Blizzards should make Diablo 3 run on PS3

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
09/11/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Zarheim
No
And why not?

Because porting PC games to trashy consoles is a stupid idea. We don't need dumb down our superior experience to cater to lazy bum console junkies who can't use a mouse, get up from their lazy boy, or read text smaller than 300pt font on their TV. Console games are slowing down PC game developments because developers cater to the lowest common denominator, which is always trashy subpar consoles, with lazy bums sitting on the couch.

There are games which belong on consoles, and there are games that belong on PC, and some that would be fine on either if done properly. You could really put most console games on PC if developers would spend more than 10 seconds porting, including all the crappy console port things such as X-Box controller. Some games (racing, geometry wars) need a controller, but most would be fine with a mouse.

I am not 100% against consoles, I played tons of NES, SNES, 64, GCN growing up, I am just tired of all these posts with console whiners complaining they don't get all the games. You don't have hoardes of PC games flooding the console forums whining all the games aren't on PC. Zelda, MarioCart, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, various others were awesome.
so far the only direction theyve shown interest in is consoles in general not exclusives. though the only specific console I've seen them talk about was the xbox
You can run WoW. Why the hell would you want to play on a POS console?
ok so i had a whole thing written out but didnt want to spam the forum to hard so lets do a quick break down so people can understand the difference between the 2 and how it affects modern day. well take a console and a pc and talk about them. Also diablo was made for Playstation and i played it and i liked it just saying.

ok so first all you people need to realize that a console system is a cheap mass produced POS made in china understanding this will help you and the future of video gameing example to all the disbelievers (aka typical wow player) xbox was rushed onto the market with a faulty video card connection to the motherboard ultimitly ending in red rings of death and alot of pissed off customers (aka americans) the reason behind this was just in wow you have Epeens same with these multibillion dollar companies xbox wanted to be the first on the market so that instead of buying your ps3 or wii youd buy the xbox 360 first and thats exactly what happend because supply and demand people wanted a new console. Then they charged people to take it back and restore it (aka open it sodder the connection back together) and send it back to the customer, it probly took over a month for them to do because they damn sure arent gointo pay to overnight that bad boy. So ultimitly the conclussion is xbox (aka microsoft) wanted to monopolize the video game market and with the help of stupid people are slowly but surely achieving that goal. Then we'll take a look at the ps3 another mass produced POS made in china that ultimitly is made cheaper so that you the consumer (aka american) spends more money to have it example of this is there $60.00 controller that breaks after a few months whether its a button sticking or the rubber comming off the sticks. Anyway you look at it its a POS designed to break so you spend more money.
Now take a look at whats inside these consoles. A completlely out of date graphics card which is what makes up video games the ability to make it more realistic to have a physcis engine so you see smoke and debrit and all around your frames per second so when looking at a console there is no upgradeing that graphics card, yes you can make drivers to kinda tweek it a little bit but all and all that graphics card is pushed to its max after about 3 years of the console being on the market, and with no upgradeability to the graphics most games are gointo look somewhat similiar as far as graphics are conserned depending on the game developers scaling the game downward to run on the console. so saying for the ps3 there should be no point to do so because ps3 has been out for like what 5 maby 6 years now so we all know a new console is already in the works and even then i would gurantee the graphics card in the new systems doesnt even equal a geforce 580 ultimitly as far as technology goes the graphics cards put in consoles is already out of date by the time the console is even released pc gamers will always have the upper hand when it comes to upgradeablitlity. only downside is these companies, then come out with the new console and all you people rush to go buy it. Us pc gamers sit here and go but the graphics on this are trash and the controls on this are trash and all and all the game is then released to the public and the only reason why they see sales and the other reason they sit there and think COD is a good game is because we the gamer buy that POS to play it with our friends because theres nothing els out there to play. unless you want to go back to playing wow and spend your life doing dailys.
So all in all whad we learn today. People are up in arms because we (aka real gamers) know the truth behind what a console is and how much pc gamers hate the fact that in todays day in age so many people resort to quantitiy over quality and the sad thing is there is a vast majority of us that would take the quality over the quantity any given day of the week. and the reason because we the consumer are mostly american and americans like to have the fillet not the ground beef. we dont want to see something great be turned into trash to cater to those that arent even appreciative in the first place. and thats what most console gamers are whiny scrubs that just dont understand that there is usb controlers for pc and guess what els, are drones in our military use what resembles a ps3 controller to operate aswell. PC is the future and has been for some time and why all these companies cater to these consoles is beyond me you need to educate these kids blizzard put d3 on console loor them to the pc as diablo would loor people under his will and make them better. so we the gamer can have real competition and not go through every video game released today and be like why am i so good and they are so freaken horrible. and then we stop playing the game because we realize its been dumbed down to cater to the scrubs. just my thoughts. and yes i do believe it should be put on a playstation not an xbox. consoles were developed multi player so players could play with there friends not charge them monthly to play with there friends, another reason why xbox can suck it and i hope you people stop paying that company to sell you trash. but what was that line in forest gump stupid is as stupid does..... yeah

