So I'm playing beta and I notice...

General Discussion
So many people seem to say the same thing. "PVP is for arenas" but if you look.. Diablo came before world of warcraft ever introduced arenas so in fact that is not true. Diablo 1 & 2 both revolved around world PVP

Ganking people in D1 is not what I would call PVP. In fact, there was not much PVP in Diablo 1 at all with all of the hacks going around just one button kill everyone on the level.
There is no hostile button!
Don't get me wrong. I am not down to ruin another players experience, but my friends and I really do enjoy battling it out from time to time randomly. I don't want to have to go through arenas ALL the time.

We need the option brought back!Where you can make a game with the option to hostile or not. Also to compliment it, a vote kick option, in-case somebody takes it too far. But like I said, this is mainly for friends..and I have quite a few that agree. Its exciting!

It just doesn't feel like Diablo without it. I understand they don't want griefing towards other players and what not.. but come on... its completely ripping a chunk out of the soul of Diablo and everything that it is.

i agree with half your post, i had been against a hostile feature but you bring a valid point. but instead of hostile it should be a duel option like in wow. simply because i dont need another player randomly claiming hostile on me for now reason. and no way to the vote kick though, its not practical if you have leave the game then so be it, it shouldnt take long to find a game, and your bound to make a few friends. max player limit is only 4.
I never liked PVP in D2 because of my early experience with it in first 2-3 years.

Basically people droping items around ur body so that if u pick it up by mistake ur items from ur body drop...

I had that happen to me 2-3 times. And that base on how each pvp revolved around in early D2 days.

Later on i enjoyed it alot better.... but D2 was mostly PVE experiance that i enjoyed majorly with the story that no matter how many times i listen to it never got bored of it.
So many people seem to say the same thing. "PVP is for arenas" but if you look.. Diablo came before world of warcraft ever introduced arenas so in fact that is not true. Diablo 1 & 2 both revolved around world PVP

Unfortunately Jay Wilson has already said they WILL NOT balance D3 for PVP. They will not have seasons, they will not have PVP teams, they will not have win/loss rations. They will change character abilities solely on PVE balance regardless of how it affects PVP.

PVP in D3 is going to be a "minigame" for when your bored, nothing more.
We usually dueled to test ourselves against other builds.
PVP was outside fights is what i meant, not that diablo revolved around PVP because it definitely didn't. For me it did though. Creating the best char with the sweetest items I could find in order to hold my own come time to battle. Not just so I looked cool. What the point in getting the gear if you can't do n e thing with it

there was no pvp in d1 and d2. just a few deviants who thought they were pvping.
Bad people bad, blizzard already said no. Shutup already and wait for arenas. Griefers gonna grief
PvP, person vs person, dueling, whatever you want to call it. All this talk has dragged me from my original point. I just want to be able to battle my friends and family in game. Its a choice between my friends and I and I just want the option available.
Too many people who got killed as newbs in d2 hear hostile and quiver, but it's not about that.
**I just want the Option for when I play with people who also enjoy the same thing.**
I actually like the duel idea, but I prefer special PVP areas.
PvP, person vs person, dueling, whatever you want to call it. All this talk has dragged me from my original point. I just want to be able to battle my friends and family in game. Its a choice between my friends and I and I just want the option available.
Too many people who got killed as newbs in d2 hear hostile and quiver, but it's not about that.
**I just want the Option for when I play with people who also enjoy the same thing.**

i can just see it now

Computer joins your game

the forces of hell have grown stronger

Computer is hostile towards you
If they implement a mutual agreement dueling system great but keep hostile out of the game. Good riddance frankly.
It seems you have a hard time reading.
09/24/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Computer
It seems you have a hard time reading.

maybe if they have to agree to be hostile with you id be okay with it.
If you want pvp, then you are at the wrong place. Diablo is a series focused on fighting demons, not each other.
You will never be dueling / hostile mode in Campaign. Simple as that.

You want to PvP. Go to the Arena. They create that for a reason.