Not for clan support.

General Discussion
I would think the design strategy we already see in the game is effectively saying this is more socially based in the sense that we meet new people and yet still have the option to play with friends. Clearly, in my opinion that is, it seems a 4 person cap on the games sort of tells me where Bliz wants to go with this.

Now should there be guild support? Why not, consumers such as ourselves love options, even if we do not use them.

Thank you for adding some useful information to the conversation!
I believe what you've said in your first paragraph there tells it all. I can only hope that's how it is, personally of course. If it isn't answered before Blizzcon, I'll be sure to jump in the Q&A again this year and ask.
I am convinced this is a troll, and if it isn't, it's about as useful as a troll.

Then don't post in this thread... cause you'd be "feeding me"...

Obviously, I'm not. I'm just trying to make sure stupid people like her don't ruin it for people like myself who've been waiting for 10 years on an epic game NOT full of retards like her.

I guess to answer your question on what purpose a clan would serve, is to say just the social aspect. I will use the group of people I play with. Some of of the guild I run with have been playing together since UO ... that is a long long time to be playing with one another ... many of us were young back than and now are what some here would call "old" lol.

I guess regardless what Blizzard does in terms of guild support, it is going to exist regardless, either supported in game or not. I don't see any harm in allowing some support such as Clan Channels or something similar to WoW's Guild tabards to be worn.

I think when I think in terms of clans in D3 I think a small group of gamers that are pretty good friends than do some runs together in keep loot within their circle sort to speak.

I honestly like this topic and like what everyone has had to say about it so far. Would be interesting to see what Blizzards plans or ideas on this are.

Not bad, dude, but that's about as far as I'd go with it. Even then, I wouldn't call that a guild.

Also, if you don't like my post... hit the dislike button, don't +1 the thread with your useless opinion about hating my thread. Put some information in there about why you dislike it. Again, you've failed to read my post correctly, but I'll say it once again. Clans... were... never... officially... supported... in... Diablo. Do me a favor and don't post in here unless you've got something to bring to the conversation. I'm tired of you +1'ers.

social networking is as far as you could go with it in a game like diablo and there's nothing wrong with that.
Don't play with them, don't use it, and it ain't your game.

Guilds are so much more then end-game raiding, way to stereotype. Its called social interaction of X number of people that have the same interests/goals(whatever that may be - raiding, pony club, etc).
I don't want to add people I don't know in real life to my Real ID(that would defeat the purpose of Real ID). I'm sure the actual friends list has a limited amount of space, where a simple guild list would allow players to communicate in and outside of a private/public game, besides me spamming my broadcast:2 spots open, who wants in.

Its going to happen with or without Blizzard's support, just as it does in almost every other online multi-player game. At the end of the day its meant to be a co-operative experience. A game you want to play with people you enjoy playing with.

Not for or against it, really couldn't care if its supported or not. I'll be playing regardless.
I am convinced this is a troll, and if it isn't, it's about as useful as a troll.

Obviously, I'm not. I'm just trying to make sure stupid people like her don't ruin it for people like myself who've been waiting for 10 years on an epic game NOT full of retards like her.

I guess to answer your question on what purpose a clan would serve, is to say just the social aspect. I will use the group of people I play with. Some of of the guild I run with have been playing together since UO ... that is a long long time to be playing with one another ... many of us were young back than and now are what some here would call "old" lol.

I guess regardless what Blizzard does in terms of guild support, it is going to exist regardless, either supported in game or not. I don't see any harm in allowing some support such as Clan Channels or something similar to WoW's Guild tabards to be worn.

I think when I think in terms of clans in D3 I think a small group of gamers that are pretty good friends than do some runs together in keep loot within their circle sort to speak.

I honestly like this topic and like what everyone has had to say about it so far. Would be interesting to see what Blizzards plans or ideas on this are.

Not bad, dude, but that's about as far as I'd go with it. Even then, I wouldn't call that a guild.

Also, if you don't like my post... hit the dislike button, don't +1 the thread with your useless opinion about hating my thread. Put some information in there about why you dislike it. Again, you've failed to read my post correctly, but I'll say it once again. Clans... were... never... officially... supported... in... Diablo. Do me a favor and don't post in here unless you've got something to bring to the conversation. I'm tired of you +1'ers.