Also i do have a ps3 and i play it for games like NHL and sports games with my friends i will say its a POS but haveing friends over and playing sports games or something like smash brothers works for a console and like i said diablo for PS was good if you guys can make it like that but build on it ide say its a good way to not only make money but to turn people onto your company and get them in the direction of useing a pc and evolving as a human instead of sitting there going mmmm another console i guess ill spend another $600 cause this one has a blue ray mmmmeeehhhhh.im so leet auto aim on a first person shooter with my sticks so leet im CAL I leet auto aim yessssssss..... newbs.
Ps3 nah. Don't know why anyone would buy one, let alone want D3 on it.

Because porting PC games to trashy consoles is a stupid idea. We don't need dumb down our superior experience to cater to lazy bum console junkies who can't use a mouse, get up from their lazy boy, or read text smaller than 300pt font on their TV. Console games are slowing down PC game developments because developers cater to the lowest common denominator, which is always trashy subpar consoles, with lazy bums sitting on the couch.

There are games which belong on consoles, and there are games that belong on PC, and some that would be fine on either if done properly. You could really put most console games on PC if developers would spend more than 10 seconds porting, including all the crappy console port things such as X-Box controller. Some games (racing, geometry wars) need a controller, but most would be fine with a mouse.

I am not 100% against consoles, I played tons of NES, SNES, 64, GCN growing up, I am just tired of all these posts with console whiners complaining they don't get all the games. You don't have hoardes of PC games flooding the console forums whining all the games aren't on PC. Zelda, MarioCart, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, various others were awesome.

+1

+2
09/11/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Static
Blizzard has already said they're experimenting with making another iteration of the Diablo franchise work on consoles. You'll probably get your wish, although it might be a couple years in the making. ;)
Pretty much this, beat me to it.
09/11/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Furn
Why not? They'd make more money if they made a condole game.
Yeah and the community would grow up :)

I hope that's sarcasm... Console players are among the most immature mouthbreathers in existence (for the most part.)
Edited for spam.
Get your console %%% self out of my Diablo 3
While many would like to see this happen for many reasons, some being "more people to trade with" and "more people to play with" the real trouble is that the games wouldn't likely be able to be cross-compatable. People who owned the PC version would only be able to play with other PC players, and the same would work with 360 and PS3 owners. So while "more" people would be able to play, less people would actually be able to even play together.

Look at all the other games that are made cross-platform and you will see this has been true every time. Not to mention Blizz would have to invest in singular servers for each platform type just to attempt to make this work, make patches for each bug on each system, and also work around how the game is supposed to be Online ALL the time. Have fun working that out on each system.

Now, if they actually accomplished all of these feats, I would definately be impressed, but it would be a huge gamble.
While many would like to see this happen for many reasons, some being "more people to trade with" and "more people to play with" the real trouble is that the games wouldn't likely be able to be cross-compatable. People who owned the PC version would only be able to play with other PC players, and the same would work with 360 and PS3 owners. So while "more" people would be able to play, less people would actually be able to even play together.

Look at all the other games that are made cross-platform and you will see this has been true every time. Not to mention Blizz would have to invest in singular servers for each platform type just to attempt to make this work, make patches for each bug on each system, and also work around how the game is supposed to be Online ALL the time. Have fun working that out on each system.

Now, if they actually accomplished all of these feats, I would definately be impressed, but it would be a huge gamble.

There is nothing stopping the game from being cross compatible with PC if it were on the console, and there is nothing stopping a console game from being online all the time.

While there is pretty much no way in hell it will ever hit the xbox 360 - due to limitations with XBL and XBL licensing, and Msoft's not allowing third party platforms on the system, like bnet, and the limitation of things like microtransactions through xbl - there is a significant chance it could show up on the PS3 with Sony's much more open stance on online games on the PS3 - see, for example, steam on the PS3 as well as other online only games being developed like the Eve spinoff FPS.

