Early 2012

General Discussion
11/02/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Jim
June at the earliest (see SC2 'home stretch' for details).

That's the best way to look at it.
Actually...the "close to being done" is just there way of saying they are polishing the game of when the game itself is done.
The annual pass gives some insight on when D3 will be released.

Assume:
- "target" is someone already playing WoW who is a D3 fanatic
- target will drop WoW as soon as D3 comes out (possibly when release is announced?), and will stop payment on WoW as they purchase D3

With these two assumptions, Blizzard breaks even if they release (or maybe even just announce release?) within 8 months. Eight months after Blizzcon = June 2012. Any time before June 2012 results in a net $$ gain from these types of consumers. After June represents a 'loss.'
The annual pass gives some insight on when D3 will be released.

Assume:
- "target" is someone already playing WoW who is a D3 fanatic
- target will drop WoW as soon as D3 comes out (possibly when release is announced?), and will stop payment on WoW as they purchase D3

With these two assumptions, Blizzard breaks even if they release (or maybe even just announce release?) within 8 months. Eight months after Blizzcon = June 2012. Any time before June 2012 results in a net $$ gain from these types of consumers. After June represents a 'loss.'

YOUR A GENIUS !!! I like this guy +1 So Im off by 2 months... Blizzard would only take a loss if they absolutely had to and I just don't see them doing that. June 2012 here we come yall 7-8 months more wait and we are in the clear.

11/02/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Råjahten
Jan 17.

god, I can't wait Jan 18 so I can laugh at all you people

heck, I won't even have to wait that long
we should definitely know by Christmas
I say itll drop either in March or in June

Game isnt even close to be finished....
I want blizzard to take their time tho, even if they have pressure from around the world...
I want a game that I will play for a long time, wich is basicaly what happened with d2 :P
Blizzard is usually good when it come to deliver what players want...
I trust you Blizzard staff dont let me down <3
11/02/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Axeingar
What does the community feel blizzard means when they say D3 early next year.
January first 2013
D3 early next year? First quarter, most likely.

Combined with the Blizz employees saying it'll be out "sooner than you think", I'm thinking a January release is realistic. Would be surprised if it's March or later. Especially given that the game's pretty much been done for a while now.

Here's is the timeline for SC2, which is as close as an example as we can have:

Closed beta started Feb 17, 2010.
Game was released Jul 17, 2010.

(From wikipedia page on SC2)

That's 5 months for those that are month-math challenged.

D3 closed beta: Sep 20, 2011
If Release = closed beta + 5 months, then look for it around...Feb 20, 2012.

SC2 was released July 27th, not the 17th.
I say itll drop either in March or in June

Game isnt even close to be finished....
I want blizzard to take their time tho, even if they have pressure from around the world...
I want a game that I will play for a long time, wich is basicaly what happened with d2 :P
Blizzard is usually good when it come to deliver what players want...
I trust you Blizzard staff dont let me down <3
How so? The class changes are coming in the next beta patch (which could be as early as tomorrow). There will likely be fixes in place for the ah as well, as theyve known about and been working on it for awhile now.

The only other unfinished thing would be the runestone system, which they stated at blizzcon 2010 that they had a fall back system in place if none of the other options they were looking at felt good.

The game has been mostly finished for awhile now, they are playing inferno internally. What makes you think that "the game isnt even close to being finished"?
early 2012 in my book is the same as "effectively never" until i get an actual date.
In my opinion January 17th is not at all likely.

If January 17th was possible, I feel they would have approved MASSIVE overtime for the staff and pushed to get it out by December 20th or so.

To me, pushing the game back till "early 2012" means that the Diablo 3 team will get a nice holliday. Not alot of work will be going on from December 20thish till January 2ndish.

For these reasons, I feel like the earliest realistic date is Late February, and likely early March.

Just my opinion.
Soon™
11/02/2011 09:32 AMPosted by Erowid
It better be early 2012 if the Mayans were right...

FYI:

The Mayan calendar reference 2012 as "rebirth", not the end of days.

:)

No uh. Explain the call I got from the Government that informed me that I was one of the few people that got randomly selected to avoid the catastrophe. They told me not to tell anyone about it to avoid a mass public panic. Oh great. Look what you made me do...
11/02/2011 07:54 PMPosted by Fîraga

FYI:

The Mayan calendar reference 2012 as "rebirth", not the end of days.

:)

No uh. Explain the call I got from the Government that informed me that I was one of the few people that got randomly selected to avoid the catastrophe. They told me not to tell anyone about it to avoid a mass public panic. Oh great. Look what you made me do...

2/10

Nice effort.
2/10

Nice effort.

Damn. I thought that was pretty good too =/