Hardcore + Hostile = Win

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
09/03/2011 09:51 AMPosted by Mith

One sided hostility is greifing in every game its ever been implemented in. It wouldn't be greifing if it was consensual, one sided hostility is never consensual.

But its getting kinda funny now watching you try to defend your greifing

Blizzard has laid down the law and you dont like it, and will continue to whine using whatever fancy BS you can come up with to justify your greifing. And thats the end of my participation in this thread.

There's nothing one sided or non-consensual about it, and there never has been. We don't even want it to be non-consensual, and therefore, we don't want it to be griefing.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3117962007?page=4#78">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3117962007?page=4#78</a>

1) It's griefing because it's non-consensual!
---We want it to be consensual. Consent to it upon character creation, or don't. It's up to you.

Adios!

ALL MY SUPPORTS ARE BELONG TO YOU
At first I was against this idea, but then you said, "Griefers can kill each other all over the world of Sanctuary, making Diablo 3 Hardcore the most dangerous, threatening and difficult game mode ever created in the Action RPG genre." and it made sense.

It wouldn't be "hardcore", it would be real! One life, anyone can turn and attack you, will give you real excitement!
diablo has never menat ot be a pvp game.... "yeah lets get together to kill the prime evils and as soon as i can ill stick it in your back and kill you" It just makes no sense gamewise because the whole idea of the game is centered on a COMMON goal. Feel special just at the fact they are implementing a pvp aspect to the game at all and arenas do fit...."hey im taking some time off from killing demons let me hone my skills in the arena" In order for it to even fit logically you would have to have opposing factions or at the very least the opportunitiy to make "good" and "bad" desicions.... please quit trying to stick a round peg through a square hole. If this is truly the type of game you want im ssure there are others out there to fit your playstyle... you dont HAVE to play diablo you know
Hardcore just won't be the same without hostile. I had many characters dedicated to anti-PK and low level dueling. My Level 18 throw barb sat in sewer runs waiting for some level 9 assassin pk to get an unpleasant surprise upon hostile. Much of the excitement that I associated with hardcore will be lost. I probably spent more time gearing up my low level duelers than I did anything else in HC...
11/25/2011 03:28 PMPosted by Amandalee
diablo has never menat ot be a pvp game.... "yeah lets get together to kill the prime evils and as soon as i can ill stick it in your back and kill you" It just makes no sense gamewise because the whole idea of the game is centered on a COMMON goal. Feel special just at the fact they are implementing a pvp aspect to the game at all and arenas do fit...."hey im taking some time off from killing demons let me hone my skills in the arena" In order for it to even fit logically you would have to have opposing factions or at the very least the opportunitiy to make "good" and "bad" desicions.... please quit trying to stick a round peg through a square hole. If this is truly the type of game you want im ssure there are others out there to fit your playstyle... you dont HAVE to play diablo you know

What made Diablo 2 unique from other cooperative adventure games is that Luigi at any given time could turn on Mario, stab him in the back, loot the corpse, then proceed to take the princess for himself.

If you're afraid of the reality that is griefers who will take advantage of you, shelter yourself in private games with your personal entourage.
11/25/2011 08:13 PMPosted by Seto
Hardcore just won't be the same without hostile.

Excellent. I look forward to it.
11/25/2011 09:09 PMPosted by MortQ
Hardcore just won't be the same without hostile.
<br /><br />Excellent. I look forward to it.<br />

yep, you and every other nub who couldn't break out of nightmare because he continually fell into the trap of some pker who out smarted/played him.
11/25/2011 09:28 PMPosted by Seto
yep, you and every other nub who couldn't break out of nightmare because he continually fell into the trap of some pker who out smarted/played him.

Yup. And here we are with D3 with the potential to have PvP that doesn't suck.
So... you want to bring back 'flagged for PvP'?

/slowclap
I love how this sort of thread seems to pop up over and over and over and it always ends the exact same way.

PvP players insult PvE players for being scared, carebare, etc.
PvE players insult PvP players for being elitist, griefers, etc.

How about people stop waving their e-peens at each other and just agree that allowing hostility as an option is all good and fine, but forcing it should never be implemented. People who enjoy arena can arena, people who enjoy hostile can hostile, people who hate pvp can avoid it, and everybody wins.

People always seem to forget that other people have different (and sometimes completely opposite) opinions about what is fun. Fun is subjective, there is absolutely nothing "carebear" about not enjoying open PvP, there is absolutely nothing "elitist" about enjoying the ability to PK, it's simply a personal preference and nobody has the right to put down anybody elses idea of fun assuming that idea of fun does not directly interfere and ruin somebody elses idea of fun. So bring on the options, but always make them 100% optional.

If people sign up for open PvP and then cry about getting ganked, it's on them and nobody else. If people sign up for pure PvE and then pout at having nothing to do at end game then that's on them and nobody else. Options are never a bad thing as long as they actually remain options.
Selectin* hardcore for your character and expectin* not to die when you pvp? then you should have rolled softcore.....as for the way hardcore pvp is implemented there should be a mutual hostility or two-way system of a*reein* to a fi*ht where both or all players accept knowin* full well you are competin* for each others loot riddled corpse. Arena should be implemented but it should not lack the death penalty at all. It doesn't make sense only the scripted and enchanted pve side of the *ame can harm you. The amount of que quein* should be absolutely minimal if you are si*nin* a known proposition to *o into the fi*ht with the risk of dien* and losin* your character.

-sorry my * key is broken. fi*ure it out!
This is a PVE game, no place for Hostile. Go play WoW if you want to run around the world ganking people.

QFT
sigh, you guys never get the picture.

It was stated that it will " NEVER "... N E V E R

Be in the game, It was a huge annoying stupid design flaw. They have fixed that. If you want to PvP then Arenas are -----> way.
09/01/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Junglizm
making Diablo 3 Hardcore the most dangerous, threatening and difficult game mode ever created in the Action RPG genre.

loot drop too please! go go go
11/25/2011 08:56 PMPosted by Snodog
better function would be to create a "pvp" character, or to have an option on the game rooms when you create them to allow "open world pvp"
<br /><br /> That would lead to crying about balance.<br /><br />It's been stated that "PvP will never wag the tail of PvE". Yes the word never was used rather then we're not considering it right now or somthing similar.<br /><br />That means it ain't gonna happen.<br /><br />So<br /><br />"Shut up PvP Guy"

Problem with that Jacka, is then you cant have PvP chars running with PvE chars and it'd just be a mess.

They made a very good desicion about not implementing Hostile, like it or not, it wasnt designed too well.
A Dueling system (pardon if i say it, but its the best way to do explain it) that would be perfectly viable would be exactly that, you Drop down your flag and request a duel.

In Diablo 3's playstyle, Hostile has no place, and it shouldnt have a place. Most players that want the hostile is to go griefing players, admit it, its true. The other part of ppl who want hostile back want to duel, well there you go, problem solved for everyone.

You cannot FORCE pvp on someone in this genre, it should never be. You're fighting Demons, not each other.