Wtf are you talking about with this +1 dislike button stuff? I have no idea what it is or what it is for let alone "hit" it : /
Because guilds are only useful for raiding... *boggle*

This post is the reason non-gamers shouldn't be allowed to play D3...

Wtf are you talking about with this +1 dislike button stuff? I have no idea what it is or what it is for let alone "hit" it : /

you can click the dislike button to dislike someones post, conversely you can also hit the like button.

or you can just click neither button.
09/22/2011 05:19 AMPosted by acidrain
It's pretty evident she's a WoW fiend trying to get views on her YouTube account

well it got you to look at it and then post it on here for all of us to look at it
There will be no in-built clan support (and certainly not guilds like in WoW). People might create clans but the most "physical" aspect of it will be an internet forum or a player-created channel on Battle.net (and you could create such channels in D2 as well). I imagine the vast majority of players will be playing with whoever they have on their RealID.

Guilds exist on WoW because it's an MMORPG and most of the content requires you to play with other people (5 mans, raids), and guilds make this much easier to organise. In Diablo it's purely optional, you can single player the entire thing if you want, but the option to play with friends is there and supported. D3 is not an MMORPG so even though it requires an internet connection to play (which is for prevention of hacking/botting ...my guess) it can easily be a single player game.

Plus games can only hold up to 4 players. Hardly raid-esque. :P Things like DKP would also be impossible due to the fact that we only see our own drops anyway. Perhaps in clans people will exchange items if they're not selling/buying them on the Auction House, but that's about it.
You do know that there are more guilds that /don't/ raid than there are that do, eh? It's not always about DKP and loot. Some people like to play with a group of like minded individuals and just having a friends list doesn't really cut it.

And sure you can solo all day long in D3. You can solo all day long in virtually every MMO that has ever come out as well.
You do know that there are more guilds that /don't/ raid than there are that do, eh? It's not always about DKP and loot. Some people like to play with a group of like minded individuals and just having a friends list doesn't really cut it.

And sure you can solo all day long in D3. You can solo all day long in virtually every MMO that has ever come out as well.

well any mmo that came out after WoW anyways lol, that was one of the revolutionary things they did.
[quote="32287039176"]
Or maybe... idk... CLAN WARS?!

In a Blizzard game? Of course not.

Blizzard caters to casuals and carebears.

well any mmo that came out after WoW anyways lol, that was one of the revolutionary things they did.

No, ... Pretty much every MMO. I've played them since the first came in to existence, heh. Not all classes in all games could solo very well... but soloing was always there.
Just because clan support wasn't in D2 isn't a reason to leave it out of D3. D2 is going on 12 years old, how many games back then had built in support for clans/guilds? (Actually I don't recall any game that I played back then having built in support).

While I agree that it's not something that should be a top priority in game development unless the game is centered around clans/guilds, it's still worthwhile to have. RealID is good enough for now, but it really isn't an ideal system for clan support. Imagine a clan with 100 people in it. Can you imagine how much of a pain it would be for a new member to add every person in the clan to their list? Besides the fact of how long if would take for everyone to add each other, it would be much easier if by being added to a clan, you instantly have a way to chat with anyone in the clan.

As has been said before, just because there is a 4 player limit in-game doesn't negate clans entirely. There is more to clans than a need to combine forces to tackle an enemy in-game. Dare I say the social aspect of a clan has a bigger role than playing the game itself (at least for clans that manage to stay alive for a decent amount of time).

No, ... Pretty much every MMO. I've played them since the first came in to existence, heh. Not all classes in all games could solo very well... but soloing was always there.

you're joking, ive played mmos for 5 yyears before wow was even being made and there was almost no soloability at all. and any that there was was either extremely complicated or relegated to soloing monsters well below your level.

you're joking, ive played mmos for 5 yyears before wow was even being made and there was almost no soloability at all. and any that there was was either extremely complicated or relegated to soloing monsters well below your level.

Such as which game?
A good use for it would simply be central organization and a bank

I hated making multiple bank characters....
I personally do not agree with the RMAH at all...