Hardcore + Hostile = Win

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Not sure what to do with Arenas in Hardcore mode Blizzard?

Easy, nothing. Do not add it at all.

Not sure how to approach PvP for Hardcore?

Easy, implement Hostile. Warn characters upon creation of the feature and then get back to making a (hopefully) great game.

In the end, everyone is happy. Carebears can play PvE Inferno with no risk of death and then PvP their hearts out in inferno gear they can never lose via Arena. Griefers can kill each other all over the world of Sanctuary, making Diablo 3 Hardcore the most dangerous, threatening and difficult game mode ever created in the Action RPG genre.
I happily agree.

(as a hardcore ONLY player)
Not sure what to do with Arenas in Hardcore mode Blizzard?

Easy, nothing. Do not add it at all.

Not sure how to approach PvP for Hardcore?

Easy, implement Hostile. Warn characters upon creation of the feature and then get back to making a (hopefully) great game.

In the end, everyone is happy. Carebears can play PvE Inferno with no risk of death and then PvP their hearts out in inferno gear they can never lose via Arena. Griefers can kill each other the world of Sanctuary, making Diablo 3 Hardcore the most dangerous, threatening and difficult game mode ever created in the Action RPG genre.

So basically you want to ruin hardcore for everyone else?
09/01/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Dispicable

No, just for carebears who don't have the heart for it.
09/01/2011 06:06 PMPosted by Junglizm

And with this argument again. In all honesty, when I try to ask my brother and his friends to try to play Hardcore they would say no because of PKers. Granted I usually escaped them, but they weren't so lucky.

I'd rather go for a fair fight then a high level killing off lowbies who could potentially become a powerful foe later...
09/01/2011 06:06 PMPosted by Junglizm

Your so tough.
Edited for spam.
Or we can have no hostility in either mode and children like Junglizm will be forced to fight honorably in the arena. I vote for that.
For the love of god can we please not have anymore Hostile threads
Sorry, this is a terrible idea.

Hostile is awful for a lot of reasons, and this is why it's out of the game. Ganking-style PvP is gone (It was never a good thing; anyway), and this style of griefing is gone.

Making it so 'hardcore' means 'all griefing, all the time', is not good for hardcore. All hostile does is force people who don't want to PvP into private games, or forces them to interrupt their game when some douchebag declares hostile. Hostile adds no element of danger (You just save and exit when you see the hostile sound, if you want to stay out of danger). All it does is allow people to harrass others and ruin their games.

It also doesn't fit with Diablo 3's focus on co-op. It doesn't make sense to allow a player to be out to kill the other players in the game, when his very presence in the game causes the game to be balanced such that the other 3 players will need his help to deal with the monsters efficiently.

Hostile is just a bad system. If you want PvP, mutual hostile, or arena serves that purpose just as well.
Give me some info on how Hardcore PvP will be handled and I'll stop. Otherwise...
Edited for spam.
I agree that Hardcore shouldn't really have arena. I think the hostile function is what kept me interested in Hardcore the longest. I enjoy the atmosphere.
Mutual hostility man, mutual.
09/01/2011 06:17 PMPosted by Jacka
they will probably make arenas available to hardcore players as well (without character loss).

The fact that they are even considering this for Hardcore really makes me think they are out of touch with their own game.
09/01/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Junglizm
they will probably make arenas available to hardcore players as well (without character loss).

The fact that they are even considering this for Hardcore really makes me think they are out of touch with their own game.

Or that you are.
Edited for spam.
09/01/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Valael
Or that you are.

Your probably one of those that thought buying back HC characters was a great idea.
Password. Protect. Your. Games. FFS.
09/01/2011 07:27 PMPosted by Gunslinger
Password. Protect. Your. Games. FFS.

FFS, can't you understand why this is not an acceptable solution for people who don't want to PvP?

Sorry, but people who don't want to PvP shouldn't have to entirely forgo the ability to be part of the online community, or meet new friends, just because they don't want to leave the door open for their game to be interrupted by a griefer.

Get a clue.