Vote Yes or No to create Weapon Animations!

Monk
This topic has been discussed on several threads and i think it is important enough to have a Poll/Sticky started. Just leave a simple yes or no for this thread so the community can have an accurate figure to judge.

I vote YES!
No.
YES
no
Idk, i kinda think no.
While it WOULD be cool to see the weapons, it would also require totally different animations.
For each weapon type.
Really.
I mean i didnt even notice the weapons disappear until after i was lvl 11, and on these forums :p
no. sensei says monk punches with hand, not stick
Yes.

I was quite disappoint when the Monk had decided not to learn how to use his weapons since his release, when it was claimed he simply wasn't done.

Monk still not done. I mean, I didn't want to pick the Monk for punching.

I want to kick !@# with a staff. So let me. For serious.
Yes for staves (spining everywhere like in the cinematic would be nice)

No for the rest. Fist and kick fighting is so badass but that might just be cause of my Muay Thai LOL
Yes, but do like DDO has and make Handwraps the top damage (possibly staves too) but allow other weapon animations.
Monks should use equipped fist weapons in their attacks. All other weapons can go on the belt/back during attacks.
This is a discussion forum. There's a reason there's no built-in poll system, and it's not because of a lack of technology. We've already got multiple threads to discuss this in, there' no need for another one just to spam one-word answers that don't help anything.
09/28/2011 08:21 AMPosted by AgentPaper
This is a discussion forum. There's a reason there's no built-in poll system, and it's not because of a lack of technology. We've already got multiple threads to discuss this in, there' no need for another one just to spam one-word answers that don't help anything.

Its a forum where ideas are traded, dont post under a thread if your not going to be productive towards orignal post. Super obnoxious. If this topic is of no concern to you then do not go out of your way to bash it because to others like myself it is. It amazes how many people in this forum love to go under threads that do not apply to them so they can bash the posters. I know there are multiple threads that discuss this but that was not the point of this thread. It was a simple YES or NO just to get a consensus of the community as to there thoughts without having to skim through everyones posts. Thank you come again!
I'm sure this "vote" will force Blizzard to change their minds and not be a complete waste of time your time.
09/28/2011 02:15 PMPosted by sic
I'm sure this "vote" will force Blizzard to change their minds and not be a complete waste of time your time.

From what I understand, Blizzard does look into fan feedback on what direction they take their games.

Also I'm saying yes.
Yes!

To me its no fun to get a brand new awesome looking weapon only to sheath it on your back and never use it.
Anything that would cause even greater delays in releasing this game, I would vote against. So: No.
Monk weapons yes, other weapons no
Not at all.

I would say that if I wanted to see myself swinging weapons around I would not pick a class that based on using their fists to do damage.

That is what the Barbarian is for in my opinion.
I would say that if I wanted to see myself swinging weapons around I would not pick a class that based on using their fists to do damage.

That is what the Barbarian is for in my opinion.

Then what is the point of getting weapons besides simply adding more stat modifiers. It would make more sense to have the monk use their fist abilities and somehow do something with the staff at the same time.

Or let us leave the weapon sheathed on the back the whole game? Seems dumb to see them swap back and forth between each attack.. Once you see it, you cant unsee it!
you think a wooden stick can do anything against demons? The monks body is imbued with the strength of a thousand and one gods. his fists are stronger than any weapon except for weapons that further strengthen his fist (i.e. fist weapons). the stick, i feel, is there for spiritual guidance (have you seen the spirit regen on some of the staffs??) and should NOT be used for attacks like exploding palm, 100 fists, seven sided strike, and other abilities that I cant think of. If they make staff specific attacks then id be ok with it, but they havn't yet, so no