make it darker?

General Discussion
couldn't disagree more, show me the eye candy pls.
Remember in older games where you could counterract dark areas just by turning your brightness up?
Personally, I like being able to see the game. And I don't want to dedicate valuable equipment space to the privilege of seeing the hard work done by the art team. Lack of light usually makes hte game annoying to deal with, more than spooky. If you want spooky, there are plenty of horror themed games out there like Amnesia which are designed to try and pluck those strings.
09/18/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Tamer
Lucky for you all monitors have that option. Find the brightness button and turn it all the way down.

You really don't have any clue whatsoever do you?

Do you even know what light radius was in D2? Because what you just said, would not portray the same affect.
09/18/2011 11:36 PMPosted by Carayz
i really think the dungeons should be much darker like in the previous diablos. from beta footage of the den of the fallen u see everything. i likes the feel of a light radius around you and the uknown away in the dark waiting to be explored.

Lucky for you, the games comes with in game option such as Brightness and Contrast so you can play as a one eyed color blind 16 year old emo kid.
09/19/2011 06:51 AMPosted by CellarDoor
Lucky for you all monitors have that option. Find the brightness button and turn it all the way down.

Do you even know what light radius was in D2? Because what you just said, would not portray the same affect.

Light radius is about not seeing things. If you want to not see things, turn your brightness down. Everyone in D2 used MH to remove light radius.
09/18/2011 11:36 PMPosted by Carayz
i really think the dungeons should be much darker like in the previous diablos. from beta footage of the den of the fallen u see everything. i likes the feel of a light radius around you and the uknown away in the dark waiting to be explored.

just lower the brightness down LOL
09/18/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Tamer
troll option is not an option

but dont worry, OP, blizzard stated as you progress more into the game there will be darker dungeons wherer light radius will be your line of sight
I prefer spooky darker dungeons and only being able to see whats around me, not further in the distance. It gives that sense of adventure and exploration, and dont tell me to play other games.

One of the MAIN reasons i loved d1 and d2 is cause it gave you that feel of spookyness playing in the dark corners of the earth while demons were waiting for you. If everything is lit up it just feels like a childs game.
also, ligth radius doesent negate the eye candy, you just have to explore and get closer to it, so that it is lit up
09/19/2011 08:36 AMPosted by Tamer

Light radius is about not seeing things. If you want to not see things, turn your brightness down. Everyone in D2 used MH to remove light radius.

You just disgust me.
I`m sure you`ll be able to turn down the brightness in game. or just wear some sunglasses as you play in a dark room with little light.
i laugh at you people, trolling in disguise saying to turn down the brightness, knowing light radius /= lower brightness. At least i hope you guys actually have the necessary gray matter to understand that....i really hope you are just trolling in disguise
hahaha.... my point really was mainly twards dungeons, caves especially. sure u go in a cathedral or some type of building there will be torches n such lighting it up so u have less use for light radius but goin into a cave, it should be really dark and u only can see wat your torch "light radius" brightens up. this is diablo its demonic..... it shouldnt always be rainbows of color, there definetly should be a balance with the dirty grimey dark dungeons.
This is one of the few things I'm concerned about in d3. One of the most attractive parts of d1 and d2 was the atmosphere. The game was dark, creepy, and at times (especially hardcore) could be terrifying. I haven't watched much game play but from what I've seen it's a little brighter and more cartoony.

I'm not really that worried though, I'm sure the later acts get darker. Also once we're up to inferno difficulty I'm sure the power of the monsters were help add to the fear factor.
09/18/2011 11:51 PMPosted by Izoll
An option for that would be somewhat nice... As for turning monitor brightness down, it will also make your skill bar and whatnot dark which is sort of disturbing for me personally.

With all do respect, if Blizzard put an "option" for everything, we'd have a 200 page options menu.

09/19/2011 09:37 AMPosted by Themisto
i laugh at you people, trolling in disguise saying to turn down the brightness, knowing light radius /= lower brightness. At least i hope you guys actually have the necessary gray matter to understand that....i really hope you are just trolling in disguise

Is it any less hilarious than the people that want 15 year old game mechanics in D3 because back then, it was cool?
09/19/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Skyfire
An option for that would be somewhat nice... As for turning monitor brightness down, it will also make your skill bar and whatnot dark which is sort of disturbing for me personally.

With all do respect, if Blizzard put an "option" for everything, we'd have a 200 page options menu.

Is it any less hilarious than the people that want 15 year old game mechanics in D3 because back then, it was cool?

i think as many options as possible is completely fine, so long it doesnt have any great impact effect in the greater scale, but only on the single player level to please the part of the playerbase that supports it

But my point is, the 15 year old game mechanic is still confirmed to appear on diablo 3 anyway. Just not in every single dungeon and cave, espeacially those from early game.