What Diablo Did You Start With and When?

General Discussion
So, Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft community, which Diablo did you start with and when?

I started with Diablo II this year actually. Saw videos of Diablo III and it looked a lot like Dark Alliance, which is a game I loved, and wanted to try it. Boy was it that and more. :)

Now your turn everyone!
I played Diablo on the PS1
I started with Diablo II around 2004 then went back and played Diablo I.
Diablo 2 I believe in 2002. May have been earlier.
I started out with diablo 1 when I was....14-16 can't really remember when I really first started playing that but I was hooked on it.
Diablo 1 on PS1 and then warcraft 1 and 2
Had Diablo 1 for PC and Playstation.

Still play Diablo 2.
Diablo on Windows in 1997. Game was fricken hard, especially on a low end PC.
I started with Diablo I in '97 or '98 with my friends and on Battlenet. Then I got Diablo II the Christmas of the year it came out. My sister got it for me as a present, I remember being so excited about the game that I suspected she got it for me so I went snooping and found it in her TV stand. I was about 26 and giddy as a schoolboy. I snuck (a week before Christmas) it out to the computer and immediately rolled a Necromancer. That was in 2000. Then in 2001 I bought LOD when it was released and just ooh and aahhd at the 5th act. I also loved the sound of those preserved heads when they dropped. I have been playing Diablo II: LoD off and on since.
09/05/2011 06:32 PMPosted by Arkadios
I started with Diablo 2...shortly after it was released. (I don't remember how many years ago...) I never did play the original Diablo.

You are missing out. It's actually a darker atmosphere then Diablo II but only as big as act 1 in D2. You have to get lucky on the loot though or the game will most suredly be difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.
Diablo I (PC), couple months after release...
Diablo late '96. It was new, and so cool looking.
Re-title; What blizzard did you start out with?

For me it was Warcraft 1, interestingly this derived from the need to play more "Sim-City type" games. Obviously I fell in love with the play-style over say, Sim City 2000.

From there it went some like this... Diablo 1, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Warcraft 3 etc...
*chuckles* alright.

I started out with World of Warcraft in the summer of '09 (am I the only one who thought of Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams with that?), actually. Then I tried Warcraft III, then StarCraft (Have all the StarCraft games! ^.^), then StarCraft II, then Diablo II. Soon to be Diablo III!
The original Diablo, at release. Heh, on good ol' dialup.
09/05/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Zarathustra

I never once tried multi player in D1. Wasn't interested.

How was it? Wasn't it limited to like 4 or 5 players?
09/05/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Thunderwulf

I never once tried multi player in D1. Wasn't interested.

How was it? Wasn't it limited to like 4 or 5 players?

4 players in D1 multi. It was bad though cause everyone cheated or you got PKed by the Nukers who exploited a Windows security loophole to lag your system and cause character death. The most notable of these people was ********. Sorry, I don't think I can say his name here. Anyways, he claimed to be super elite player but was nothing more then a script writer.