Idea for Plauge of Toads

Witch Doctor
I haven't played the beta but I've watched a lot of videos of it an I read a thread, in general or the beta feedback I think that mentioned plauge of toads and one of the wizard spells that uses random movement to do damage. It was mentioned that the best was to use the spells would be to run right up to a monster and use it at point blank so that it does a garenteed 8-11X3 rather than one or two toads. I think it would be interesting if the toads star off at 50 percent damage instead of 100 percent. Each time they hope they become stronger until they become full strength on their last hop and then explode. This means that a point blank use will deal 150% dmg instead of 300% and if you want to use it against a lot of mobs you should stank back. It would make the very cool visual of them jumping actually mean something and make the skill more dynamic. A similar mechanic might work on Shock Pulse for the Wizard.
I don't even think the toads would all instantly hit a target right next to you. They seem to come out in three directions and there would always be some stragglers or toads who just missed, no matter proximity. Also, walking right up to things as a witch doctor seems foolish as the game progresses.

09/22/2011 03:37 PMPosted by Friendzee
I don't even think the toads would all instantly hit a target right next to you. They seem to come out in three directions and there would always be some stragglers or toads who just missed, no matter proximity. Also, walking right up to things as a witch doctor seems foolish as the game progresses.

I've heard stories about WD players wasting the Skeleton King in a few seconds using Plague of Toads at point blank.
It's not such a big deal at low level, but eventually, being right up in a monster's face will be very risky. Do you want to take that chance for triple damage? I think it's a fun gambit and it'll definitely reward skilled play. =D