Vote Yes or No to create Weapon Animations!

Monk
Yes
Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Straight from the sticky about the forums.
Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Straight from the sticky about the forums.

Yes i can respect that but at the same time this is a topic that is discussed throughout the entire monk forum. It is obviously something that cannot be overlooked, so i wanted to get the ball rolling and take the initiative. Ultimately it will be blizzards choice but hopefully they will hear some of our cries and make adjustments accordingly. After all these are users who are interested in playing the monk so any feedback is a plus.
I get the feeling the blues have not been to the monk forum in a while.
Seriously, is a weapon intensive game like Diablo. Having a class that doesn't "use" said weapons is just dumb. I understand Monks are masters of their bare fists but they do use staffs and clubs from time to time as well as fist weapons. Not having special animations for each weapon just seems like a failure on part of the developer. I do understand it's more work but they have themselves decided to delay/postpone the games release therefore enabling themselves to have more time. In this time I expect things to be done, these are:

Make monks "use" their melee weapons.

Make sure each character class (in both male and female) have animations for each weapon class available to them.

Improve their network code, if they have decided to force us to play online at all times then the coding on the servers has to be up to snuff to prevent any launch issues.

Give more information on probable patch schedules (will it be like WoW or Diablo 2 with occasional patches).

Add more Gems and other items of that sort.

Expand the Website to include as much info as possible without spoiling anything.

I think that's about all my issues with things so far.

YES.

WTB: staff twirling animations (like Friar from DAOC... or like Blizzard's own monk video).
ATLEAST a staff animation for monks, please. Don't make it some kind of melee-stat boosting stick, it's a martial weapon for God's sake.
Maybe for staves would be alright, but personally I'm looking forward to the fists-only attack animations.
Yes for Daibo and fist weapons/katars. Using axes or swords would be silly for monk abilities.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, not really. Fists of Thunder says '' Fists ''. Enjoy.
Animations for the Daibo absolutely must be in the game, but it's not worth delaying the game over. Having the fist weapons show up should definitely be in for release, I can't imagine that it would take that much to implement, since all you have to do is make the existing animations keep the weapon graphic on the fist. Animations for swords/axes/daggers/etc would be great and should definitely go in at some point, but there's more important things to be doing before release so they can come in a patch/expac probably.
09/29/2011 07:31 PMPosted by AgentPaper
Animations for the Daibo absolutely must be in the game, but it's not worth delaying the game over. Having the fist weapons show up should definitely be in for release, I can't imagine that it would take that much to implement, since all you have to do is make the existing animations keep the weapon graphic on the fist. Animations for swords/axes/daggers/etc would be great and should definitely go in at some point, but there's more important things to be doing before release so they can come in a patch/expac probably.

More important things to do? I do agree with this however its not like Blizzard has no money or resources...seems like they could just dedicate 200 devs to it real quick and git er done in a week.

11mil WoW subs (me included) should be able to pay for this...seriously :)
I would say YES, especially for Staves. if real life Shaolin or Tibetian Monks can wield staves with graces, D3's monk should do that same =)

i know the skills are called FISTS of Thunder and exploding PALM, but i'm kinda bumped out and distracted by the constant sheathing/unsheathing of weapons.

Perhaps Staves would be the only exception to this? Since Staves are Monk's unique equipment, the monk would be animated using them instead of their fists.
My 2 cents

No weapon animations will probably keep me from playing a monk as my first character.
I agree with animating attacks for monks with a Daibo/Staff. I kind of disagree with other weapon animations though. Yeah, it makes sense to have them if a monk will be using weapons, but it doesn't necessarily make sense if it's a huge time sink. However, the devil (and the divine) are in the details; take from that whatever you will.
NO NO NO NO NO

The whole reason I want to play a Monk is to punch demons in their damned throats! (pun was !@#$ing intended!)
I wouldn't mind if the sheathing animation didn't break verisimilitude. As it stands, the monk insta-sheaths, and unsheaths between attacks, and makes the character look very strange.

Compound that with the fact that a monk never needs to auto-attack, and suddenly you have a dude running around with a weapon, but when faced with monsters puts said weapon away, punches them, and then pulls it out again.

I know my opinion is unpopular, but I would be fine with a delay of the game in a world where they add weapon animations.
I think the abilities that say he uses his fist aka "Fist of thunder" or "Way of the hundred fists" should use his fists. But something like crippling wave or sweeping wind should definitely use his staff. Aoe abilities should use his staff. I hope it gets changed but if not it is still going to be my first class and favorite class. I love the monk lore!
YES