Just wondering...

General Discussion
...how many of you went out of your way to collect every waypoint in every difficulty on every character you played in D2?

I know I always did. I guess I am a completionist. Anyone else with me on this?

i have OCD but im not that OCD
i did sometimes. but most of the time no.
Even though there was damn near no reason to do it, I still collected them. I mean there's a completionist, and then there's me. I was doing this LONG after I had explored every nook and cranny of the game. Come to think of it, I have no idea why I was collecting them. The Great Marsh comes to mind... most useless dead-end area ever. At least when they made ubers, they gave some incentive to go to those seldom visited areas again to collect ingredients and such, but still was lacking.

At least in Diablo 3, they're supposedly going to be making all areas feasible to farm, so that we won't end up having Baal/Chaos/Cow Runs again, so this will give me incentive to get all the checkpoints/waypoints (whatever system they're using), and then in Inferno difficulty, I can randomly choose to visit any area I feel like running :)
I did.
im with you there, i did.
Always. This is why I have to solo D3 when it firsts comes out. ^_^
...how many of you went out of your way to collect every waypoint in every difficulty on every character you played in D2?

I know I always did. I guess I am a completionist. Anyone else with me on this?

I did, too.
I did as well. It was kind of a progression feeling for me; my toon grew in power via items, skills, etc but also was a 'world traveler' of some sort. Kind of like when you were a kid talking about places that you've been to, my toon could say 'Heck yeah, i've been to the Great Marsh, here's a TP if ya ever need to go out there."
I did for Hell, but for Normal~Nightmare, I only got the ones required for rushing.. Which was pretty easy if the person rushing you doesn't mind using a few TP's so you can get WP's.
I did it for Normal and Nightmare, but when I got to hell, I pretty much gave up going out of my way to get one little waypoint that I would probably never use.
08/27/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Jeck
I did for Hell, but for Normal~Nightmare, I only got the ones required for rushing.. Which was pretty easy if the person rushing you doesn't mind using a few TP's so you can get WP's.

I think he maybe was talking about the pre-rushing days..you know..when D2 first came out and people actually did every quest available the first time around.

I went into every cave & got every waypoint the first time through. Thereafter I'd only get the useful ones that I thought a friend might need.
yup..

completionist here as well. not only that.. pack rat! :) but then most of my characters were HC so taking time to get the WP's and look for better upgrades kinda went hand in hand.

sos..
good luck with your invite!
fu.