Diablo 3 a waste of time?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I can remember the countless hours I frivolously wasted on Diablo 2. Valuable years of my early 20's just completely and utterly gone. College classes skipped, girlfriends lost, family members ignored, sick days called into work, sunny days missed, friends dissed. The list goes on.

So with all of that in mind and in regards to Diablo 3, I can't wait to completely SHATTER the previous amount of time spent on Diablo 2. :)
Lol.
Its called ''Failling at life management''
11/06/2011 11:17 AMPosted by Snutze
Its called ''Failling at life management''
lol its gonna be awesome
e-sports is gonna be in the Olympics someday, just watch.

"And the Diablo III gold medal goes to _____________!"

"I'd like to thank my friends and family for letting me to ignore them to play this awesome game!" hehe.
u got possessed by Diablo . GG
11/06/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Vary
I did, and it wasn't worth it. This is why the next corporate generation will be ran by women. Which might be good, except once a month.

rofl.

I can remember the countless hours I frivolously wasted on Diablo 2. Valuable years of my early 20's just completely and utterly gone. College classes skipped, girlfriends lost, family members ignored, sick days called into work, sunny days missed, friends dissed. The list goes on.

So with all of that in mind and in regards to Diablo 3, I can't wait to completely SHATTER the previous amount of time spent on Diablo 2. :)

Yeah I'm gonna have to be really careful in how I manage my time.
"wasted"

my friends and I talk about this a lot. - personally I think 'wasted' is not the right way to look at it, rather, gaming is a new kind of way for people to live life and spend time. people arent used to seeing it as such.

for me, as a guy who had a 'healthy' social life as a teen-20s, I see gaming as not a bad way to live at all. that is, when I lived a more 'normal' kind of life, I was doing drugs, wasting money in bars, perhaps taking too many risks with women I didnt know. all that sounds fun, but in the big picture is prolly not a good way to spend time, one could say I 'wasted' a lot of years drunk and high, I could argue that those times were important to me, and I could say the same for my time 'wasted' on videogames.

big difference though, is that games are comparatively harmless, to you and others. -yet a lot of people seem to think that now that I am sober, out of trouble, playing games, something wrong with me because I dont hit the clubs any more, and I am 'wasting' time... its just old fashioned thinking (i'm from the caribbean, where getting drunk/high, excessive partying is the norm), and the pressures society place on people as to 'what is success', 'what is attractive', 'what is normal', etc.

its really a quality of life question, even for good clean fun. I dont spend as much time fishing these days, but I feel okay about that, not having to 'waste' gas for a thrill, or spend money on lures I prolly never needed and choking seaturtles....

girls are around.
imo, the kinds of girls who care too much about my being a healthy socalite, or would frown on my choice to play games more; they are usually not the kinds of girls you want as a gf anyway. -you want to find someone who accepts you for whatever you are into.

its all about taboo and the new. like how tv was thought to be bad for you, the kind of 'zombie' effect it has on people, looking from the outside. games are like that: older people who never played a videogame look at us and say something is wrong, they pass down the ideal, its in the back of our mind 'not good', but its more that likely 100% fine.

all that said, the human body needs things that games cant provide. we know this however, so getting up, sunlight, going for a walk, you'll always need some of that, obviously.

future future. dzzt, shutting down...bzzzt...
e-sports is gonna be in the Olympics someday, just watch.

"And the Diablo III gold medal goes to _____________!"

"I'd like to thank my friends and family for letting me to ignore them to play this awesome game!" hehe.

the third statement .. "to all my former friends ..and to my family i hardly ever see ..it wasn't all wasted time!"
Lol. I thought this was going was going to be a troll. Made me laugh. cheers
It's called playing games in moderation, ever heard of it? If it's sunny out, well just play for a couple hours or play on a rainy day. Nobody is forcing you to play hours upon hours each and every day, if you do this, it's your own fault. I have a gf, two kids and I still find time to play games and enjoy them, mostly when the kids are off to bed. Most games I play are co-op oriented and so it isn't a waste of time because I'm playing with friends I know and having good times and memories.

I feel like there is this misconception people make with wasting time playing games, when it has nothing to do with the game itself but your entire mindset and addiction problems. Play in moderation and you'll feel much more accomplished in life.
with the rmah people get to waste the time doing what they want and spend money doing it
This topic is a waste of time.
I don't have friends and don't want to waste time maintaining them. I like myself enough to enjoy my own company.
I think you guys make a good point about balance. With games, in the past I would often fall in either two extremes of complete avoidance or overindulgence. To resolve this issue, a book that helped me tremendously (through college and even now with work) is Dr. Fiore's 'Now Habit':
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1585425524/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=httpbetterand-20

In his research, he found that people (e.g. businessman, college students, etc.) who incorporated "guilt-free playtime," and did things that they really loved and enjoyed, in moderation, were a lot more happy and ultimately more productive.
"wasted"

my friends and I talk about this a lot. - personally I think 'wasted' is not the right way to look at it, rather, gaming is a new kind of way for people to live life and spend time. people arent used to seeing it as such.

for me, as a guy who had a 'healthy' social life as a teen-20s, I see gaming as not a bad way to live at all. that is, when I lived a more 'normal' kind of life, I was doing drugs, wasting money in bars, perhaps taking too many risks with women I didnt know. all that sounds fun, but in the big picture is prolly not a good way to spend time, one could say I 'wasted' a lot of years drunk and high, I could argue that those times were important to me, and I could say the same for my time 'wasted' on videogames.

big difference though, is that games are comparatively harmless, to you and others. -yet a lot of people seem to think that now that I am sober, out of trouble, playing games, something wrong with me because I dont hit the clubs any more, and I am 'wasting' time... its just old fashioned thinking (i'm from the caribbean, where getting drunk/high, excessive partying is the norm), and the pressures society place on people as to 'what is success', 'what is attractive', 'what is normal', etc.

its really a quality of life question, even for good clean fun. I dont spend as much time fishing these days, but I feel okay about that, not having to 'waste' gas for a thrill, or spend money on lures I prolly never needed and choking seaturtles....

girls are around.
imo, the kinds of girls who care too much about my being a healthy socalite, or would frown on my choice to play games more; they are usually not the kinds of girls you want as a gf anyway. -you want to find someone who accepts you for whatever you are into.

its all about taboo and the new. like how tv was thought to be bad for you, the kind of 'zombie' effect it has on people, looking from the outside. games are like that: older people who never played a videogame look at us and say something is wrong, they pass down the ideal, its in the back of our mind 'not good', but its more that likely 100% fine.

all that said, the human body needs things that games cant provide. we know this however, so getting up, sunlight, going for a walk, you'll always need some of that, obviously.

future future. dzzt, shutting down...bzzzt...

Very insightful and I agree.