Unattuned Runestones

Items and Crafting
Anyone have any idea what these are?
Im guessing they somehow augment a spell without changing its properties.
Either that, or they are unidentified runes that'll need to be ID'd before use (possibily by socketting them)
runes drop that way, then you identify them, adds a little surprise to the game as to not know which rune it is simply by the icon
Anyone know what the follower special items are for, and what exactly they do?
I'd like clarification on unattuned runestones as well. I've heard mention of the interview where it is suggested that all runes drop as unattuned, and only after inserting them into a skill is the color revealed. I hope that's not the case as it just sounds like a headache.
09/23/2011 08:31 AMPosted by FatalLogic
I'd like clarification on unattuned runestones as well. I've heard mention of the interview where it is suggested that all runes drop as unattuned, and only after inserting them into a skill is the color revealed. I hope that's not the case as it just sounds like a headache.

What happens as well is that the slotting a runestone into a skill then permanently locks it to that skill. From then on it can only be reslotted into that particular skill. That was how Jay Wilson described it in the interview, at least. I have not seen any official confirmation since then that they are indeed going with this system (though the presence of unattuned runestones on the game guide suggests that they are).
unattuned runestones are probably what jay wilson mentioned
Search function helps. There has already been much discussion on this (although I don't know if there was 4 days ago :P )