D3 naming suggestion

General Discussion
I was unable to find a suggestion section so I figured, hey why not post here?

After playing WoW for so long, making new characters is a huge problem, all the names are taken. I spent up to an hour trying to find a good name.

I'm unsure of how the current name system works, but basically I would like to suggest having one character name per account. When you switch between characters its still the same name. Sure this would cut down on anonymity, however it still doesn't reveal the real name of the person playing. In my opinion the pro's outweigh the cons though. New players years down the road may still be able to get some names easily. If the first thing you do when entering the game is picking a character name and you can't find one without typing in a random assortment of letters without playing, it can be an issue.
The Diablo 3 naming system currently works in the same fashion as StarCraft 2. You have a name and a number, so many people may have the same name. Thus the pro of new players still having names available is nullified. I would much prefer to have many characters, as I feel like a Barbarian should have a barbaric name, while a Wizard ought to be sorcerous.
08/25/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Wildcard
If the first thing you do when entering the game is picking a character name and you can't find one without typing in a random assortment of letters without playing, it can be an issue.

I think that's a little overkill. I've played on even the fullest servers and still managed to find a name I liked without resorting to jumbled characters or "XxX[insert name here]XxX" tags.

Your solution works for RTS games, but I'm not sure it fits the RPG genre.
Remember when LOTR was hot?

xXxLegoslasxXx