Volcano in D3?

General Discussion
Can't help but notice the new forum's background. On the left there is a volcano.
What part of the map is that?
not sure but the background sorta reminds me of lord of the rings!

think of the demons like uruk-hai on steroids or a variation on the LoTR trolls, the mountain is Mt Doom, and that dragon in the sky is a fell beast!!!

totally works.
Can't help but notice the new forum's background. On the left there is a volcano.What part of the map is that?

The only volcano I know of is in the kurast jungle area it was a small part in diablo sin wars book scales of the serpent if im not mistaken or at the end of birthright. It was only talk about as a land mark nothing more.
I thought it was the former Mt. Arreat, but now I am doubting myself. I'd love to see a blue confirm or deny.
maybe thats the area where the world stone shattered?
i would like to see some kind of fiery dragon in diablo 3, i am sure they got some of those down there in hell somewhere.
Could be Mt. Arreat.

There is to similar pieces of artwork that is presumably of Mt. Arreat exploding(?) and then a hellfire crater.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/artwork/?keywords=&view#/artwork-0040

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/artwork/?keywords=&view#/artwork-0036

Looks similar to the background.
It's the remains of Mt. Arreat. Spewing out hellspawn.
not sure but the background sorta reminds me of lord of the rings!

think of the demons like uruk-hai on steroids or a variation on the LoTR trolls, the mountain is Mt Doom, and that dragon in the sky is a fell beast!!!

totally works.

I did think exactly the same thing too.

But for Mt Arreat? Not really sure on that. Would be more interesting if that was not the place.
Its the remains of Mount Arreat after the Worldstone's explosion, the Arreat Crater. Just from another prospective, ground-wise verses what we've seen from the Cinematic Trailer. Though we don't know whats happen to the region, but when comparing to two maps of Sanctuary (D2/LOD and D3) Mt. Arreat and Arreat Crater are in the same (mountainous) location.