Gold sellers/Via casual players.

General Discussion
I'm very curious to know how the real money auction house will be functional, because to be honest the ones that will be setting the prices are going to be the ones that play the game non stop (Aka Gold sellers).

Now with this line of thought, i'm afraid that economy is not the same everywhere. In some countries one dollars is worth more then somewhere else.

My questions are pretty simple, are we going to set our own price or will a determined price be already initiated inside the auction house that can not be change for specific items.

Maybe i'm missing a bit of information and some people can rectify me on the right path.

Thank you.

P.S If this post has already been discussed in the past please refer me to the posts.
I think the way it works now is you can set your own buy it now price or people can bid on it <--- correction I am sure it has a min you can set in the beta had to think about it for a sec as I remembered seeing so many no mins set but that was just cause its beta and nobody cares---)
the region locks are about currency/language,,

in any casr to cash out in the us you will need to be able to get paid in the us
Ok well thanks, I guess that answers it pretty well.

1) You buy gold plx

2) Mine mine mine

3) Me got deal with U!

Don't want to see that.
I think the way it works now is you can set your own buy it now price or people can bid on it <--- correction I am sure it has a min you can set in the beta had to think about it for a sec as I remembered seeing so many no mins set but that was just cause its beta and nobody cares---)

ur name.. is so annoying..
I'm pretty sure paypal converts $$$
The real money servers will be region based. So someone playing on the north america server and someone playing on the (just an example) china server will have no connection AT ALL.

You won't play together, you won't trade gold/items/anything from one region to another. Someone in china will not be able to play on a north american server.

Blizzard takes a cut of the sales (like maybe 10%), and you can be sure they want to collect 10% of $50 instead of 10% of $1. This will give them all the incentive they need to make sure people only play on their correct servers.

Region "locking" doesn't prevent other regions from playing. Even if they lock out IPs, they can just create IP tunnels. You can play SC2 on korean server, you just buy a korean account key from ebay. They would need to take more advanced measures, or actively pursue the chineese gold farming companies in court for EULA violations to stop them.

It is not % fee, but a flat fee for posting, and again if item sells, both are probably pretty small (but there are going to be millions of transactions per day).
the region locks are about currency/language,,

in any casr to cash out in the us you will need to be able to get paid in the us

It isn't that hard to convert your currency, even if you lose a few % going through a broker or whatever. There are daytraders that trade currencies like stocks, and make a lot of money.
The real money servers will be region based. So someone playing on the north america server and someone playing on the (just an example) china server will have no connection AT ALL.

You won't play together, you won't trade gold/items/anything from one region to another. Someone in china will not be able to play on a north american server.

Blizzard takes a cut of the sales (like maybe 10%), and you can be sure they want to collect 10% of $50 instead of 10% of $1. This will give them all the incentive they need to make sure people only play on their correct servers.

Region "locking" doesn't prevent other regions from playing. Even if they lock out IPs, they can just create IP tunnels. You can play SC2 on korean server, you just buy a korean account key from ebay. They would need to take more advanced measures, or actively pursue the chineese gold farming companies in court for EULA violations to stop them.

It is not % fee, but a flat fee for posting, and again if item sells, both are probably pretty small (but there are going to be millions of transactions per day).

What advantage would someone have in Diablo to go out of their way just to play a different server that doesn't speak the same language or use the same currency? I guess it'll be possible but it seems pointless. Games like SC2 it's different. There's a competitive aspect that drives players to want to practice where the best competition is...Korea.
Do you guys think a : Asian Country of some sort could easily buy a Diablo 3 cd key, then sell his ware at lower pricing since this specific person has different monetary goals.

I.E : 5$ is not a bad amount for US or CAN and other countries, I can't name them all.
But let's put that 5$ Into someones else pocket.....That 5$ is worth much more to him/her.

I.E We all play our amount of hours per week, but let's look at a farmer perspective who decides to open a small business with this feature, having multiple accounts that will farm nearly 24/7.

That's what's bothering me at the moment, trying to understand a bit more.

What advantage would someone have in Diablo to go out of their way just to play a different server that doesn't speak the same language or use the same currency? I guess it'll be possible but it seems pointless. Games like SC2 it's different. There's a competitive aspect that drives players to want to practice where the best competition is...Korea.

Chineese gold farmers want to sell their phat lewts to americans that are willing to spend money to feel cooler in a game.

You are right about SC2, the only reason to do so is to play on more competitive Korean server, or play with friends in different regions, such as Europe or Korea.