Hardcore + Hostile = Win

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
He probably PvE's with his duelers, I know a lot of people that did that. Hes a PvP purist who plays the character he PvPs with in PvE. It lets you play in a hostile unrestricted PvP environment and be ready for all comers when people wanna fight. If you have never really played another game besides D2, like UO, DAoC Mordred or Shadowbane or something like that, its kind of hard to explain.

The atmosphere of D2 Hardcore was very similar to these games.

have to agree with this. only one i did not play was mordred. and like i said before with forcing players to do something. you are forcing them to arena, and with dueling arena is cool but sometimes the hunt or be hunted feels really good.so pvp servers seem to tbe the right direction. not forcing a person either way and giving all an option.
BTW Shadowbane forever. i Was Randy'Savage on War if you played there.
ITT: I act tough cause I play HC but I'm scared when people are actually prepared for me.
I also play PvE with my duelers, myself, but I guess my philosophy is just very different than yours; I don't want to play in an environment where I must always be careful of someone who is supposed to be my partner, because might always stab me in the back.

I like to separate my PvP and PvE pretty well, and only do PvP at times I'm up for it, and in situations where the other player has just as much chance and drive to kill me as I do to kill them. It's about competition for me. I think the only way to show that you are a better player than another person is to beat them in a fight where you're both on more or less equal footing.

This is why I like Arenas, or the concept of mission-based battlegrounds, and dueling, but not being hostiled at any time.
I do understand your point. I would just love the option of pvp servers just like they have done in wow. I did arena in wow and open world pvp. This argument between people shouldn't really be about hostile, but more about choice in a server. More people don't want it then do. that's obvious, but to oust either side is kind of rediculous. I mean wow supports like 8 types of play styles, why not this. even in their last announcement he mentioned how they have 11 million users and how d2 will hopefully get there. well you cant get 11 million users by cutting out i would say 1/3 of your player base.
I'm a carebear myself. I don't mind hardcore players having their hostile, just as long as it doesn't directly interfere with other fellow carebears

I, however have no idea how this could happen :/ (hardcore player "X" say hai, goes hostile with carebear "Y", what can be done?)
09/02/2011 11:42 PMPosted by Mith
Declaring Hostility never was and never will be a form of griefing. It is using a game system for the express purpose of that which it was designed for.

One sided hostility is greifing in every game its ever been implemented in. It wouldn't be greifing if it was consensual, one sided hostility is never consensual.

But its getting kinda funny now watching you try to defend your greifing

Blizzard has laid down the law and you dont like it, and will continue to whine using whatever fancy BS you can come up with to justify your greifing. And thats the end of my participation in this thread.
This would definitely make HC... hardcore. I'm all for balls to the walls pressure in HC mode, including griefers.

So long as moderate attempts at class balancing and anti-hacks are maintained, this is what makes Diablo fun and unique.
Ok of all your dorks who claimed to "love" hardcore mode, how many of you would hit esc and click the center of the screen when you knew you were gonna die? Totally defeats the purpose and not hardcore at all. Trust me, I used to rub my e-peen claiming I was all "hardcore" when really when I was ragequittin' like the best of em.
11/25/2011 02:35 PMPosted by GoObus
Ok of all your dorks who claimed to "love" hardcore mode, how many of you would hit esc and click the center of the screen when you knew you were gonna die? Totally defeats the purpose and not hardcore at all. Trust me, I used to rub my e-peen claiming I was all "hardcore" when really when I was ragequittin' like the best of em.

The timed exit is one of the better additions to HC