Would you Hardcore PvP?

General Discussion
09/20/2011 09:43 AMPosted by Dbutcher
Why do it if there will be no PvP balance? Unless you play with the OP class, there's no point doing any serious PvP in this game.

There was no pvp balance in d2, and tons of people still enjoyed it.

Also, they said they wont have it balanced to an E-sport level, but they are keeping the pvp and pve balance seperate so if they nerf a skill that was too powerful in pvp, it wont effect pve. so yes, they will balance it to some extent.
09/20/2011 10:38 AMPosted by SolidHadriel
Why do it if there will be no PvP balance? Unless you play with the OP class, there's no point doing any serious PvP in this game.

Have you heard of doing something for the sheer 'enjoyment' and 'thrill' of the sport, regardless if there is a reward or not?

Perhaps the idea of a 'sport' is new to you.

We do it because we enjoy the challenge, we don't need to have incentive to duel, we do it because we like it. That's it.

And people will also cry when they lose their high level characters in Hardcore PvP because of PvP imbalance... and they will blame Blizzard for that. Write it down.
Have you heard of doing something for the sheer 'enjoyment' and 'thrill' of the sport, regardless if there is a reward or not?

Perhaps the idea of a 'sport' is new to you.

We do it because we enjoy the challenge, we don't need to have incentive to duel, we do it because we like it. That's it.

I couldn't agree more. The thrill of putting it all on the line just for that exciting buzz of "will I win or not?" It won't matter if I loose a dozen characters in the long run, just as long as I enjoy the experience.
Hell no! You hardcores have my respect, but dueling/arenaing on hardcore seems crazy to me. Though I guess to roll HC chars, you gotta be at least a little crazy.
yes, I'd build characters just to die in pvp.

I certainly would, the feeling in your stomach you get when fighting someone else, knowing if you die, it's permanent. It just adds a whole new level to the experience.
Hells yah i will. only game i've played where i could actually hear my heart beating going up against somebody as equal as i was in diablo2. Makes softcore seem lame.

However i dont think they will be much hardcore pvp with these arenas going on. . they'll turn it into a money esport and the people playing will want to play softy for constant practice
over money maybe. lol
Never, not in a million years and here is why.

Hardcore PvP means that unless you are good. And I am talking REALLY good. Like professional. Like THE BEST PERSON in the WORLD good, you are going to loose a character. Now for me that is a big deal, but lets break it down this way.

You have 100 level 60's who Hardcore PvP. They are of different classes and skill ranges. In an hour, without significant matchmaking software you have one. The king (or queen) of the hill.

That is 99 other people who now need to grind back up to 60 to get another shot at the king or queen of the hill.

All I have to say is, good luck.
I dont think I'll even bother playing "softcore" mode in the game if I have a choice. But I'm assuming we will have to complete the game in normal before unlocking hardcore? Hardcore for me made D2, just the thrill of having the chance of dying and possibly loosing it all.
I don't think I'll PVP in HC for the early days of D3, not intill I can find a decent ways of lvling up chars fast enough.
Depends really. I'm an achievement slave. If there's no achievements for hardcore pvp, I probably won't unless they support like level 10 pvp
I would duel on hardcore but team death matches in my mind would be too stressful... One person makes a mistake... get raged on
09/20/2011 03:20 AMPosted by Zobo
I'd do it if I could exclusively get exp through PVP while in hardcore. :P

Leveling to max level exclusively through Hardcore Arena experience points... now that's Conan the Barbarian style of manliness.
Never, not in a million years and here is why.

Hardcore PvP means that unless you are good. And I am talking REALLY good. Like professional. Like THE BEST PERSON in the WORLD good, you are going to loose a character. Now for me that is a big deal, but lets break it down this way.

You have 100 level 60's who Hardcore PvP. They are of different classes and skill ranges. In an hour, without significant matchmaking software you have one. The king (or queen) of the hill.

That is 99 other people who now need to grind back up to 60 to get another shot at the king or queen of the hill.

All I have to say is, good luck.

You clearly don't understand what makes HC fun and such a trill.
I would low level twink but would be a long time before I would use a 60. Gotta be rich, rich, rich before that baby!
09/22/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Helacious
You clearly don't understand what makes HC fun and such a trill.

Adrenaline. It's really quite a thrill when death is permanent. You are truly fighting for your life.
09/20/2011 03:34 AMPosted by Dominatrice
Yah, I would love to see the nerd rage when someone died and lost high level gems and runes that literally took months, if not years, to rank up.

u trolin?
I liked low level dueling in HC , was awesome
i'm gonna make pimped out low lvls for hc pvp
Just wait until they announce arenas aren't available til 60.