Question about hardcore mode characters

General Discussion
If your character dies in HC mode, i saw somewhere(i think diablowiki) that you lose your gear but retain your gold and also something about your character being demoted to Softcore mode after it dies from HC. Can anyone clarify these?
Nope, you heard wrong, man. Sorry.
Oh lord, i hope they really arent putting !@#$ like that up on the site. There were about 3 people on the forums who wanted HC characters to go SC after they died, everyone else (including blizzard) said no.
Oh okay thanks. I was gonna plan on making an HC character(to start) then see how far i can go and wont really matter much if it dies since it will get demoted to softcore. I guess it was too good to be true, hehe.
You will have to complete Normal mode before being able to make a hardcore character, like diablo 2 so.... :)
You do not need to be in hardcore mode to see how far you can get without dying, the monsters are the same either way, so just try not to die in softcore mode.
10/28/2011 06:36 AMPosted by Rainarya
You will have to complete Normal mode before being able to make a hardcore character, like diablo 2 so.... :)

Ahhhh, right. That makes sense.
They said they may do some type of "hall of legends" in the far future per account where you could see your dead hardcore characters (but that is it you just see them dead).