The first wave of beta key giveaways

General Discussion
TBH, I'm somewhat underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that some keys are being given to fansites to distribute to the fans, but when there's literally thousands, maybe even tens of thousands of potential testers all wanting a piece of the action, it's a bit underwhelming when we see a fansite given 5 keys to hand out.

I realize that fansites are likely going to be given more keys to distribute as the beta goes on and I have a feeling that those lucky enough to get into the beta now will likely get extra keys to invite friends so they can play with their pals, similar to the SC2 beta scene. But this first wave of keys and we see a limit of 5 keys is somewhat discouraging.

I'm going to continue to hope and pray and do everything in my power to obtain a beta invite. I guess I was just a little disappointed when I see the number 5 when referring to beta keys and not say something along the lines 45 or 25 even.

It is still early in the beta, I'm sure I'll have many more opportunities to get access as well as everyone else hoping to get in, just the odds don't seem to be in our favor atm >.<
Oh this again
well the game's coming out q1 2012. Basically its nowhere near release and, truthfully, we should 'pause' our activity and attention - there's no reason for us to be here at the moment. Would be smarter for us to stop and resume our forum activity closer to January/February 2012. This will save us a lot of anxiety, I think.
09/30/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Warbrin
Oh this again

Still a valid point. It's a lame way to do things, and it kills everyone but hardcore fans.

So if you've lost interest why are you posting here still?
Is this for real? this kid is complaining about an extra chance at a beta invite?
If they could let more people in, they would. They can't provide more keys to give away because they aren't ready for that many people to be in the beta yet. Come on guys, let's use a little common sense, hmm?
Blizz doesn't want mass numbers playing atm, that's pretty clear. They want a slow intake of numbers playing.

I know it sucks but its the way it must be trust me blizz has a plan and reasoning behind it.

best bet is to continue with your daily life and distract yourself, thats when I got my key when I wasn't even thinking of diablo.
Oh this again

Still a valid point. It's a lame way to do things, and it kills everyone but hardcore fans.

You mean there are people posting on this board and aching for a beta key that aren't hardcore fans? Your statement is a paradox. If you aren't a hardcore fan why the hell do you care if you will or won't get into beta testing?
well its true that we all went from "its coming out in a couple months!" to "its coming out in 6 months!" which is hard to deal with as fans. We have to stop, divert attention to another game, and return once we're within the 2-month window again.
Oh this again

I'm not hardcore. I think I played Nightmare till Act 2 and lost interest. I'm not mad about it.

Oh, you're generalizing, I get it.
09/30/2011 09:41 PMPosted by ShadowDark
If they could let more people in, they would. They can't provide more keys to give away because they aren't ready for that many people to be in the beta yet. Come on guys, let's use a little common sense, hmm?

You make it sound like they couldn't. The Beta sweepstakes is proof enough that they can, they're handing out 2000 additional keys via a sweepstakes yet giving fansites 5 keys to give out to fans via fansite contests.

My point
^
^
^
^
your head
There are diablo fan sites?
Exactly.
Either you're being sarcastic which makes little to no sense, or you actually didn't know this which is just sad. I'm going to go with sarcastic and raise an eyebrow.

There are at least half a dozen respectable fansites that I know of off-hand with literally thousands of followers being given a token amount of keys to be handed out to the fans and probably another dozen I'm not aware of because I can't follow them all. (which is why your comment is somewhat baffling) Again, this in itself doesn't bother me; having more chances at getting into the beta is a good thing. It's the number of keys they're being allotted. 3 keys for one site, 5 or 7 for another to be distributed is essentially cookie crumbs.

I was just expecting something more. At the very least, in the double digits.