No Harlequin Crest Shako

General Discussion
So very dissapointed that arguably the most legendary item from Diablo 2 is not in Diablo 3. So very dissapointed with Blizzard.
They may release the shako in the expansions so here's to looking up!
I too was a little bummed not to see the infamous shako :(
Dude its shako though. The most mainstream sought after item in Diablo 2 before hacked runewords came out.
Hmmm Im surprised no one considers the idea that the list might not be complete... I think it is very possibly not a 100% complete listing of all the gear
I don't understand why everyone is expecting Blizzard to just copy paste names from old Diablos.

I expect them to be creative, with the (very) occasional nod to an old item.

They put plenty of crap items no one cared about back into Diablo 3, but leave out the true legendaries.

And wtf is up with Stormshield looking like a peice of crap buckler...
09/22/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Jeff
So very dissapointed that arguably the most legendary item from Diablo 2 is not in Diablo 3

Indeed, I will certainly miss it if it doesn't end up in D3 (either at release or in expansions)

09/22/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Bottle
I don't understand why everyone is expecting Blizzard to just copy paste names from old Diablos.

I don't think people are as much expecting them to reuse the old names of D2 items in D3 as much as keep the iconic items in D2 that bring back such good memories.

Also considering it's only 20 years later in the lore, it's not too far fetched to think that some of the items used in the past would resurface.
Also, harlequin crest is from both diablo games..
Maybe in an expansion? It wasn't in Diablo 2 until LoD I believe.
09/22/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Jeff
So very dissapointed that arguably the most legendary item from Diablo 2 is not in Diablo 3. So very dissapointed with Blizzard.

Harlequin Crest is an item from Diablo 1.

Also, no shako, but we have White Gloves (!!!) and Occy ring (!!!)

heh, shako can rot in hell.
bump
This shouldn't be a surprise. Blizzard South has no sense of continuity.

Evidence? Diablo 3.
wasn't the thing that made them so special "+all skill"?

is that possible to implement in d3 without it being an outright mockery of its former glory?
devs have a superficial knowledge of d2. What did you expect?

edit: harlequin crest was mediocre in d1 and iconic in d2. Thinking cap was the godly mage helm.