Better to have played and waited, or to have

General Discussion
...never played at all?

I have played Diablo ]I[ for 160 minutes in the past 4 years (60m @ BlizzCon '08, 40m @ '09 & 60m @ '10... Would've been more, but the lines are beyond brutal).

So, I ask you. Would you have rather gotten just the most fleeting taste and langished in the absence thereof, or to have never known it's sweet caress?
08/26/2011 03:04 PMPosted by Wulf
just the most fleeting taste and langished in the absence thereof, or to have never known it's sweet caress?

..creeeeeeppppyyyy....
08/26/2011 03:07 PMPosted by Valael
just the most fleeting taste and langished in the absence thereof, or to have never known it's sweet caress?

..creeeeeeppppyyyy....

Thank you... I aim to unnerve... :P Or, perhaps, to remain in keeping with the source material from which the thread's title was conjured.
i have never tried D3 yet and to be honest, i dunno what to tell you lol.

but what is your opinion of D3 so far since you have played it?
08/26/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Wulf

..creeeeeeppppyyyy....

Thank you... I aim to unnerve... :P Or, perhaps, to remain in keeping with the source material from which the thread's title was conjured.

<.< I'm sure Baal would love to wrap you in his sweet caress....

Anyway, imho, I prefer waiting for stuff to be launched to be able to play, rather than having little tastes.
08/26/2011 03:19 PMPosted by QTsTiduZ
give us all the juicy details

Admittedly, with the limited time I had with it, and only having seen small bits of areas, my experience is rather narrow.

However, from what I saw in '08, they could've released it then with how polished it was, how smooth the animations were, how detailed the environments, how the control just flowed and how much it played like the Diablo we know and love.

Again, noting that I only saw a small part, but what I did see was exceptional.

It just got better each year.

Playing the Demon Hunter last year was the most fun I'd had yet, though. They had a scripted portion of a dungeon with story elements, and it was a fantastic experience.
When I get my hands on D3 I want to take my time with it. I want to explore everything and make sure I didn't miss anything they've worked so hard to put into the game. I couldn't stand only being able to play for ~60m.

Even on a demo. When this thing goes live (or if I'm lucky enough to get into the beta), I'm going to play the crap out of it.
When I get my hands on D3 I want to take my time with it. I want to explore everything and make sure I didn't miss anything they've worked so hard to put into the game. I couldn't stand only being able to play for ~60m.

Even on a demo. When this thing goes live (or if I'm lucky enough to get into the beta), I'm going to play the crap out of it.

60m in 20 minute chunks, separated by an hour+ of line time....

I agree, but I took what I could get...
You know, ever since that creepy opener I can't help but read everything in this thread with a perverted eye. -.- Thank you Wulf.
I'm jealous as all hell. Living in Australia I don't really get opportunities to try out games before they're released. I just get to watch poor quality videos of other people playing the games.

I can't even try to at least win a ticket to Blizzcon because the people from my state aren't permitted to enter (not that I could afford to fly over there anyway) :(

So I have no idea what it's like to have had a real taste. But given my addiction to the gameplay videos and other morsels I have access to, I'm pretty sure I'd spend a week or two suffering agonising withdrawals after playing a demo.

So my vote is for "never played at all", dammit.
08/26/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Valael
You know, ever since that creepy opener I can't help but read everything in this thread with a perverted eye. -.- Thank you Wulf.

I'm starting to get the inclination that this isn't necessarily my doing, and may well be a character trait of yours.... ;-)
08/26/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Wulf

I'm starting to get the inclination that this isn't necessarily my doing, and may well be a character trait of yours.... ;-)

Actually it is. My mind very easily goes into the gutter and I rather like it there, it makes for very amusing conversations when people have no idea what the heck kind of image is going on in my mind from what they said.

I admit it. I am a chickie with a gutter brain.
I played it a little bit at Blizzcon '10 as well, and i'm glad i did. I probably wouldn't be nearly as excited if i hadn't. Even with only one full 20 min session, and about 8 or so minutes. (one of the guys snuck me in cuz i was just watching from the exit side, and someone got up)
And yea, the lines were effing brutal. I think the only line worse was the loot card line. Basically it was like 45 mins from the time the doors opened, and by noon it was 2+ hours to play 20 mins.
I played it a little bit at Blizzcon '10 as well, and i'm glad i did. I probably wouldn't be nearly as excited if i hadn't. Even with only one full 20 min session, and about 8 or so minutes. (one of the guys snuck me in cuz i was just watching from the exit side, and someone got up)
And yea, the lines were effing brutal. I think the only line worse was the loot card line. Basically it was like 45 mins from the time the doors opened, and by noon it was 2+ hours to play 20 mins.

It's kind of funny how few people actually filled out the survey at the end, which was was one the primary reasons for having the game stations out there.

In '09, there was this Blizzard employee who was just kind of hanging around the the survey stations who came up to my wife and I after we'd finished giving our feedback and asked if we wanted a signed Diablo 3 poster. He had this thick roll of them, as if he'd not given away many of them.

Is that even a question?

Earlier in the day, I'd won one of the sweet Worgen keyart posters with everyone's signature on it, but they were printed reproductions... I figured this was going to be the same deal... Cool, nonetheless.

Get it back to the Hilton, unroll it, and the damn thing's hand-signed by the entire team.

It pays to give a little back.
They weren't giving stuff like that away for doing feedback in 2010, cuz we filled out all the feedbacks. D3, and both of the SC2 mods we played. I didn't do the left 4 dead one or that stupid (sorry devs) chef one (which was empty most of the weekend)

Played a fair bit of Starjeweled, and did SC2 dota a couple times, both were cool.

My son REALLY wanted one of the posters from the SC2 competition spot, but neither of us is all that good at it. That poster was sweet, and if you got one early enough you could get it signed by the artist over in the artist area too. Sucks...i know a few Blizz employees and THEY can't even get us one of those posters =P