I agree it would be bad if it fractured the community, but this isn't really the type of game that suffers the same limitations as an FPS does, and I personally think a controller / button control scheme would be more fun than the clickfest of the mouse.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it would be a bad idea to bring it over to PS3, it just would take a lot ot work to implement in the long run. I was honestly surprised that Ghost wasn't being planned to be a console game due it it's FPS aspects and Blizz's hints at a console idea could also mean many different things. My main fear is that it could fracture the community if this idea were to happen. Look at so many other borderline MMO games that are on consoles and require a constant online connection; most are barely alive today and others focus almost solely on a FPS/pvp aspect.
ok so i had a whole thing written out but didnt want to spam the forum to hard so lets do a quick break down so people can understand the difference between the 2 and how it affects modern day. well take a console and a pc and talk about them. Also diablo was made for Playstation and i played it and i liked it just saying.

ok so first all you people need to realize that a console system is a cheap mass produced POS made in china understanding this will help you and the future of video gameing example to all the disbelievers (aka typical wow player) xbox was rushed onto the market with a faulty video card connection to the motherboard ultimitly ending in red rings of death and alot of pissed off customers (aka americans) the reason behind this was just in wow you have Epeens same with these multibillion dollar companies xbox wanted to be the first on the market so that instead of buying your ps3 or wii youd buy the xbox 360 first and thats exactly what happend because supply and demand people wanted a new console. Then they charged people to take it back and restore it (aka open it sodder the connection back together) and send it back to the customer, it probly took over a month for them to do because they damn sure arent gointo pay to overnight that bad boy. So ultimitly the conclussion is xbox (aka microsoft) wanted to monopolize the video game market and with the help of stupid people are slowly but surely achieving that goal. Then we'll take a look at the ps3 another mass produced POS made in china that ultimitly is made cheaper so that you the consumer (aka american) spends more money to have it example of this is there $60.00 controller that breaks after a few months whether its a button sticking or the rubber comming off the sticks. Anyway you look at it its a POS designed to break so you spend more money.
Now take a look at whats inside these consoles. A completlely out of date graphics card which is what makes up video games the ability to make it more realistic to have a physcis engine so you see smoke and debrit and all around your frames per second so when looking at a console there is no upgradeing that graphics card, yes you can make drivers to kinda tweek it a little bit but all and all that graphics card is pushed to its max after about 3 years of the console being on the market, and with no upgradeability to the graphics most games are gointo look somewhat similiar as far as graphics are conserned depending on the game developers scaling the game downward to run on the console. so saying for the ps3 there should be no point to do so because ps3 has been out for like what 5 maby 6 years now so we all know a new console is already in the works and even then i would gurantee the graphics card in the new systems doesnt even equal a geforce 580 ultimitly as far as technology goes the graphics cards put in consoles is already out of date by the time the console is even released pc gamers will always have the upper hand when it comes to upgradeablitlity. only downside is these companies, then come out with the new console and all you people rush to go buy it. Us pc gamers sit here and go but the graphics on this are trash and the controls on this are trash and all and all the game is then released to the public and the only reason why they see sales and the other reason they sit there and think COD is a good game is because we the gamer buy that POS to play it with our friends because theres nothing els out there to play. unless you want to go back to playing wow and spend your life doing dailys.
So all in all whad we learn today. People are up in arms because we (aka real gamers) know the truth behind what a console is and how much pc gamers hate the fact that in todays day in age so many people resort to quantitiy over quality and the sad thing is there is a vast majority of us that would take the quality over the quantity any given day of the week. and the reason because we the consumer are mostly american and americans like to have the fillet not the ground beef. we dont want to see something great be turned into trash to cater to those that arent even appreciative in the first place. and thats what most console gamers are whiny scrubs that just dont understand that there is usb controlers for pc and guess what els, are drones in our military use what resembles a ps3 controller to operate aswell. PC is the future and has been for some time and why all these companies cater to these consoles is beyond me you need to educate these kids blizzard put d3 on console loor them to the pc as diablo would loor people under his will and make them better. so we the gamer can have real competition and not go through every video game released today and be like why am i so good and they are so freaken horrible. and then we stop playing the game because we realize its been dumbed down to cater to the scrubs. just my thoughts. and yes i do believe it should be put on a playstation not an xbox. consoles were developed multi player so players could play with there friends not charge them monthly to play with there friends, another reason why xbox can suck it and i hope you people stop paying that company to sell you trash. but what was that line in forest gump stupid is as stupid does..... yeah

Also i do have a ps3 and i play it for games like NHL and sports games with my friends i will say its a POS but haveing friends over and playing sports games or something like smash brothers works for a console and like i said diablo for PS was good if you guys can make it like that but build on it ide say its a good way to not only make money but to turn people onto your company and get them in the direction of useing a pc and evolving as a human instead of sitting there going mmmm another console i guess ill spend another $600 cause this one has a blue ray mmmmeeehhhhh.im so leet auto aim on a first person shooter with my sticks so leet im CAL I leet auto aim yessssssss..... newbs.

Use paragraphs ffs.

TL:DR'd so hard
consoles just makes games bad
I don't see why there's a debate going on here, because blizzard is already planning a console release. I'm not too happy with that, but arguing won't change any of it