any1 know when we'll be able to dual wield 2h

General Discussion
as a barbarian? they said you could still do that still but then they also said you'd be able to customize your character's physical appearance a couple years ago and that all environments would be random (which they arent, not all areas, just dungeons).
first I looked at your name
then I looked at your post

now I'm debating if your post is actually worth the effort of an in-depth reply, or if I should just dish out the usual brand of troll kibble and move on. I'm thinking option B right now.
wtf are you talking about? I've been watching the videos for barbarians and so far none of them have been able to equip 2 2-handers, as the 2ndary weapon was redded out. and if theres a passive skill that allows it I diddnt see it. so I'm curious how that's gonna work...
i smell trolls
From what i´ve seen and heard it will not be possible. If i remember it correctly it was a blue post that said this a while ago.
why? why do you think I'm trolling? I explained my problem clearly and consisely and I'm trying to find if anyonehas heard this or not. you know what I smell trolls in the 2 who replied.
Like his or her name is any better (MelonPan). With that said, I am pretty sure you get this ability later on; right now the beta only goes up to a certain level and stops (you do not play the whole game).
09/22/2011 04:05 PMPosted by Aastu
From what i´ve seen and heard it will not be possible. If i remember it correctly it was a blue post that said this a while ago.

lol aw really? thats terrible. you were able to in d2 and they said you'd be able to in d3 a while back, thats really disappointing.
09/22/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Hellslayer
Like his or her name is any better (MelonPan). With that said, I am pretty sure you get this ability later on; right now the beta only goes up to a certain level and stops (you do not play the whole game).

yeah but I checked the skill calculator which has all the skills that are currently in the game and it does not appear to be there... which means it would have to be a) a 2ndary passive (ie: something that doesnt show up and is just there regardless of whether u pick it up, unlikely), b) not in the game yet, or c) not going to be....
I think what they've done instead is added that 'massive weapon' category... and you can have 2 of the 1H versions of these 'massive weapons'.
09/22/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Volcanic
I think what they've done instead is added that 'massive weapon' category... and you can have 2 of the 1H versions of these 'massive weapons'

Very good observation! I think you're right.
Been tryin to figure out what massive weapons were, now I get it.
09/22/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Volcanic
I think what they've done instead is added that 'massive weapon' category... and you can have 2 of the 1H versions of these 'massive weapons'.

not sure what you mean please continue
:)
You'll be able to dual wield 2 handers when they inevitably add a 4 handed race in one of the expansions
There's a new category of weapons called "Massive Weapons" that seem to be Barbarian-only. I think what Volcanic is saying is that you can not wield two 2-H weapons, but there are 1-H massive weapons that are of similar size.

So while you're not actually wielding two 2-H weapons, you'll be able to wield two 1-H weapons that are abnormally large.
http://www.diablowiki.net/Barbarian_skills

unless im blind i dont see it
There's a new category of weapons called "Massive Weapons" that seem to be Barbarian-only. I think what Volcanic is saying is that you can not wield two 2-H weapons, but there are 1-H massive weapons that are of similar size.

So while you're not actually wielding two 2-H weapons, you'll be able to wield two 1-H weapons that are abnormally large.

aaaaaaah so thats what massive weapons are... was wondering that.... i guess that makes sure you dont have to waste a passive slot with something so small, but still makes it so you can technically 2xw2handers