Environment Damage

General Discussion
I have been watching tons of live feeds and videos of the beta and so far it looks great. One thing I would like to see is character-inflicted environment damage. When a character knocks down a wall onto himself and takes no damage while all the monsters around him are crushed, it gives a feeling of detachment from the game. It would also add a fun element of skill to knock down the wall without getting hit by it. If not damage, I would at least like to see characters effected in some way, like being knocked back (both damage and a knock back would be ideal). However, I don't know how hard this would be to implement as I have no experience making games.
What are other people's thoughts on this?
I agree, the environment should be able to cause damage to players. Like chandeliers... and walls.
Prefer a stun affect, good thought.
Edited for spam.
I agree as well. If I manage to collapse a wall onto myself, I pretty much deserve what comes next. Though not instant death, because of the hardcore reasoning that Capii mentioned.
People would attempt to kill each other. If I lost a hardcore character who was low on health because someone destroyed a wall as I ran away..........
Okay that makes sense. So make the damage small or just stick with a knock-back effect. Also, from what I have seen it isn't too hard to avoid the walls.
I saw a Youtube post of an F&F Beta where the player got hit/ damage when a bookshelve fell on him.... anyone saw that??? I'll try to find it and post it here.
09/19/2011 09:22 PMPosted by Majix
Okay that makes sense. So make the damage small or just stick with a knock-back effect. Also, from what I have seen it isn't too hard to avoid the walls.

It would be nice for SC but I think it would cause problems in the HC portion. I'm sure they could separate it, but I doubt they will for launch. In SC it should do a metric !@#$ ton of damage, which is about 4.03x10^9
09/19/2011 09:00 PMPosted by Izoll
I would like this

Sadly, so would griefers.

Always some jerks ruining it for everyone else.
I am for this 100%