PayPal; why can't we cashout our Bnet account

General Discussion
09/20/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Zobo
Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/info">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/info</a>

You have to set your account to send funds to the battle.net wallet or to paypal. There is no middle ground. Battle.net wallet cannot be cashed out. Once it's in there, it's in there for good.

So say you have your account setup to cash out through PayPal. You sell the Axe of the Frozen Dude. Blizzard takes their cut, sends the money to PayPal. PayPal applies their standard flat rate PLUS their percentage cut. Then you get your money (assuming you stay under the withdrawal limit for the month). You sell another Axe of the Frozen Dude. This happens again.

Why can't we just put everything in the Blizzard wallet and then cashout through PayPal in one lump sum? Will special arrangements with PayPal be made to qualify for the micropayments plan with PayPal (Receiving (selling) 5% + $0.05 USD)? At least it will completely gut margin trading, I suppose?

If most items go for about $1, then after calculating Blizzard fees and PayPal fees (1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD†), we're left with just about nothing.

"Nothing" is your opinion.

If you play the game, and you pick up FREE items off the ground and sell them for any amount of money, you are profiting. Even after Blizzard and PayPal get their cut - you are making money off of 3D pixels/polygons.

That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. Blizzard is not taking money away from you - they are taking it away from the buyer because you never had that money in the first place.

So if you go from a $0 balance to a $.50 cents balance, even if you were asking for $1.00 on the AH, you are "winning" ~Charlie Sheen.

That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. Blizzard is not taking money away from you - they are taking it away from the buyer because you never had that money in the first place.

So if you go from a $0 balance to a $.50 cents balance, even if you were asking for $1.00 on the AH, you are "winning" ~Charlie Sheen.

Except when you have a posting fee and you get undercut, or your item doesn't get purchased. Then they are taking money away from you.
Set up an auction on the second account (or friend's account) for the amount of your eBalance (i.e. crude boots for $300.00). Buy boots on your account for $300.

Seller names are hidden, so unless it's the only one, you might be buying someone else's!
09/20/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Sense
Set up an auction on the second account (or friend's account) for the amount of your eBalance (i.e. crude boots for $300.00). Buy boots on your account for $300.

Seller names are hidden, so unless it's the only one, you might be buying someone else's!

Finding a unique item and price that isn't currently listed will be trivial. At time of purchase if there is suddenly more than one then start over.
So what happens when you cancel your account? You've got upwards of 200 blizzard dollars in that account. Will they just say "thanks"? What happens if your account gets banned? I don't think you should lose hundreds of unspent dollars because you hacked a map in the game, or ran your mouth. I wonder what the ToS will say to allow them to just absorb money when accounts are cancelled and other ways people lose accounts.

If you break the EULA and get banned, its your fault, and you deserve to lose whatever you built up.

09/20/2011 11:24 AMPosted by Fen
Until I read this thread I had no idea we wouldn't be able to build up and cash out our bnet accounts periodically. I find this to be extremely annoying, and I hope blizzard comes to their senses and eventually allows for cash outs of that nature.

Again, if you can do this easily, blizzard would have to keep those funds available and on the books, which would affect their financial statements. By forcing you to choose, they have no real liability as they can just write off one of their games or products if you buy it with blizzard bucks.
09/20/2011 10:22 AMPosted by Scourge
If you play the game, and you pick up FREE items off the ground and sell them for any amount of money, you are profiting. Even after Blizzard and PayPal get their cut - you are making money off of 3D pixels/polygons.

This is incorrect. The items you pick up are not free, you have to pay for the game. Therefore until you make equal to the amount you spent on the game, nothing is yet free or profit.
Deposit your sales from the RMAH into paypal account yes
DONT cash out until its worth it

So what I'm saying is leave your money in the paypal account until it's a sizeable amount THEN cash out

You can do this right!?
Deposit your sales from the RMAH into paypal account yes
DONT cash out until its worth it

So what I'm saying is leave your money in the paypal account until it's a sizeable amount THEN cash out

You can do this right!?

I think what he is saying is you CAN'T do this.

When you sell an items you chose for it to go to your paypal account as real $$ OR your bnet account. Once it is in your Bnet account you cannot cash it out to real $$ any more, it's stuck there for life.

Now, if that is the case then what you CAN do is build up.. say $200 for example's sake.
Then you BUY an item worth $200 and resell it for $200 and choose to cash it out.

There are ways around it like that, could also do it with gold to since I think you can buy/sell that on there.

OP, could you clarify that this is/isn't what you are saying?

So are you saying I cannot accumulate cash in my paypal account from all the auction sales that get deposited in there, until I am ready to cash it out? I don't think that is the case - they don't force you to cash out into your bank account every single time you make a deposit

Unless something has changed and we live in a totalitarian dictatorship now?

So are you saying I cannot accumulate cash in my paypal account from all the auction sales that get deposited in there, until I am ready to cash it out? I don't think that is the case - they don't force you to cash out into your bank account every single time you make a deposit

Unless something has changed and we live in a totalitarian dictatorship now?

So are you saying I cannot accumulate cash in my paypal account from all the auction sales that get deposited in there, until I am ready to cash it out?

Yes.

But if you save up $200, to cash that out you can buy $200 worth of gold, and then sell all that gold for money.

Whats the difference?
I'd rather sell for example, 100 x $2 items on the RMAH - clear say $1, send that directly to my paypal account (100 times) and only cash out (to my bank account linked to paypal) when i reach $100 balances in my paypal account

Do you understand what I am saying?