Prophecy about the plot of D3?

Lore and Story
"From the east shall come a monarch whose reign begins in blood and ends in bone. In the light of a comet he shall die a third and final death at the hands of a chosen woman"

This quote was used in another thread and seemed to regarded as a joke. I haven't played the beta so i am not sure if this is actually in there, but the poster of the other thread said it was uttered by the healer npc in the beta.

If you think through this line it gives me some very concrete proof about what could happen during Diablo 3. People who posted in the other thread thought it was about King Leoric because his reign ended in bone but i dont buy it.

We know that the boy King of Caldeum plays a very important role in Diablo 3 and mysterious things have been happening to him. I believe the monarch refers to the boy king whose reign began which the death (blood) of his father. I think that he has been possessed by Diablo. Perhaps come into contact with the black soulstone from Leah. He essentially becomes the wanderer again and makes his way to the comet. There he will become Diablo again and we will have to fight him FOR THE THIRD time and he will die there finally. He will die at the hands of a chosen woman. Who is the only important women who has been introduced in D3? LEAH.

I think this would tie together the boy prince and how the lesser evils are involved would be interesting.
i also think it would be extremely cool and nostalgic to end this trilogy in the place it started: the cathedral of Tristram.

Everyone, post your response to this and point out possible flaws to see if we come up with something good here,
Nice one!
I never seen this statement from this suposed healer...If thats true, so i totally agree that Leah is the woman mentioned, and Diablo will be slain for the third time.

The only part im confused is Diablo being the king who shall come from the east and the king of Caldeum, who is more likely to be possesed by Belial or something....
i was supposing that Diablo would possess the boy king. He would most likely turn into his dinosaur form on the way and die at the cathedral.

Dont know where the lesser evils fit into this though because we know they are pivotal in the story
"From the east shall come a monarch whose reign begins in blood and ends in bone. In the light of a comet he shall die a third and final death at the hands of a chosen woman"

This quote was used in another thread and seemed to regarded as a joke. I haven't played the beta so i am not sure if this is actually in there, but the poster of the other thread said it was uttered by the healer npc in the beta.

If you think through this line it gives me some very concrete proof about what could happen during Diablo 3. People who posted in the other thread thought it was about King Leoric because his reign ended in bone but i dont buy it.

We know that the boy King of Caldeum plays a very important role in Diablo 3 and mysterious things have been happening to him. I believe the monarch refers to the boy king whose reign began which the death (blood) of his father. I think that he has been possessed by Diablo. Perhaps come into contact with the black soulstone from Leah. He essentially becomes the wanderer again and makes his way to the comet. There he will become Diablo again and we will have to fight him FOR THE THIRD time and he will die there finally. He will die at the hands of a chosen woman. Who is the only important women who has been introduced in D3? LEAH.

I think this would tie together the boy prince and how the lesser evils are involved would be interesting.
i also think it would be extremely cool and nostalgic to end this trilogy in the place it started: the cathedral of Tristram.

Everyone, post your response to this and point out possible flaws to see if we come up with something good here,

I think you get it very well, Ginzo. I think the boy-king of Caldeum might play a BIG role in Diablo 3, and I strongly suspect that he might have some blood-ties with King Leoric. In fact I think the boy's father is Leoric's brother, and the history that haunted the Tristram Royal family might hit home back in Caldeum. As a result in order to break the curse, the key will be revealed to be Leah and how she saw through Belial and Azmodan's twisted plans. As a result, the burning abyss will be sealed off from Sanctuary forever, while the High Heaven begins to attack.
Idk, I feel like Leah being the child of Adria and the D1 hero, she probably has diablo (in some way or another) partially within in her, which rationalizes the Azmodan cinematic. The dream is from Diablo's perspective.

Now, how it all plays out. No !@#$ing clue.
The prophecy alludes to your own character as the "chosen women", as it changes to "the hands of true men" when on a male character. But originally I thought it was talking about Leah too. Personally I'm still holding out for the Diablo returning scenario, instead of have it just be about Leoric. The prophecy seems too grand in nature, and peculiar in placement in the game for it to refer to something so boring.
Slight necro , but wanted to correct this. Mind this is a bit spoilerish.

11/09/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Ginzo

1. In Leorics journal we hear that he comes to Tristram, urged by Lazarus, as his new seat of power. (He is already a monarch, and he comes to Tristram)
2. From Lachdanan journals we hear that his rule begun in some kind of war, in which most of his army was slaughtered. (reign begins in blood)
3. As he grows more and more mad Lachdanan slays him (1st time). (dies first time)
4. He is ressurected by Diablo as Skeleton Kind and commands an army of skeletons (reign ends in bone)
5. He is killed a second time by hero of Diablo I.
6. He is resurrected by the light of the comet, and dies (for the third and final time) at the hands of diablo 3 hero. The animation shows him being lifted in a pillar of blue light.

So it refers to Leoric, IMO at least.
I thought that out a while ago but i decided to not post anything about it since the thread kinda just drifted away. I completely agree that it is Leoric, dieing shortly after the the arrival of the meteor. The reasons it says "a chosen womam" could merely be because the character was female; therefore, it probably wasn't refering to Leah at all.
03/24/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Ginzo
I thought that out a while ago but i decided to not post anything about it since the thread kinda just drifted away. I completely agree that it is Leoric, dieing shortly after the the arrival of the meteor. The reasons it says "a chosen womam" could merely be because the character was female; therefore, it probably wasn't refering to Leah at all.
I agree.

I suspect, as others have suggested, that the Boy King may be (or at least under the influence of) Belial.