D3 Hype dying down?

General Discussion
Is it just me or has the D3 hype died down? I was anxiously waiting for the Beta and the release up until a few days ago when I started to feel indifferent. Might be that I haven't had a taste of the Beta testing, or maybe because I pre-ordered the game and adopted the mentality that "it'll come when it comes."

How do you guys feel? Still super anxious?
Don't really care, will be re-hyped x1000000 once the release date is within a few weeks and I've gotten my 4 weeks of vacation booked off
I'ts funny how pushing a release date back makes people go find other things to be excited about for a while.
Personally, still extremely anxious, and keeping myself busy with the website, filling it full of kewl data is keeping it constantly on my mind.

Some may feel diminished hype but not me. I've been waiting to long and since I really don't play any other games, it's all I can think of. LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------
Diablosanctuary.com | Twitter - @d3sanctuary
Sure it might go down a bit, but it's only temporary until we have a release date or something to chew on.
I'm still just as excited for the game. Just not excited about Beta anymore.
Ya, i'm sure i will be the happiest man on earth when I get my collector's edition in the mail :p but till then... lol
I was super hyped before, but since my hype has died down. I'm still ridiculously excited and everything, but the feeling of "I need it NAO!111" isn't there any more. Since the release of Dark Souls, pretty much, I've been less hyped.

Dark Souls kept me busy for a while, then I did a new playthrough of Demon's Souls, and now I'm playing Eternal Sonata and waiting for MW3, which will keep me busy 'til D3.
11/04/2011 10:44 AMPosted by HughDePayens
but the feeling of "I need it NAO!111" isn't there any more.

It'll be back when I can download the digital version but can't play it
Eh, not enough NEW stuff has been released to re-hype it for me. The trailer was nice, but I like gameplay stuff. I, like many others, have been excited about this game for a long time. It's just difficult to keep the energy going.

11/04/2011 10:00 AMPosted by BazDefunct
Don't really care, will be re-hyped x1000000 once the release date is within a few weeks and I've gotten my 4 weeks of vacation booked off

Pretty much this.

Regardless I am getting this game and will love it.
A confirmed released date will rev up the hype machine again.
rank 1 Hype: Get everyone incredibly excited for 3 weeks in anticipation for something but offer them nothing. 3 month cooldown.
nope, hype is not going down for me... only going up ! o_O
11/04/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Arcanian
Also, something both games need to be careful of and IMHO TOR has already failed at, is not to generate hype to such a level that know game could ever meet the expectations created.

This game has been hyped since D2 was released and has been climbing since they officially announced the game.
11/04/2011 01:15 PMPosted by Arcanian
A desire for another sequel is not really the same as hype created by the devs.

Hype from the player base is still hype. Just because it hadn't been officially announced there were still people clamouring for a sequel and rumors flying around. That's still hype. Is it developer generated hype? No but still hype.

This game has been hyped since D2 was released and has been climbing since they officially announced the game.

How was it hyped by Blizzard for 11 years when it was only announced officially 3 years ago?

A desire for another sequel is not really the same as hype created by the devs.

It wasn't. People just like to think that others were born yesterday and can convince them that they were "hyped up" after freshly beating a game. We all know it's BS. I've beaten games with cliffhangers before (not that D2 really had one) and thought "cool, hope the next one is good", but to hype myself up? Please. They're just exaggerating.

11/04/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Drumith
Hype from the player base is still hype. Just because it hadn't been officially announced there were still people clamouring for a sequel and rumors flying around. That's still hype. Is it developer generated hype? No but still hype.

While we could play semantics all day, it's the fact that people use "11 years" as their grounds of reasoning behind being so excited. I've wanted D3 since I finished D2 too, but to say I've been "hyped up for 11 years" is bull!@#$, and everyone knows it.