BETA Offical quote from Japanese B.NET Site!

General Discussion
08/25/2011 02:48 PMPosted by Shane
You realize they could have beta invites sent out in waves right :P .... it could start 2 weeks before that and the 16th pic contest could just be a wave of invites :) ..... everything is speculation until the official announcement.

For the record that is Official its from the B.net site... Plus the contest ends on the 16th (which that date wasn't given on any other site other than Japan, and in Japanese) Why would they hold a contest and give the keys out after free beta signup keys launch? That would not make sense, they would give the keys out before they give out signup keys because that would make the possibility of giving 2 keys to a winner of the contest. So therefore This is likely the date in which the beta is going to be launched so they can confirm only 1 key is given to the winner of the contest. Obviously the beta is going launch right after as a result of the contest ending, because the winner will be in the beta. Why would they give a beta key to someone without the beta being ready? Think about it this is our date, you can fight it all you want but on September 16th there will be people playing the beta.

Just because you won a key doesn't mean you are going to get it right away. That date is not official of anything except a deadline for the end of the contest. The free signup keys may not be handed out by then. As for reasons as to why they would give these keys away after the free signup ones, it's simple; to give players who didn't get an invite a chance.
you should be permanently banned, that's in direct violation of the blizzard terms of use!!!

Rule # 785 - Do not make Beardasaurus soil his pants and almost cry.
you should be permanently banned, that's in direct violation of the blizzard terms of use!!!

Rule # 785 - Do not make Beardasaurus soil his pants and almost cry.

LOL. That's ok on my way to work with my mom in law last week she's talking about she got an email about diablo 3 beta access and I was like WHAAAA your computer is a piece of junk what the heck?!?! Then I realized she was saying it was an ingame mail in WoW lol (in my defense I was half-asleep) and I told her it was a scam but I felt trololol'd lol.
Your mother in law sounds amazing.
Sep. 16th + two weeks to evaluate entries = Sep 30th...
08/25/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Apples
Sep. 16th + two weeks to evaluate entries = Sep 30th...

haha hilarious that would prolly be blizzards style
There's a japanese b.net?
From what I understand, I think the 16th is the date Blizzard are aiming for to get the Beta out to testers. Of course that could change at any point but that is the target.

Elly
----------------------------
http://diablo.incgamers.com
The Unofficial Site Since 1997
There is a Japanese BNET? Link plz
if you link me the Chinese one I will personally end you.