I'm not sure how you can judge since invites are done in waves.

I didn't get into the Sc2 beta until 2 weeks after it started.

Excuse my use of modern forum slang; lol Wut?

I think you misinterpreted my witty response. It was in reference to all the awesome email spam claiming you won the Microsoft/England/Canadian Lottery, for the fifth time today. Hence the Beta Invite I got claiming I got into beta for the third time today is bogus and I should not click the link requesting my credit card number for a small $199.99 processing fee.

Although I was tempted.

Oh I see. Had no idea that's what it was directed towards.

I just remember the Sc2 beta, and people whining about not getting into it because they didn't get in the first wave.
08/26/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Bashiok
We have begun early media and fansite outreach

'Outreach', Bash? Seriously? Dude, you're far too cool for marketing buzzwords.
The email they are receiving clearly states that we do not have a date to announce for the start of the beta test.

They are trolling not fans but the press now lol
08/26/2011 01:13 PMPosted by Lomak
We have begun early media and fansite outreach in preparation for the upcoming Diablo III beta test. The email they are receiving clearly states that we do not have a date to announce for the start of the beta test.

All this teasing and my balls have become the color of your text.

That is a glorious blue. I would show those puppies off. Maybe you'll get in beta.
We have begun early media and fansite outreach

Translation: Blizzard has entered 'Pimp' mode.
IF they've started rolling them out! I WANT ONE!
full stop! blue post on EU forum is even less optimistic

any emails we have sent out about the beta to fansites and the media are merely to ensure they are aware of its approach.
ANytime now
when and where???
08/26/2011 11:11 AMPosted by HiKids
Agreed... ludicrous what people are willing to pay for it...

The beta keys should be tied to a Bnet account so i cant see too many being up for sale ( unless people are willing to sell their B.net profiles with all their games included)

the emails going out i believe are more of a notification, letting players know to check their profile.

Yeah, they should go this route. I'm sure they will.
Would be cool if they start sending the fan beta-keys too already. Would be nice to get them before the client goes live to download just so we can be expecting :D
If Blizzard entered the adult industry and paid their adult film stars with betas, I can't say I wouldn't be willing to step up to that role call..